• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within - PAX East In-Game Trailer

They should have called it an "in-game trailer" rather than a "gameplay trailer". There really wasn't much gameplay in it.

But it looks cool

Graphics look really rough, way worse than the last trailer. I guess this is 360 /PS3 footage.

Concepts look really horrifying and twisted though. The game has my interest from a design / narrative point of view.

sn00zer

Visuals are very meh, but im sure the gameplay will make up for.....looks really washed out ala RE4 for whatever reason

def sim

Nice RE1 callback.

Good catch!

i1gHl0eIibgoR.png

And I thought Rage had bad texture work.

Edit: With that said, atmosphere looks really good. Looking forward to it, hopefully it'll come close to Resi 4 standards of brilliance.

dab0ne

Whew, looks suspenseful but I think the textures are going to be the scariest part of the whole game.

Edit: Saw dieh@rds vid. Now that's what I'm talking about. Looks pretty good.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Much more interesting than anything released so far, in terms of non-gameplay footage at least.

Some really rough textures close up, though. I hope that's not next-gen/PC footage.

Gbraga

HOLY SHIT

This looks amazing!!

Day one, throw me a digital artbook and I'll pre-order it.

I hope they don't kill Hipster McGlasses-san in 5 seconds :(

glaurung

Some very nice horror cliche references in there.

But... I might be spoiled with how good the modern AAA games look, but there are some properly horrible textures in this trailer. Some are glaringly bad.

DieH@rd

Banned

Draft

Most footage I've seen has been slow walks, scripted sequences, or what appear to be QTE style boss fights. Aside from a short clip of the RE4 cabin assault sequence only with barbwire zombies instead of ganados. What is this game?

Whoa, that looks incredible. Love the callbacks to RE1 and The Shining.

Still think Psycho Break is the superior title though and can someone gif the river of blood scene please.

Some very nice horror cliche references in there.

But... I might be spoiled with how good the modern AAA games look, but there are some properly horrible textures in this trailer. Some are glaringly bad.

Well it's running on idTech 5. Wolfenstein suffers from the same problems.

glaurung

Whoa, that looks incredible. Love the callbacks to RE1 and The Shining.

Still think Psycho Break is the superior title though and can someone gif the river of blood scene please.
I also saw some hints at Jacob's ladder, Twin Peaks and even Vidocq.
Well it's running on idTech 5. Wolfenstein suffers from the same problems.
Well, that other video that got linked was a lot better. Are we in for a Dark Souls II level of betrayal here?

Gbraga

Most footage I've seen has been slow walks, scripted sequences, or what appear to be QTE style boss fights. Aside from a short clip of the RE4 cabin assault sequence only with barbwire zombies instead of ganados. What is this game?

It really looks like a cinematic AAA kind of game, that I'm also not fond of. I just accepted that and I'm only looking forward to the cinematic aspect of the game. If the gameplay ends up being good (and not dragged down by slow walking), then that's a plus.

murgo

Looks alright. I don't understand why they chose a last-gen version for this trailer.. the textures/shadows were terribad.

glaurung

What platforms is this on?
E-rrrr-y-thing.
The Evil Within, known in Japan as Psychobreak (サイコブレイク Saikobureiku?), is an upcoming survival horror video game, being developed by Japanese studio Tango Gameworks and published by Bethesda Softworks for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Well, that other video that got linked was a lot better. Are we in for a Dark Souls II level of betrayal here?

This seems to be inherent to the engine. In Rage everything looked great from afar, but once you got really close to things textures didn't look too hot.

mattp

yeah it looks pretty rough graphically but HOLY FUCK THIS LOOKS AWESOME

so excited
please mikami, don't let me down

KJRS_1993

This trailer was crazy good, really enjoyed it.
I'm on board with what everyone else is saying though - it does look like the Xbox 360 / PS3 versions.

Top Bottom