• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within - PAX East In-Game Trailer

Sojgat

Looks insane.

Has it just been cropped for the trailer or is there going to be an option to change the aspect ratio?

Yoday

I really hope id Tech 5 dies after this and Wolfenstein. I get that the engine tends to be geared towards 60fps before anything else, but good god does it produce some hideous textures. The game still looks like it is going to be amazing though.

kiri

The PS4 version is coming along really well and is considered to be the 'main' version....even though it's coming out on a bunch of platforms.

Has DLC been talked about for this game yet?

RE4 was godly. There is not a single person on this earth that has the right the question what RE4 should have been like. It was everything it should have been and more.

Except a horror game. Even Mikami has attempted to hype this game by saying that it's a return to survival horror and not the RE4 action style that's become popular since its release.

I can't understand one thing that's happening in this trailer. In other words, it's doing a fine job. I wonder if they fixed his running animation, or if they're gonna keep it as it is? Last trailer I saw, he ran like a ninja.

glaurung

Only 720p, so it's most definitely last gen version being shown.
I'm not too sure about anything in this video.

Some character models (especially faces) look like they might be 8th gen. But then there is the grass in the scene with the dead/mutilated deer that looks more like a PS2 game.

It's all over this place.

Still, chalk me up as one of the guys who is getting this thing day one, preferably PS4.

Ein Bear

This is the closest we're ever going to get to Resident Evil 4-2. I'm so fucking hyped, this is going to be glorious. Mikami is god.

ironcreed

Banned
I'll be honest, I love RE5. But this looks like the direction the series should have went after RE4. In other words... dat Mikami. This game is no doubt going to be great.

Anteater

I'm not too sure about anything in this video.

Some character models (especially faces) look like they might be 8th gen. But then there is the grass in the scene with the dead/mutilated deer that looks more like a PS2 game.

It's all over this place.

Still, chalk me up as one of the guys who is getting this thing day one, preferably PS4.

Framerate seems a bit inconsistent too, but I do find it weird they're showing off the last gen version.

Elios83

Those 360/PS3-level textures scared the hell out of me. And the nasty shadowing... please be 360/PS3 footage.

Well yep but the game isn't next gen anyway and we knew it since the beginning, people looking into this game just for the graphics might already leave :D
The best thing of this trailer is that it shows it's a real horror game....finally!

Klarax

Banned
GFX shocking

Gameplay - couldn' tell. might be a little worrying as this is supposed to be a gameplay trailer.

Story - seems strange from what i took from it.

Development - went with "As disturbing as we can make it"

I'm not typically into the survival horror genre... but damn, this looks great. I'd definitely consider getting it for PS4, assuming I have one when it comes out.

jett

D-Member
This game looks utterly hideous. Wish Bethesda would stop forciing that shittacular Carmack creation on their developers.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
*SPOILER BREAKDOWN*

I really do think they're trying to throw every possible angle of what could be happening in the game at the player to confuse what is actually going on. We have the possibility of crazy scientific experiments, the possibility of satanic rituals and cults, the possibility that our main character is insane, and so many other possibilities.

This trailer showed a bit more of the Satanic angle of the game, showing things like a goat sacrifice and a cult logo. There's even a scene after Sebastian crashes the ambulance where he walks off from the hill, and see's the church shining off in the distance with a huge beacon of light.

Previously we've seen monsters that look liked barbed-wired zombified Ganados, Boxman, and the lady with multiple arms. This trailer added a woman in a straight jacket with a mirror for a face, we see what looks like a cult member in a grey cloak wearing a plastic mask next to some mannequins (this looks condemned inspired, like he was posing as a mannequin), we see a giant enemy lunge at him from the door (but those who pay attention will notice the bottom half of a human dangling out from underneath the beast, implying it's a mutated human), and a monster in the water with translucent skin and a huge jaw and mouth.

We saw a scene which looks like Sebastein's glasses-wearing cop friend being put on a guillotine. Could be his death scene, maybe not. Maybe if we're going into psychological horror, even if he dies there that might not be the last we see of him. We also see a quick flash of the lady cop that comes with him in the sewers later in.

On the psychological side of things, a few dropper hints here. Firstly we see Sebastian walking towards a farmhouse in a field of sunflower fields. But later in the trailer we see a family portrait of a parents and two children, The son's face is ripped out be he sort of looks like Sebastian, and the sister's face is shadowed in a way that looks devious and evil. We also see Sebastian in an electric chair.

We see a scene of doctor cutting open a body for some reason. and there's a nod to Resident Evil 1 as he turns. Notable is that Sebastian is with another doctor at the time who looks onward at the crazy doctor with him. Later we see Sebastian at the body as opposed to the doctor and opening him up with a knife, but the body comes alive as he cuts it.

There's an odd scene of Boxman banging his boxhead with his hammer rapidly.

And then of course psychic cloak guy, we see him in the opening attacking Sebastian, and later on we see him again in a church levitating him somehow.

Blackage

This games seems to have it all, even a Wesker-like super powered dude teleporting around and grabbing people by the throat! I hope his voice is as awesome. :0

Piers

Sticks too boringly to horror cliches imo - granted, people do enjoy just that.
But I've been scared most recently from Creepers in Minecraft and, say, Giant's Tomb from Dark Souls 2 — neither had the intention of being survival horror. (Though the latter does unintentionally fit the bill in some places.)

Thunder and dilapidated, rusty houses just make my eyes roll these days.

Top Bottom