• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first disc/download going into your PS4/Xbox One this holiday

Kalm

X1: Killer Instinct -- assuming there will be day 1 shipping on the fightstick. Crimson Dragon otherwise.

PS4: Resogun.

Ritual: Clean shave --> Disable cell and doorbell --> Beer.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
One: KI

PS4: COD or BF4. PS4 friends are a bunch of Dudebro's

PureGone

Banned
DriveClub, I'm not buying a game with my PS4. So it's going to be the free DriveClub game I get and resogun + warframe and all the other f2p titles.

Killzone: ShadowFall, the multiplayer footage convinced me this is a true nextgen game, the first game making that jump palpable. (also getting Knack and BF4)

Killzone because it's the only one I'm going to be picking up with the console, everything else will be shipped here. Also dem next gen graphics.

Theoretically, if someone forced me to get a launch PS4 or Xbone...

PS4: Probably Watch Dogs: I'm a sucker for open world games, and I'm probably ready for more Assassin's Creed-like stuff after taking such a long break from it. Later in the night I'd pop in Killzone. Those are also the only two launch games I have interest in. In reality, Final Fantasy 15 or Infamous Second Son will be the first game in my PS4, or possibly the new Stardust game (if they release a sequel for PS4).

Xbone: Just Dance. Looks like fun, and I've thought the Kinect was fun in stores I've tried it in. I'm such a hardcore gamer, lol. Or maybe I'd rent CoD to play through the campaign once (if day one rentals from Red Box were available). In reality, I might pick up a Xbone after several price drops on a Black friday deal for Kinect games. Cause I've never had a Kinect, but found it pretty nifty in the store.

And for the Wii U: If I grab a Wii U, the first thing I'd probably play is Earthbound or the demo for The Wonderful 101. Still mad my brother sold my copy of Earthbound behind my back :( (he paid me the money he made when I found out, but would prefer to still have the game).

In the meantime: I'll be being boring on my PS3, PC, 3DS and Vita. I'm excited for next-gen multiplats on my PC though!

Dougald

Knack, or Watch Dogs if the PC release is ridiculously delayed (might just get it on ps4 anyway having dealt with Ubisofts "wonderful" PC port of Splinter Cell Blacklist)

93xfan

Banned
Battlefield 4 or Killzone.

While the latter will be fun, the only reason I'd make it my first experience would be so I could start the gen with some shockingly good visual eye candy.

p0wdyqd.png

vader.jpg

I'm getting killzone and watch dogs day 1 but I think killzone will be going in 1st. Excluding patch, my 1st digital download will be war frame.

Yes I have a ritual. Prepare my room the night before. Prepare where the ps4 will go. Have a bit of fun. Sleep late and set alarm to get up early.

When the ps4 does come, might read the manual, look at the menu maybe add people then game. Test out the features like remote download and all that

Sojgat

Definitely Killzone for PS4. After seeing that MP footage my hype level for that game has gone from mild disinterest to most anticipated game of the year.

Really depends when Xbox One launches what I'll play first on that.

Will be going download for all online MP focused games, especially shooters. Always want those things a button press away in the future.

I think I will probably be playing with a lot of you guys here at GAF like maybe 5% of the people on my XBL friends list are getting an Xbox One and even then they are switching to PS4. Going to be a very weird transitional period.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Funny since it will out sell everything this holiday for sure.

Eh. Probably not on next-gen though. I imagine the average COD player is happy to keep playing it on their 360/PS3 since it's one of the few games they buy for it.

also I'd bet GTA V outsells it.

Yazuka

Knack will be the first game I play. No rituals or anyfhjng, just gonna get familiarized with the PS4 and then it off to play Knack.

Eh. Probably not on next-gen though. I imagine the average COD player is happy to keep playing it on their 360/PS3 since it's one of the few games they buy for it.

also I'd bet GTA V outsells it.

How well did GTA 4 sell? I would be shocked if it out sells a CoD game.

Top Bottom