• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first disc/download going into your PS4/Xbox One this holiday

SenkiDala

Killzone for a few hours, then some Watch Dogs and then BF4!

After that I'll download ResoGun and Drive Club + on the PSN.

Boring that I need to wait the 29th November for this. :(

Ahh I misread and thought this was about our first digital download.

First digital download will be DriveClub, but first game overall will be sweet sweet Killzone: Shadow Fall action.

Sorral

Already pre-ordered: Killzone:SF

I might pickup a second game day one: BF4, Knack or Watch Dogs.

For digital downloads: Just about all of the F2P games and probably Hohokum(I blame Conan, he sold me on it).

Then, there are the PS+ games: DriveClub and ResoGun (if I remember right, this is a day 1 free game).

....So many games already.

bebop242

Preordered Battlefield 4 bundle which I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the game. Wish I went with Killzone or Knack. Resogun might be the first one then.

coughlanio

I only have the console preordered and I'm already 100% digital only across all media.

It'll probably just be Driveclub and ResoGun and I'll try out a couple of the launch games once I'm done with those.

ToyBroker

Banned
Killzone/Watch Dogs either or can't decide. Then after those 2 BF4.

As long as there is a buy 2 get 1 or get 1 half off type deal like I'm expecting.

aganu

ibkLh2II7UZlqe.gif

(The first next-gen-console shot ever revealed deserves to be played first)
That gif defined the start of next-gen for me. The moment I saw it I said "next gen is here." I think Sunhi made it, kudos.

Shinjiru

PS4 retail:

I plan on checking out Knack first. Then Killzone and then Watch Dogs.

PS4 digital:

Resogun for sure. Maybe Contrast too.

Symphonia

Banned
It'll be a toss-up between Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Watch Dogs on PS4.

Oh, and GTA V, too. We all know it's happening.

That's a lot of launch titles.

Whatever is the most visually impressive will be the one I'll be interested in, at first. Let me get that out of my system and then I'll focus on gameplay.

Killzone Shadowfall for me.

Danny 117

Battlefield 4 on Xbox One. Never had the money to have a gaming PC so it will be glorious to play Battlefield in 60FPS with 64 players. That will be my 'next gen' moment for sure.

Resogun or Driveclub from PS+

Haven't ordered any disc based games yet, I want to see how prices are going to compare on PSN and if it's favourable I'm going Digital.

As it is now £59.99 on PSN compared to £35 is not the way to win me over.

farisr

Honestly can't predict it. Too many games coming out at launch to choose from, will entirely depend on my mood and other conditions like:

Are my friends over and is my brother there?

If that's the case, then that decreases the chances of the first game being a single player one, unless of course they want to see a demo of what the system can do (in which case it'll probably be Killzone)

I will say this, even though it is a local multiplayer game, even if 10 friends are over (and want to play), no way in hell is COD going to be the first game I put into the PS4.

DrZeus

PS4 demo disc! Can't wait to see the T-Rex in 4k!

Probably Knack since it was the first nextgen game shown.

Hm... very good question.

I'm thinking whatever game is the most impressive looking that I end up buying. I'm going to make myself wait until Christmas to play with my new toy so I should know what that is by then.

Knack, AC4, Watch Dogs and Resogun will probably be the contenders.

Killzone probably because that`s the bundle I've choose. But now that my 670 went to shit maybe I'll pick up other games that I would buy for PC (BF4 and Watch Dogs).

tensuke

First disc going in is Watchdogs, because I got that bundle. Even though my net speeds suck, I can't see getting too many disc-based games. Unless they came with actual manuals again...First download will probably be Driveclub PS+ edition, since it's free. First purchase will probably be Killzone Shadowfall, very soon after. Can't wait.

JP

I'll get the Plus content downloading straight away and I wouldn't be surprised to see myself buying quite a few of the smaller/indie type games straight away. Also there will be the free to play stuff to download.

While I'm waiting fir those I'll be trying the disc based stuff with either Killzone, Battlefield, Watch Dogs or Assassin's Creed a go. Still not sure which of the disc based games I'll be buying for launch yet.

It'll be Killzone: Shadow Fall for me. Gonna get all the multiplat games on PC.

Hopefully BF4 has better controller support on PC than 3 did.

Killzone: Shadow Fall on the PS4.

Ryse on the One

Both games seem to be technical showpieces so they should be a nice first taste of the systems. Most looking forward to Dead Rising 3 and Crimson Dragon though in terms of launch titles.

It would be driveclub because that's what im most curious about - but since I'm downloading it and killzone... it will probably be BF4 since that should be on a disc arriving with my unit.

But... I will be playing it for the first time with remote play - again because of curiosity.

Beck

Killzone: Shadow Fall for the PS4.

I'm unfortunately not getting an Xbox 360 One this November. If I was, it would be Dead Rising 3.

Top Bottom