• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

lol wut im pissed at that end to the race, vettel was pushing and was withing 2.6 second to hamilton.

a podium was within grasp.

Ever heard of being gracious in defeat? RBR don't have a God-given right to success, and Vettel wasn't guaranteed a podium. 2.6s is a lot, and Webber was catching too.

Stop your fucking crying and enjoy what was a good race overall.

Shaneus

Heh I switched Sky off soon as the race finished. I'll be waiting for the BBCs post race show later :)
I was more talking about the post-race *interviews*. Should've been broadcast by default.

WAIT, Domenicali? WANT TO HEAR MOAR PEREZ. Stupid Sky (watching the stream too).

Goldrusher

So early again in 3 weeks?

Oh lord.
Last time until Japan & Korea.

18/03 ..... 7 am ..... Australian GP Melbourne
25/03 ... 10 am ..... Petronas Malaysian GP Kuala Lumpur

15/04 ..... 9 am ..... UBS Chinese GP Shanghai
22/04 ..... 2 pm ..... Gulf Air Bahrain GP Sakhir
13/05 ..... 2 pm ..... GP de España Santander Catalunya
27/05 ..... 2 pm ..... GP de Monaco Monte Carlo
10/06 ..... 8 pm ..... GP du Canada Montréal
24/06 ..... 2 pm ..... GP of Europe Valencia
08/07 ..... 2 pm ..... Santander British GP Silverstone
22/07 ..... 2 pm ..... GP Santander von Deutschland Hockenheim
29/07 ..... 2 pm ..... ENI Magyar Nagydíj Budapest
02/09 ..... 2 pm ..... Shell Belgian GP Spa-Francorchamps
09/09 ..... 2 pm ..... GP Santander d'Italia Monza
23/09 ..... 2 pm ..... Singtel Singapore GP Singapore
07/10 ..... 8 am ..... Japanese GP Suzuka
14/10 ..... 8 am ..... Korean GP Yeongam
28/10 .. 10.30 am .. Airtel Indian GP New Delhi
04/11 ..... 2 pm ..... Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi GP Yas Marina
18/11 ..... 8 pm ..... United States GP Austin
25/11 ..... 5 pm ..... Grande Prêmio do Brasil São Paulo

Shaneus

Nando's "It changes nothing" like was fucking boss. Love the dude.

Williams look like they paid off in F1RM, but poor Pasta :*(

fuenf

Yeah did he really call HRT / Indian driver a "Gurke" or did i miss hear that?

Just confirmed it (well at least according to twitter). To explain: Gurke = cucumber / pickle, in German it can be used in an derogatory context to describe someone as useless, unskilled etc.

Shaneus

Mark <3

Happy as a pig in shit, guessing it's to do with Vettel's finish :D

Edit: SHOW PETROV IN BACKGROUND YOU CUNTS

Edit 2: FI chick will do.

Great race. Even though I really don't like Alonso I had to admit that he is very good driver. Pretty much same way as Schumacher. Don't like the guy and his shady tactics but good driver. Also fastest lap to Kimi lol. Only Prost and Schumacher are ahead of Kimi in terms of fastest laps. He could still catch Prost. Too bad that they don't give points from fastest laps. =P

untitled-26agy7m.gif

Alonso's move on Perez, don't think it was broadcast live

Berto

Good race, pitty about Perez, he should have won this, he had the faster car. That extra lap in the final stop was a bad decision.

Sheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
That SHOT with Kimi's Lotus with open DRS and water streaming from the rear wing, awesome.

Get me that shot and you'll be my hero :)

Fastest lap by Kimi.

DUUHHH!! he's just like.. the fastest man..like.. ever!

*chews gum so hard like a teenage girl*

untitled-23y2b69.gif

Magico indeed

Ferrari didn't want to change the sign board so they decided to give Sauber a reminder of what's powering his cars :)

That, or the threatened to enforce Massa on his team

Webber > Vettel
. Will he be #1 driver in RBR this year? Clearly better in both races so far.

I agree.

No no, I saw Ferrari clearing the check right in time.

Really?! Is it time for this shit again? Stupid Ferrari conspiracies?

ah shutup, it was sooooo clear. who here actually even thought that he would be allowed to take that win from Alonso?

Sunhil, just after that, Perez signed to Alonso "you owe me one" .. would really appreciate it if you could .GIF it :D

Kimi interviews make me so tired.

what happened?

John_B

Hamilton seemed pleased with third, probably because everyone he considers a threat to the championship had shit races.

TCRS

Banned
Oh next race is live on BBC, thank god.

lol exactly. this sky/bbc arrangement is stupid. I want bbc only with last years crew. That was the best F1 programme I have ever seen. And you could watch the race on I player.

Alonso woohoo!!

Ark

To play devils advocate I honestly wouldn't be surprised at inter-team orders here. Ferrari desperately needed a win to shut the media up and Sauber were more than happy with second, it also makes replacing Massa with Perez mid-season a more respectable decision now that Alonso almost lapped Massa and Perez finished 2nd in a mid-field car.

Hamilton can only be pleased with third, the top two were just way out of his league today once the track dried up. Karthikeyan is still a massive waste of space, ruined Vettel & Button's races today.

Sure, sure. And Ferrari bought Kimi the title.

What did he say? I turned off Sky.

EDIT:

For the second time this season, all my F1RM bets are fucking wrong. I didn't think Perez would score more than one point &#3232;_&#3232;

Deadman

If it was inter team orders they would say "fuel critical, extreme fuel saving mode" instead of having perez slide off and be about 10 feet away from sticking it in the gravel.

Sure, sure. And Ferrari bought Kimi the title.

Atleast he deserved it, even if they did. Not like Nando's win :p ..

jokes aside. The race was a blast. Amazing drive from the top guys and that Ferrari looks fierce, I hope that it was a heccup. I wana be able to make fun of them for a bit longer

Holy shit, Whitmarsh stirs some shit up with that Massa comment. That was just fantastic! :lol

What's happening I'm not watching anymore :(

Nolan.

To play devils advocate I honestly wouldn't be surprised at inter-team orders here. Ferrari desperately needed a win to shut the media up and Sauber were more than happy with second, it also makes replacing Massa with Perez mid-season a more respectable decision now that Alonso almost lapped Massa and Perez finished 2nd in a mid-field car.

Hamilton can only be pleased with third, the top two were just way out of his league today once the track dried up. Karthikeyan is still a massive waste of space, ruined Vettel & Button's races today.

What did he say? I turned off Sky.

EDIT:

For the second time this season, all my F1RM bets are fucking wrong. I didn't think Perez would score more than one point &#3232;_&#3232;

Button and Vettle ruined their own races.

If it was inter team orders they would say "fuel critical, extreme fuel saving mode" instead of having perez slide off and be about 10 feet away from sticking it in the gravel.

To be frank, they actually told him "we need this position" .. you don't have to be an astronaut to understand what that means

Deadman

To be frank, they actually told him "we need this position" .. you don't have to be an astronaut to understand what that means

Yeah thats true, though he seemed to be still going for it after the message. Pushed like crazy after he went off too when he didnt need to, risking those points. I think that message was just sauber panicking.

Ark

Button and Vettle ruined their own races.

You know full well that wouldn't have happened if Karthikeyan got out the way properly for Vettel and if the HRT wasn't so crap and didn't have to brake so much easily than the McLaren.

Say what you want, I've been supporting the lower teams since they joined, but Karthikeyan is just dead meat. There's a reason he hasn't been in F1 since his first and only year with Jordan in 2004.

untitled-27aebb2.gif

Ferrari need someone like Perez instead of Massa. Alonso is the only one scoring points for them. They might not even end up third in the constructors championship.

Shaneus

You know full well that wouldn't have happened if Karthikeyan got out the way properly for Vettel and if the HRT wasn't so crap and didn't have to brake so much easily than the McLaren.

Say what you want, I've been supporting the lower teams since they joined, but Karthikeyan is just dead meat. There's a reason he hasn't been in F1 since his first and only year with Jordan in 2004.
He's dead meat maybe, but both Button and Vettel are experienced enough that they should've known how to handle him. Or maybe Vettel just can't overtake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom