• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

I can. It's pretty much set up to happen, especially with how weak Ferrari are (and I can't see Lotus and Mercedes keeping pace over the whole season).

yeah no this will be like 2010 i wish. With 3 teams battling it out for the championship.

instead of ferrari it will be mercedes fighting the bull and silver bullet.

Dilly

Banned
i dont think so, it was because of driver error they failed to make the podium or near the podium last race.

i really think they can be fighting for podiums and wins.

Ferrari made podiums last year, that doesn't make it a 3 horse race for the title.

Challenging for the title is something different than keeping up with the front runners.

Omiee

Ferrari made podiums last year, that doesn't make it a 3 horse race for the title.

Challenging for the title is something different than keeping up with the front runners.

i still dont think ferrari will be challenging for the title this year. Mercedes might though.

I still think it will either be mclaren or red bull this year.

weird thing is the champions the last few years were always renault or mercedes powered teams.

Dilly

Banned
i still dont think ferrari will be challenging for the title this year. Mercedes might though.

I still think it will either be mclaren or red bull this year.

weird thing is the champions the last few years were always renault or mercedes powered teams.

No

I meant that Ferrari also was able to get a podium here and there last year, but that didn't make them title contentders. It's going to be exactly the same with Mercedes this year.

mclaren777

The ducting (if it's real) has to be below/beneath that carbon plate, right?

ijpDtSs03i68I.jpg

h3ro

The problem arose after Raikkonen went off the track during the Australian Grand Prix, where his radiator was filled with grass clippings, thus overheating the gearbox during the race.

A post-race analysis showed the gearbox's bearing cage had started to fail and so the team has been forced to replace it as it was unsure it would last another race distance.

:/ Better than him flatspotting a tire and having the suspension explode in his face, I guess. (no I'm not bitter. at all.)

I still think he can put together a great result this weekend, that Lotus looks like it's in a battle with Merc for third best car on the grid. Feels like the Merc is ahead on pure single lap pace, but seems tough on it's rears. Excited for quali though!

:/

*Downs a glass of Glenlavet 18*

Jerk on suicide watch. All going wrong for Kimi so far.
Poor kimi :(
It hasn't gone well for him so far

so far? its been like this for the past 12 seasons, bar 2..

Please be a wet start. Please be a wet start.

;)

Jerk, what are we defining as a wet start? On inters/wet tyres?

It will be wet and he'll win it..

You said if its a wet race all the way through :) ..

EDIT: once any driver puts on slicks deal is off? sounds fair right?

S. L.

:/

*Downs a glass of Glenlavet 18*

so far? its been like this for the past 12 seasons, bar 2..

It will be wet and he'll win it..

You said if its a wet race all the way through :) ..

googling for Glenlavet only brings up results on gaf from you. quite the exclusive malt you got there :p

Oh you meant if it's the wet the entire race? Fair enough, I thought you meant if the race started wet.

However, that's still candy from a baby. :p

Don't stop raining then Malaysia! Can't wait to see Kimi hit the wall and cry because he's not Webber.

googling for Glenlavet only brings up results on gaf from you. quite the exclusive malt you got there :p

its quite nice, you should try it. It's my fav drink for so many years now. It really knows its way to my head :p
btw I always misspell it. its Glenlivet

Oh you meant if it's the wet the entire race? Fair enough, I thought you meant if the race started wet.

However, that's still candy from a baby. :p

Don't stop raining then Malaysia! Can't wait to see Kimi hit the wall and cry because he's not Webber.

I'm too arsed to dig out you reply, but as long as we agree :) .

I don't know why are you bothering! I'm gonna win this bet

*pops out The Secret*

Adamm

Bit of topic, bit has anyone mention the new fad fir dental braces in f1?
Makdanadi had them last year and hulkenburg & ricciardo have them this year. What's going on?

Hopefully Horner gets them too.

Yoritomo

f1racemanager is tricky for the next race with rain.
i fear all the rookie drivers will crash :p

I'm going for as many williams as possible. I think they're vastly undervalued in F1racemanager. They might not make points but if they're faster than Force India and STR then a rapid climb in their value is a good move for later purchases of top teams and drivers.

Or they could crash out every race and I'd be screwed.

S. L.

I'm going for as many williams as possible. I think they're vastly undervalued in F1racemanager. They might not make points but if they're faster than Force India and STR then a rapid climb in their value is a good move for later purchases of top teams and drivers.

Or they could crash out every race and I'd be screwed.

yeah it seems like a logical move, but i'm super worried both will crash out on sunday :p

Yup. Still can't get sponsors, either... that's gotta say something.

Wouldn't mind seeing the US have another shot at entering a team, but I'm not sure the interest is there given what happened with US F1. Although, with Austin coming up...

I'd love one, too, but I just don't think the logistics are there.

The two best independent open wheel teams are Ganassi (has his hands full with IndyCar, NASCAR and endurance racing right now) and Penske (been there, done that, decided to stick with IndyCar). Manufacturer wise, you have Ford (former owners who backed out and sold the team that eventually became Red Bull), General Motors (no interest, apparently) and Chrysler (another Fiat team on the grid? Probably not).

I'm just not sure where we'd get a team from and who'd support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom