• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

I'll let the picture speak on its own.
iWT8fzj.jpg

Sebastian Bieber.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It's interesting to see Lotus and Toro Rosso with those massive air boxes. Can't remember any F1 car in recent history featuring similar ones.

Tobe

always had this question about the noses, did they lower the noses just for safety reason or doe it have an aero benefit?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
what is that

looks like they went with Mercedes style nose and similar sized sidepods and aggressive undercut

Mastah

Challenge accepted :D

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1 5m5 minutes ago

My mission tonight, draw the Red Bull and show the detail hidden by the livery

Jenson Button ‏@JensonButton 4m4 minutes ago

Morning from rather chilly but sunny Jerez.. First day of winter testing today, don't expect too much from us this test as it'll be mostly.. Systems checks. She's a beauty the MP4-30! 👍 #rememberlastwinter #Longroad #massivepotential

:(

Zeknurn

Quick red flag.

Ericsson was the only car on track but he made it back on his own.

10:03
It appears Ericsson may have had a spin at Turn One, hence the brief red-flag stoppage. In any case, we now have no cars out on circuit. Indeed, we have yet to see three cars at all this morning - the Lotus E23, Williams FW37 and, of course, the McLaren MP4-30.

Mastah

Ted Kravitz ‏@tedkravitz 33s33 seconds ago Jerez de la Frontera, Andalucía

McLaren engineer-watch: Andrea Stella will be Alonso's race engineer this season but is not in Jerez pending release from Ferrari contract.

I hope so.

I'd be quite happy if Red Bull ended up racing that livery. It might not be colourful, but it's at least striking.

Also interesting to note that it appears that they've fully mounted their nose camera pods on the side of the nose, as opposed to the top.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
And Roseberg set that time at the beginning of 10 lap stint... so they could easily go much faster if they wanted.

Looks like they are doing 5-10 lap stints and comparing them to simulator data.

Lap count after 2 hours:

Rosberg (Mercedes) 26
Ricciardo (Red Bull) 16
Ericsson (Sauber) 15
Sainz (Toro Rosso) 14
Vettel (Ferrari) 9
Alonso (McLaren) 1

pootle

The nose on that Red Bull is hideous- somehow they have managed to combine last year's Ferrari hoover snout with this year's Williams mini-dicknose.

1422779785.jpg

Mastah

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 49s50 seconds ago

Jonathan Neale has confirmed that ex-Ferrari engineer Andrea Stella hasn't started at @McLarenF1, yet but he's on his way

Good, good.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
A lot of smoke from behind RBR when RIC completed last stint

Sauber making some nice mileage today

WIL will be out in 20 minutes

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It's unbelievable that in 2015 there is no live video footage from the tests available as pay-on-demand Internet stream.

You want to give them money, but they won't take it.

Jezbollah

It's unbelievable that in 2015 there is no live video footage from the tests available as pay-on-demand Internet stream.

You want to give them money, but they won't take it.

Meanwhie in MotoGP they did three days of live streaming coverage of the post-season tests on Bt Sport. Bernie missing a trick, here.

Top Bottom