• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

NHale

Portuguese press is saying De La Rosa has been put on gardening leave. Stopped working on the simulator last week and is not in Japan this week like it was scheduled.

I can't see it personally. Fernando is unlikely to come cheap.
Fernando would be a lot rougher with Nico than Lewis is. That man is better and more ruthless at mind games than Hamilton or pretty much anyone else on the grid.
Also, Vettel at Ferrari is titillating as fuck.

I think Vettel is a perfect fit for this restructuring Ferrari. The old one, probably not so much. He's going to need a solid engineering staff, but I think they provide that.

Red Bull's probability of success going forward is still somewhat in doubt, imo. They've lost the greatest designer ever, and the Renault's PU is not what it needs to be. These things won't be easy to overcome. Their spot near the top could easily be taken by one of these teams that have been/will be slogging away at retooling their organisation (MCL, FER, WIl).

DBT85

Fernando would be a lot rougher with Nico than Lewis is. That man is better and more ruthless at mind games than Hamilton or pretty much anyone else on the grid.
Also, Vettel at Ferrari is titillating as fuck.

Indeed, Vettel in a mid table team will be fun ;-) lol

I see you adopted the Ferrari mantra quickly "Next year is the year". But what will happen if Bianchi destroys Kimi like Alonso did this year

Then I'll have another excuse ready. We'll never runout of excuses for Kimi

Look, we all love Kimi, he's just not that good.

Of course not, he's simply better than good. You can't compare him to mono-brow

Portuguese press is saying De La Rosa has been put on gardening leave. Stopped working on the simulator last week and is not in Japan this week like it was scheduled.

DAAAMN.. serious cleaning going on at Ferrari!! It's almost like a vendetta!

Fantomex

Good riddance.. I had a bet here that he'll stay at Ferrari

But I really hope that he doesn't.. For his sake he better move, Kimi is gonna destroy him next year

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Ryne

News moves fast in this F1 world. I hope Hamilton stays at Mercedes as that is an entertaining team ATM.

I also hope Ferrari actually gets a decent car this go around for Vettel. My speculation is that Vettel wouldn't have left* if Newey was still around.

malyce

What if Vettel never wins another race for the rest of his F1 career? That thought seems pretty far fetched no?

Red Bull is gonna remain competitive for the next 2-3 at least. It's not like Newey left them high and dry. I think next year will be a 2-Way fight between Merc and RBR with Merc starting off the season with a smaller advantage in hand than this year, with RBR closing gap to where the cars are just about even towards the end(maybe summer break?) of the season. McLaren should have a race winning car by 2016 and then it will be a 3-Way dog fight between Ham/Alonso/Ric. I think Williams is gonna regress next year, due to no fault of theirs really, just that RBR, FER, and MCL are gonna be on their game compared to this year. So there'll be less fuck ups to capitalize on. As for Seb, his best years are behind him. He had an incredible run, no one can deny that, but I think the next few years of F1 are gonna be extremely competitive. There are no more sub-par teammates and incompetent teams for him to dominate.

Merc would also be stupid to let HAM go if McLaren snatches up Alonso for a lengthy contract. I wouldn't put money on Nico in a brawl with Alonso/Ric.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I really thought this was a BBC weekend.

Nah, although it is a classic race, viewing numbers for live will be too low at that time in the morning, so they'll save their live races

Edit: oh you're right, 6am for the live race, with a full rerun later

Ark

Not going to bother getting up so early for qualy. Will catch it after I wake up, I'll be up and live for the race on Sunday though.

DBT85

IIRC the arrangement for picking races to broadcast hasn't changed. The BBC gets first pick of 3 races to show live, then Sky get 3 to show exclusively, and so on. I'm not sure if they drop that to 2 or something at the end or what.

So the BBC might have Suzuka because they picked it in the draft early or because it was still dangling around to be chosen later on.

EDIT: I've only just looked at the times from P1 and P2. Holy shit. Closest time anyone got to Mercedes was a 1:36 from Alonso in P1, still 1s slower than Hamiltons 1:35 in P2.

Quali is going to be messy.

Xun

Not going to bother getting up so early for qualy. Will catch it after I wake up, I'll be up and live for the race on Sunday though.
I'm not going to bother watching either early.

I like my sleep on a weekend. :(

Ruruja

Yeah I'm in the same boat, it's in the terrible position of being too late for me to stay up and watch and too early for me to get up and watch - but I'll make an exception for the race.

dakun

wow i didn't think that this would happen THIS soon.

Apparently it was also announced that Kvyat is racing alongside Ricciardo next year. Meaning a Ferrari move from Vettel would mean Alonso going to McLaren.

Quiet exciting so see so many moves for next year. I guess only Mercedes will keep their current line up.

jambo

BOOM

http://www.infiniti-redbullracing.com/article/new-team-driver-line-2015

Statement from The Team.

Sebastian Vettel has advised us that he will be leaving Infiniti Red Bull Racing at the end of the 2014 season.

We want to warmly thank Sebastian for the incredible role he has played at Infiniti Red Bull Racing for the last six years.

Since joining the team in 2009, Sebastian, together with Infiniti Red Bull Racing, has scored 38 wins, 44 poles and eight World Championships, including four Drivers' titles and four Constructors'. If you include Sebastian's success at Red Bull's second team, Scuderia Toro Rosso, the Red Bull total increases to 39 wins and 45 poles.

As we wish Sebastian well in the next stage of his career, we also look to the future with excitement, as the vacancy makes way for the next generation of Red Bull racers.

The Red Bull Junior Programme has developed some proven talents in recent times, including Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo, who has excelled in the RB10 and become a three-time Formula One race winner in his first season with the team.

We're pleased to announce that Daniel will be joined in the team for 2015 by another rising star from the Junior Programme, Daniil Kvyat.

Ends

Goldrusher

Vettel statement:

http://www.sebastianvettel.de/index...ded-to-leave-red-bull-at-the-end-of-this-year

I have decided to leave Red Bull at the end of this year.

After 15 very enjoyable and successful years with Red Bull, I have decided to leave Red Bull at the end of this year.

Of course it is a big step and hard to make such a decision. The chance to drive in F1, the first win with Scuderia Toro Rosso, the four Championship wins with Infiniti Red Bull Racing and many other great memories have bound Red Bull and myself together into a kind of family. No one can take these times away from us.

Now I have decided to take the next step in my career but first I would like to express once again big thanks to Dietrich Mateschitz, Dr Helmut Marko, Christian Horner, the whole Red Bull Family, Infiniti Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso. I would like to thank everybody within Red Bull for their confidence in me, trust and great support over the last years.

About my future plans, there will be an announcement very soon.

markao

Fernando no believing in a winning prancing horse
Sebas pulling a Fernando...my teammate is to quick I'm not going to win if I stay
McLaren desperate enough to forget what happened few year back

Good for Kvyat and if he delivers Red Bull, Sainz to fill free spot?

dakun

who else thinks it's really weak from Red Bull to only give Torro Rosso drivers a chance at getting a Red Bull cockpit?? IMO there are way better alternatives to Kvyat who'd be willing to go to Red Bull.

IMO this is the beginning of the end for Red Bull going forward in terms of being Championship contenders.

markao

who else thinks it's really weak from Red Bull to only give Torro Rosso drivers a chance at getting a Red Bull cockpit?? IMO there are way better alternatives to Kvyat who'd be willing to go to Red Bull.

IMO this is the beginning of the end for Red Bull going forward in terms of being Championship contenders.
Why,

look at the last few that filled that free seat, Vettel and Riciardo. Danill showed more or less the same that Daniel showed at Torro Rosso, maybe to inexpedienced, but RBR always like a 1-2 driver system, time for him to improve or be replaced (Max)

dakun

Why,

look at the last few that filled that free seat, Vettel and Riciardo. Danill showed more or less the same that Daniel showed at Torro Rosso, maybe to inexpedience, but RBR always like a 1-2 driver system.

Danill would be fine showing he's worth it for a year or two more in a Torro Rosso..

Makes me upset that there are guys like Hulkenberg and Bottas getting shafted year after year while other drivers get a free pass to a Championship winning cockpit

jey_16

Banned
Wow....can't believe this is actually happening. All makes sense now as to Alonso leaving since Ferrari were pushing for Vettel

markao

Danill would be fine showing his worth it for a year or two more in a Torro Rosso..

Makes me upset that there are guys like Hulkenberg and Bottas getting shafted year after year while other drivers get a free pass to a Championship winning cockpit
Don't think Hulk is a better choice, brilliant one moment average the next race and Bottas is tied to Williams for an other year, rate him more than Hulk.

Red Bull picks those drivers up early and gets to work with them for a lot longer than just their F1 time. Those drivers also commit themselves to Red Bull, so it is logical from RBR to look to there own "driver team" first and if they believe someone is good enough, then why not.

Massa

Vettel is going to Ferrari according to Christian Horner (from Adam Cooper's twitter).

Alonso made a bad move imo.

Shit. The whole thing is like a dream!!!

I'd take a shot at saying vettel to McLaren and Alonso to redbull

You heard it here first..

Top Bottom