• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT2| Louder Than Formula E

Having just four cars eliminated in Q1 and Q2 has removed a bit of excitement, hasn't it?

I didn't think there would be much difference but this feels a bit boring.

Yeah. Given that this is a qualifying session at the sharp end of a pretty dramatic championship, it's just not giving me that buzz.

There's nothing to get excited about, after Spa Rosberg has shit the bed, but maybe it's all part of the master plan? I'm still expecting a Hammy DNF and Rosberg win in Abu Dhabi for that manufactured drama.

The German brass in Stuttgart want Rosberg to win the championship, so it will happen. Hammy will meltdown and Alonso will get his dream Mercedes drive.

Book it!

itsgreen

Nicola Pohl @NicolaBILD
News from @SauberF1Team ! They should've decided for @GvanderGarde & @Ericsson_Marcus as driver pairing for 2015! No confirmation yet

DBT85

I wonder how much they think about setting that kind of time to unsettle the other guy. Lewis was a second faster than Nico in Q1 when he had absolutely no need to run again.

I do wonder sometimes why they bother.

Though as you say, They start the race on these tyres, so going THAT fast seems a bit wasteful. TBH they could both turn it right down for Q2.

Chris R

Does NBC have a filter on the footage? Honestly looks like the footage is being filmed at 20fps or something, very "slow"

TCRS

Banned
Hulkenbergs visor thingy got stuck on his tyre in one corner and he lost 0.2 s there, that's why he is on P13.

DieH@rd

Banned
I wonder how much they think about setting that kind of time to unsettle the other guy. Lewis was a second faster than Nico in Q1 when he had absolutely no need to run again.

I do wonder sometimes why they bother.

Maybe he was not satisfied with first tire run in Q2, so he drove again so that he could race with better tires.

RoKKeR

Wow Nico fucking murdered that lap, amazing.

Nice 3/4 from Williams, could be interesting tomorrow if Mercedes gets hit with technical issues.

Wonder what Lewis was missing today. Nico still needs to bring it tomorrow.

And once again Alonso spanks Raikonnen. Ferrari are pathetic.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
That was flawless lap from Rosberg

Williams should have a very good race if they do not botch with strategy. They can pull from Ferrari in WCC on very safe distance tomorrow

What the hell, I expected this thread to have a lot more action.

Great job from Rosberg, though he messed up my predictions. Hopefully he's up for a fight in the race tomorrow.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hello friends. Forgot quali was actually in a decent time for me and only caught the interviews at the end. Will watch the race live for the first time in a very very long time tomorrow.

How's the season been in general? I know it's been primarily a two horse race, but it's great to see the emergence of Ricciardo. I see Bottas is 4th in the tables too which is awesome.

Which races should I watch? I've got Budapest, I think Canada as well? Was Spa good?

Cheers fellas, I miss the community.

Hello friends. Forgot quali was actually in a decent time for me and only caught the interviews at the end. Will watch the race live for the first time in a very very long time tomorrow.

How's the season been in general? I know it's been primarily a two horse race, but it's great to see the emergence of Ricciardo. I see Bottas is 4th in the tables too which is awesome.

Which races should I watch? I've got Budapest, I think Canada as well? Was Spa good?

Cheers fellas, I miss the community.

Spa was actually terrible, despite Ricciardo winning.

Best races this season:

- Bahrain
- Canada
- Germany
- Hungary
- Singapore

Zeknurn

@alanbaldwinf1: Select group of reporters (self included) had a long chat with Bernie here at the circuit this afternoon. #F1
@alanbaldwinf1: Lauda and Mattiacci joined us towards the end. No easy solutions apparent.
@alanbaldwinf1: Mr E clear on U.S. GP boycott threat, though: "Forget all that crap. I promise you they will be racing. I give you an absolute guarantee."

Sounds like a challenge to me.

Ark

3 car teams confirmt

also why is ericsson even getting a drive next year

money_PNG3545.png

cmr-94

Serious talks going down in austin tonight. Bernie admits some blame for inequal distribution of money. Also,

Ian Parkes ‏@ianparkesf1 27m27 minutes ago
Bernie claims he is hamstrung by regulations and contracts with the teams. If he had his way he would rip up all contracts and start again

Ark

Serious talks going down in austin tonight. Bernie admits some blame for inequal distribution of money. Also,

Bernie claims he is hamstrung by regulations and contracts with the teams. If he had his way he would rip up all contracts and start again

He's only saying that because it's become a public issue now.

Impressive from Rosberg. Hoping for a great battle between the two tomorrow with no reliability issues.

This season seems intent on not providing that ;__;

Dead Man

Isn't that fucking convenient for him. The contracts he negotiated are now stopping him. Fucking tosser.

Fastest quali time this year 3 tenths faster than last year. Yes, the tires were softer, but the downforce is significantly less and the cars are heavier.

One thing is for sure, the people bitching about how the new engines were "so slooow" were full of shit. These engines with last years downforce would easily blow last years times away.

Top Bottom