• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Great British Bake Off [BBC1]

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Sandi grew on me this episode :)

Sad to see Julia go, would've preferred to see Stacey out TBH after her pie disaster, she even left paper in it!

I really don’t like Stacey at all, some about her grates on me and she just seems like a try hard. I was also shocked she didn’t go after that failure of a pie, leaving the parchment in, shocking, didn’t even try to correct it.

I really don’t like Stacey at all, some about her grates on me and she just seems like a try hard. I was also shocked she didn’t go after that failure of a pie, leaving the parchment in, shocking, didn’t even try to correct it.

For me it's that she looks like she's on the verge of crying with every single bake, and constantly apologises for what she produces. Does my head right in.

fenners

That tells you just how poor Julia's pies were...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Julia wasn’t that bad overall. I think her cooking the pie in a tin may have done for her - a lot of that final challenge was about freestanding pies

Same. Her nervous, neurotic energy really weirds me out, but it hasn't bothered me quite is much in the past couple of episodes.

I really hope Yan can pull it together and have three consistent, high quality bakes and get Star Baker. I love her, she's such a dork.

Yado

Lol I feel the same way about her, I thought it was just me. I don't know why it bothers me, there have been more ambitious/arrogant bakers before her but there's just something about her that makes her unlikable.

wtf at that elimination. Does Stacey have to give one of the judges food poisoning to get kicked off?
As sad as I am to see Yan go, I'd say it was the right choice, all three things she produced this week were underbaked.
I think with Yan being so upbeat despite clearly having a rough week and Stacy being so dramatic, it just appeared that Stacy was doing so much worse.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I thought Kate might be off this week too, but I think it's because she reacted much more to her failures than Yan did. Every one of Yan's bakes went badly but she just soldiered on. Shame though, I liked her.

I think it's a good bet we're in for a Sophie, Steven and Liam final.

I'd be absolutely shocked if it isn't. They've been solid performers for the entire run of the show whereas the others have had spotty performances the last few weeks. It's kind of a shame the weather was as it was that week; if they weren't stuck to a production schedule (and they certainly were) they should have delayed Italian week until the conditions in the tent were less brutal and hostile to the food they were making (would have been fine for bread week, clearly wasn't so fine for Italian week).

Zalasta

I rooted for Yan from the start, but she really faded into mediocrity in the last few weeks, not surprised her time was up. It's really too bad when contestants you like just aren't excelling down the stretch, especially with the format of the show where they get to practice their signature bake and show stopper.

ScienceBro

Neo Member
How do you you all get the episodes to watch? I've seen the few seasons released in the US, but want to find them all! I'm happy to purchase them, but have found it to be region locked

Yado

26qVXmW.jpg

Worst possible outcome. Stacey winning Star Baker and Liam going home.

Cronen

Stacey got Star Baker? And Liam is out?

Whaaaaat.

Stacey should have been given the boot weeks ago, whereas Liam has improved vastly as the series went on. Bah.

Have to watch it, but neither outcome is that surprising. Liam was clearly capable of bombing a week, and Stacey was clearly capable of good bakes/flavors and vice-versa.

This season more than most, while I think having some of my favorite personalities, has had the most inconsistent bakers, all capable of amazing bakes, but also capable of just totally bombing a week.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Well on the positive side, Sandy won’t have to cry anymore - it’ll be Noel doing the loser next week, and then the final.

Sad to see Liam go. I thought his first and last rounds were good enough, and Kate just seemed pretty bad on those rounds..

Catvoca

Banned
Ugh, sick of Stacy and loved Liam. Honestly, the editing in the last two episodes has been really bad about making it seem like other bakers where worse then the people who got booted.

Zalasta

Liam always rubbed me the wrong way in his interviews, just seemed pompous and a bit flippant, not at all like Flora or Martha from earlier series. So while I don't care for Stacy either, I'm not too sad seeing him go.

Nothus

Ugh, sick of Stacy and loved Liam. Honestly, the editing in the last two episodes has been really bad about making it seem like other bakers where worse then the people who got booted.

The editing? Liam came last in the technical and then produced a piss poor show stopper.
I thought he would be in the final too but this show doesn't seem to factor in previous episode's performances when deciding who progresses each week, and this week Liam had a stinker.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Sad to see Liam go, had a great personality
A little shocked to see the stacy hate absolutely everywhere though

oti

Banned
Sad to see Liam go, had a great personality
A little shocked to see the stacy hate absolutely everywhere though

It bums me out, to be honest. I get she's a bit awkward but you can tell she's super excited to be there and maybe doesn't have the same self-esteem as other bakers. Every win for her makes me genuinely happy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The editing? Liam came last in the technical and then produced a piss poor show stopper.
I thought he would be in the final too but this show doesn't seem to factor in previous episode's performances when deciding who progresses each week, and this week Liam had a stinker.

Worse than four badly turned out square cakes stuck on top of each other with a badly piped liver bird and clock?

I'm heading over to the reset era forum, seems like a good place.

I was disappointed I couldn't post about the last episode when it aired, but I hope Sophie wins the final :)

Cyas on the other side if you guys make it over (I hope you do!).

I have thread posting access over on the new forum so I've got a new Bake Off thread up for the final :)

Search for bake off or check the etcetera section for the thread.

Top Bottom