• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

Anno

Anyone wanna try and sell me on Warhammer? How does it compare to the other Total War Games?

It's the base game with none of the DLC, so how much is one going to be missing out on by not playing the "complete" game.

I'm hesitant on just waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition for $15 instead.

The complete complete game is going be made over the course of the next 5-7 years or something with loads of DLC I'm sure. Probably best just to hop in for the base game if your interested and add to it what appeals to you. The current DLCs only really add more, but even the base amount is good for many hours of play.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wow, I kept this month's because I had a friend who wanted XCOM2 and I figured I'd gamble. Turns out almost every game on the list is something I wanted to take a look at.

Bulzeeb

man I forgot to subscribe this month, I wanted xcom and absu was on my whislist, well I already have total warhammer so I'll skip this month

btw if someone has an spare Abzu key to gift or trade with for some un used HB keys I have let me know

edit:

Thanks to Praxis for trading a key with me

RS4-

Loved the previous Total War games but couldn't really stick with them. Maybe just stay subbed and hopefully see some surprises.

This might seem like a stupid question but how does someone go about selling their extra keys on here? There's a few of the games I don't want/already have and would sell them to anyone interested

Anyone wanna try and sell me on Warhammer? How does it compare to the other Total War Games?

It's the base game with none of the DLC, so how much is one going to be missing out on by not playing the "complete" game.

I'm hesitant on just waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition for $15 instead.

The base game is already really meaty (it's gotten free DLC additions too). There's a good variety of different armies which play dramatically differently from each other. I can't speak to high level balance or anything, but it's just cool seeing all these wild fantasy units fighting each other. The campaigns also have some neat story stuff, and the basic structure is fairly streamlined (not so much micromanagement) while still giving you interesting choices. The AI has seen some large improvements from the previous games in the series. Game runs well, not any real issues with stability -- it's just an extremely solid release, all too rare for Total War games. It's like Shogun 2 combined with the larger side variety you get in the other Total War games.

Put simply there's lots of game there and it's of very high quality. I know it sucks to not get the 'complete' experience, but it's not like some games where it feels like tons of content was deliberately cut from the release version. It was a large initial release supported with lots of additional content. I also doubt a GOTY edition is coming anytime soon, but maybe I'm wrong...

(Only caveat is at release you got the Chaos army. That's probably not included with this bundle version, which is too bad because they have a wonderfully strange campaign. Worst case scenario you can wait for a sale and spend a few bucks on them.)

Hey I think this my first denuvo game.

Nvmw2Nb.png

nice.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Kind of an incredible bundle, really glad I jumped on it this month.

Only game I owned was Ryse, I was already wanting Steamworld, and I'm interested in everything else but Husk. (Which might be cool, I'll try it out.) And I used the $5 credit to pick up Little King's Story. Insane value.

I'll probably skip next month because I already own Total Warhammer (and it's an excellent game, highly recommended), but they really nailed February.

Steamworld Heist is really good. I got it at launch on 3DS, but I'll still be redeeming it on PC.

Wok

Does someone manage to download Hollow Knight? Both the torrent and the http link fail at some point during the download (not enough seed, or just http fail during download)?

qNdyr3M.png

Give me a Steam key, Humble. I'm fed up of crappy http servers or non-existent torrent seeders.

Burt

So, Hollow Knight could end up being really good. Feels great all around, although the jumping is probably a little too tight/controlled as it is.

Drek

Good month. XCOM 2 alone got my $12 but I was really considering Project Highrise during the holiday sales on Steam and while my wife has Steamworld Heist on her 3DS now I don't need to borrow it when I decide to give it a shot. If any of the others turn out decent it's all gravy.

And Total War: Warhammer for $12 is every bit as good as XCOM 2 at that price, so I've already put in for next month.

I already have ABZU on PS4 and found it to be an enjoyable experience, I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Journey.

Holy shit! I expected the rest of the games this month to be less than average since we got XCOM2. They freaking killed it! Insanely happy at what I got.

zulux21

hmmm I am torn on this month.
on one hand it has high value.
on the other hand I don't think I have interest in playing any of them.

oh well trade bait or sell them in a few weeks I guess.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Holy hell, this month is amazing.

Husk is literally a horror game that just released today I was SUPER excited for but hadn't bought yet. It was made by the people that made Kholat. Though it sounds like it has Day 1 bugs, but I'm sure they'll be patched out from the developers history, and the other games are great too.

Holy hell, this month is amazing.

Husk is literally a horror game that just released today I was SUPER excited for but hadn't bought yet. It was made by the people that made Kholat. Though it sounds like it has Day 1 bugs, but I'm sure they'll be patched out from the developers history, and the other games are great too.
How good is Kholat? Super promising look but it's just sitting in my library.

vaderise

It's so good to see many people bought and loved this bundle. People at HumbleBundle will sure get the feedback and future bundles can be similar with super positive feedback.

Miker

What's that about $5 credit? Anybody not using theirs mind buying me a copy of Little King's Story for $10?

EDIT: Never mind, google shows the $5 is for referring people?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
How good is Kholat? Super promising look but it's just sitting in my library.

It's a big love it/hate it deal. It's very pretty, but for one thing it's basically a walking sim... There's some puzzle element and some threats that can kill you, but it's mostly about exploring a very large Russian snowy mountain landscape inspired by the Dyatlov Pass Incident.

It's very different than most walking sims because:

A.) It's set in an open world that's pretty big.

B.) The game gives you a map, a compass, and coordinates, and the whole point of the game is to go across it's very large map and locate and trigger different events to reach the ending.

So basically it becomes like a mountain exploration game with horror themes. Some of the events are quite nice though, the main character is voiced by Sean Bean of Lord of the Rings fame, and a vocal song is done by Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn who was the person who did the vocal songs for the Silent Hill series.

But how much you enjoy it I think is linked to if you enjoy walking sims and don't mind one in an open ended large level with map/compass navigation. There were some monsters/traps, but they were rare and it was mostly about going to locations to experience events.

Husk has combat and gameplay and features a character who comes to a small town that was highly Silent Hill influenced. A bit busy to play it right now, and probably for the best as it sounds like they have bugs to iron out (Kholat did on release too though and they patched it out over time), so I'll wait for them to patch it out soon. but I buy many horror games on Day 1 and this one had me and some others excited (there was a GAF topic on it in the past), and very surprised to see it in this monthly. It literally released this morning.

v1lla21

Kept it because I wanted xcom 2, ended up getting Abzu which I've been meaning to get. Fucking sweet. Keeping it for one more month... Lol.

For what it's worth if anyone's down to use my referral code to get this month's stuff:

https://humble.com/monthly?refc=c8WZ9B
https://humble.com/monthly?refc=c8WZ9B

Anonymous third referrer, thank you! This turned into an unexpected surprise in this thread

Me whoring out my post helps, but I genuinely mean it when I say I appreciate it and thank you!
It's a big love it/hate it deal. It's very pretty, but for one thing it's basically a walking sim... There's some puzzle element and some threats that can kill you, but it's mostly about exploring a very large Russian snowy mountain landscape inspired by the Dyatlov Pass Incident.

It's very different than most walking sims because:

A.) It's set in an open world that's pretty big.

B.) The game gives you a map, a compass, and coordinates, and the whole point of the game is to go across it's very large map and locate and trigger different events to reach the ending.

So basically it becomes like a mountain exploration game with horror themes. Some of the events are quite nice though, the main character is voiced by Sean Bean of Lord of the Rings fame, and a vocal song is done by Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn who was the person who did the vocal songs for the Silent Hill series.

But how much you enjoy it I think is linked to if you enjoy walking sims and don't mind one in an open ended large level with map/compass navigation. There were some monsters/traps, but they were rare and it was mostly about going to locations to experience events.

Husk has combat and gameplay and features a character who comes to a small town that was highly Silent Hill influenced. A bit busy to play it right now, and probably for the best as it sounds like they have bugs to iron out (Kholat did on release too though and they patched it out over time), so I'll wait for them to patch it out soon. but I buy many horror games on Day 1 and this one had me and some others excited (there was a GAF topic on it in the past), and very surprised to see it in this monthly. It literally released this morning.

Excellent impression, I am definitely going to give it a shot now. The incident you talk about, I know nothing of it, so I'm gonna research into it.

I've tried avoiding gameplay videos, but you've left quite an impression of what it's gonna be like in my head. This, along with Husk, seem pretty damn cool. I don't mind walking sims with their hearts in the right place, and if Husk's Silent Hill inspiration hits the mark, the more the merrier.

Hope you enjoy Husk, sounds like you're a good resource for these types of games. Thanks!

Also:

The main character's gonna die, huh?

Thraktor

It's perfect timing. I had just listened to Three Moves Ahead's Best of 2016 episode yesterday, and they were gushing about the game. Really peaked my interest

I was about to mention the exact same thing, I listened to that episode about a week ago and it definitely made me interested in giving the game a go. It's a shame that a lot of what they were so positive about was the DLC (particularly Realm of The Wood Elves, iirc), but I guess I can watch out for sales on that over the next few months.

Edit: Also it just generally seems like an excellent pack for $12. I signed up for XCOM2, which is worth it alone, but Abzu and Project Highrise are games I was going to buy anyway, Steamworld Heist I already own on 3DS but is well worth double-dipping on*, and the remainder are all games that I'm at least interested in giving a try. I'll keep the subscription going next month for Total Warhammer, but if it keeps up with a similar quality I can see myself remaining subscribed for quite a while.

*And, let's be honest, triple-dipping when they inevitably announce the Switch port.

Qwyjibo

Wow. I signed up for this really only for cheap XCOM 2 with the intention of cancelling before the next month hit. Also not really knowing much about it or past bundles in the subscription.

But this is a pretty damn good bundle of games. I'm surprised that I'm actually going to keep going with this subscription for now.

Top Bottom