• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The I bought the DVD/Blu-Ray and don't want the digital version give away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
US Codes from Blu-rays. One per user. first to quote gets their pick.

Teen Titans: Judas Contract Taken my Absoludacurous
Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition Taken my mechashiva

Rick and Morty Season 2

I also just got Rick and Morty Season 1 but it didnt have the UV Code inside the sealed blu-ray. I could try and contact Amazon or WB to see if they have one, but dont expect much.

Teen Titans: Judas Contract
Wonder Woman: Commemorative Edition
Rick and Morty Season 2

I also just got Rick and Morty Season 1 but it didnt have the UV Code inside the sealed blu-ray. I could try and contact Amazon or WB to see if they have one.

I'll take Teen Titans

Rick and Morty Season 2

I also just got Rick and Morty Season 1 but it didnt have the UV Code inside the sealed blu-ray. I could try and contact Amazon or WB to see if they have one, but dont expect much.
Wonder Woman please

Rick and Morty Season 2

Wonder woman please.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

Rick and Morty Season 2

If you do contact them and they give you a code for season 1,i would love it! Its happened twice to me before and they honored it both times. :p

If you do contact them and they give you a code for season 1,i would love it! Its happened twice to me before and they honored it both times. :p

Ok Ill send Amazon an Email and they might ask me to contact WB. Im not hopefull since im not located in America, but if they get me one ill send it to you.

Rick and Morty Season 2

if rick and morty S2 is still available, thanks

Syriel

Ok Ill send Amazon an Email and they might ask me to contact WB. Im not hopefull since im not located in America, but if they get me one ill send it to you.

Amazon won't do anything because they are the retailer.

You've got to email the studio. Don't tell them where you are located, just what store and region you bought the disc in. They may ask for proof (receipt and UPC), but you'll get your code if it was promised on the box.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
And what exactly would modbot have to say?

modbot handles giveaways

you can send it 5 iTunes codes, and set up some rules (must have X posts in this thread, can't be a junior, etc)

then modbot makes a post in a thread that says "PM me for a chance to win one of these codes... this raffle ends in Y hours"

then people have Y hours to stumble across the post and enter the raffle

at the end of Y hours, modbot has a randomizer that picks a user who entered the raffle & satisfies the rules you set, and will PM that user the code they won

Ravek

Banned
modbot handles giveaways

you can send it 5 iTunes codes, and set up some rules (must have X posts in this thread, can't be a junior, etc)

then modbot makes a post in a thread that says "PM me for a chance to win one of these codes... this raffle ends in Y hours"

then people have Y hours to stumble across the post and enter the raffle

at the end of Y hours, modbot has a randomizer that picks a user who entered the raffle & satisfies the rules you set, and will PM that user the code they won

Since when is this a thing and why am I required to go through modbot? I use to give away codes all the time on this thread and modbot was never part of the equation.

Edit:
Nvm. I misunderstood. Disregard

jon bones

Since when is this a thing and why am I required to go through modbot? I use to give away codes all the time on this thread and modbot was never part of the equation.

you 100% do NOT have to go through modbot

personally, i like the wild west give aways - guy posts it up, and people scramble to get it. it's fun.

if you want to use modbot, you can - sometimes people get like 100 steam codes and don't want to go through the hassle of sending individual PMs to people so they offload that work to modbot

yeah i know modbot can be a little bit of extra hassle, but for someone like me who cant check all the time, the appreciation to use modbot and a give us a window of time to see it is there. that's all :) i thank everyone who has contributed a code in here! really awesome.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Completely forgot about this thread again. I have codes for almost every major release in the last year or so. A lot of them are from 4K discs but I assume you only get a 1080p digital version. I'll post a list later tonight.

rjinaz

Completely forgot about this thread again. I have codes for almost every major release in the last year or so. A lot of them are from 4K discs but I assume you only get a 1080p digital version. I'll post a list later tonight.

4k depends on the production company. Like I believe WB movies will redeem in 4k on VUDU as long as VUDU currently has the movie in 4k and the code was from a 4k set. I know I got Mad Max FR in 4k that way as well as Pan a year ago, unless that has changed.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
4k depends on the production company. Like I believe WB movies will redeem in 4k on VUDU as long as VUDU currently has the movie in 4k. I know I got Mad Max FR in 4k that way as well as Pan.

That's pretty cool. Although I probably should have mentioned these were purchased in the UK so may be region locked.

jon bones

oh wow, thanks!

AndyD

aka andydumi

Thank you in advance.

rjinaz

That's pretty cool. Although I probably should have mentioned these were purchased in the UK so may be region locked.

Ah yeah thanks. I do believe there are ways to get around regions using VPNs or whatever but yeah mostly UK folks will want to claim these codes I would think.

Markitron

Ah yeah thanks. I do believe there are ways to get around regions using VPNs or whatever but yeah mostly UK folks will want to claim these codes I would think.

Obviously they would be good in Ireland as well. I wonder if they work in mainland Europe too?

Syriel

Codes from any region are always welcome. :)

Obviously they would be good in Ireland as well. I wonder if they work in mainland Europe too?

It depends on how they are coded in the back end. There are multiple regions, including Ireland, Germany, UK, etc. Multiple regions can be assigned to a code, or they can be restricted to a single region. The only guarantee is that the code will work in the original region that the disc is sold in.

I'll take anything that would appeal to the average comic con crowd (which is I)

I know Logan recently came out

Thanks in advance, even if you're just reading this and decide not to send anything my way

Can I call dibs on Logan?

HeySeuss

Not sure what the rule of ettiquite is on this board but can I call dibs on CA: Civil War? I'd love that on my computer.

jon bones

ah, no chance of these redeeming to a US iTunes account then?

if so, good luck to all those trying to get one you want!

Syriel

Can I call dibs on ...?

Not sure what the rule of ettiquite is on this board but can I call dibs on ...? I'd love that on my computer.

You've both been here long enough to know there is NO BEGGING in the thread. :p

If you want a specific code, head to B/S/T or PMs.

No dibs here, otherwise this would just turn into another begging thread.

ah, no chance of these redeeming to a US iTunes account then?

Not a chance for iTunes.

Machine

You've both been here long enough to know there is NO BEGGING in the thread. :p

If you want a specific code, head to B/S/T or PMs.

No dibs here, otherwise this would just turn into another begging thread.

Maybe we should either get the OP (or a mod) to edit the first post with the ground rules or close this thread and start a new one with rules in the first post. Lately it seems like every other page we have someone begging.

Wow the OP has no introduction or anything. I think it needs a rework or a new thread, especially considering this is basically the UV community thread.

Syriel

Maybe we should either get the OP (or a mod) to edit the first post with the ground rules or close this thread and start a new one with rules in the first post. Lately it seems like every other page we have someone begging.

Wow the OP has no introduction or anything. I think it needs a rework or a new thread, especially considering this is basically the UV community thread.

If this is something the group wants, I'm happy to put one together that includes both the ground rules for the thread, as well as serves as a primer on DMA, UV, iTunes, etc.

This way there will be a single, easy to access resource for everyone.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If this is something the group wants, I'm happy to put one together that includes both the ground rules for the thread, as well as serves as a primer on DMA, UV, iTunes, etc.

This way there will be a single, easy to access resource for everyone.

So it'll serve as both a discussion and giveaway thread? I'm down with that.

If we're starting a new thread or revamping the current OP, can we please, please, PLEASE insist on Modbot or PMs for giveaways. It drives me crazy when someone posts a code openly and it's snatched within seconds by a lurker who doesn't participate in this thread and may not even post on GAF at all.

Syriel

If we're starting a new thread or revamping the current OP, can we please, please, PLEASE insist on Modbot or PMs for giveaways. It drives me crazy when someone posts a code openly and it's snatched within seconds by a lurker who doesn't participate in this thread and may not even post on GAF at all.

I'll certainly include a link to the Modbot how-to in the OP, but putting restrictions on giveways isn't cool.

Remember, the givers are doing everyone else a favor. Givers decide how to give.

If a giver wants to do Modbot, fine.
If a giver just wants to do a dump, fine.

You don't want to put up any barriers for a giver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom