• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The I bought the DVD/Blu-Ray and don't want the digital version give away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz42

That's a bingo.

Take your pick:

Get Out
John Wick: Chapter 2
The LEGO Batman movie
Logan

To everyone else: be on the lookout

Logan? Please

Edit: whoops feel like a dope, just looked and saw that you were telling that one guy to pick his reward. That's what I get for rushing to try and grab Logan without reading the original posts. My b

Btw I also have a code for Get Out to give away, so whoever wants it can have it

Maligna

Banned
First person to guess my favorite Transformer gets a digital copy of Transformers: The Movie (1986).

Three guesses each. (Make them all in one post)

First person to guess my favorite Transformer gets a digital copy of Transformers: The Movie (1986).

Three guesses each. (Make them all in one post)

Optimus Prime

Prowl

Ratchet

(I don't know anything about Transformers, so if these picks don't make sense, that would be why)

Maligna

Banned
No winners yet.

Don't worry, it's not a super obscure character either.

Feel free to guess again, since most people here just give away to the first poster and you guys were quickest on the draw I don't mind if you keep going with more groups of three guesses until you get it.

Pyccko

No winners yet.

Feel free to guess again, since most people here just give away to the first poster and you guys were quickest on the draw I don't mind if you keep going with more groups of three guesses until you get it.

Oh cool, okay

Arcee
Shockwave
Rattrap

No winners yet.

Rodimus Prime

Wheelie

Blurr

No winners yet.

Jazz

Cliffjumper

Psykoboy2

No winners yet.

Megatron

Unicron

Bumblebee

Regginator

I'm new to all this, but this thread is an amazing initiative to watch new movies or movies that aren't on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Just to be sure, all codes are "UV codes" or something that need to be redeemed on https://www.myuv.com/redeem ? Hmm, sounds nice. Is it like a stream or do you download it on your PC?

The Amazing Spider-Man 1+2 European code inside email tags

It's says the code isn't available in my country, hmm. That's weird, I'm from the Netherlands so it should work..

I'm new to all this, but this thread is an amazing initiative to watch new movies or movies that aren't on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Just to be sure, all codes are "UV codes" or something that need to be redeemed on https://www.myuv.com/redeem ? Hmm, sounds nice. Is it like a stream or do you download it on your PC?

It's says the code isn't available in my country :( That's weird, I'm from the Netherlands so it should work..
The vast majority are UV or itunes but occasionally (funny enough the last giveaway with Transformers) are downloads to PC only. Disney is unique where it's not a UV code but one that can view through a number of formats. It is actually kind of overly complex than it should be with studios unable to all get on the same page.

Vudu is the popular streaming service to watch your collection of UV movies but there are other apps available depending on what device you are using.

EDIT: Once the code has been redeemed it can't be used again.

Regginator

The vast majority are UV or itunes but occasionally (funny enough the last giveaway with Transformers) are downloads to PC only. Disney is unique where it's not a UV code but one that can view through a number of formats. It is actually kind of overly complex than it should be with studios unable to all get on the same page.

Vudu is the popular streaming service to watch your collection of UV movies but there are other apps available depending on what device you are using.

EDIT: Once the code has been redeemed it can't be used again.

Nice, thanks! So basically you get two copies with every BluRay purchase, physical disc(s) and then a digital code? And it's not like modern PC games that when you redeem that digital code, it renders the physical disc(s) useless?

rjinaz

It's says the code isn't available in my country, hmm. That's weird, I'm from the Netherlands so it should work..

Collecting digital movies is fun and addicting. I am now at over 1000 titles. Before three years ago or so, I wasn't even interested because I was a physical only person and it seemed complicated. But seeing as how movies don't have much value unlike video games, I decided I didn't need physical taking up room and once I learned about redeeming codes, it all seemed so easy.

So yeah, most hollywood movies nowadays come with a UV code and an itunes code. The exception would be Disney which has it's own system.

To make things simple for you I would just use VUDU. Create an account on there and a UV account. Next you'll want to create a Disney DMA account and link it to your VUDU account, the option is there. Then basically you are set. Assuming you don't use itunes specifically but it's basically the same thing but you'd be using itunes instead of VUDU.

VUDU lets you download movies on some devices, some you can't but you can always stream. I know I could download movies on a Microsoft tablet and a PS3 as well, but not my PS4 unless that has changed.

Most modern devices have VUDU with the exception of Amazon devices basically. Even my Mom's ipad has a vudu app.

Nice, thanks! So basically you get two copies with every BluRay purchase, physical disc(s) and then a digital code? And it's not like modern PC games that when you redeem that digital code, it renders the physical disc(s) useless?

Nope not at all. In fact, Walmart has a neat service when you buy movies from them, you get an instant watch copy to watch your movies on VUDU early, a digital movie code, and your physical disc. 3 copies (4 if the movie also comes with itunes that depends on the production company). Walmart owns VUDU.

Yep that's essentially why this thread exists is people buy the Blu-ray and have no interest in having a digital collection when you own the physical copy.

We should probably update the OP with general information. You can go down the rabbit hole and get lost in all the Instawatch Copies, Vudu Mobile Disc to Digital, XML and various other ways to add to your digital collection.

Regginator

Collecting digital movies is fun and addicting. I am now at over 1000 titles. Before three years ago or so, I wasn't even interested because I was a physical only person and it seemed complicated. But seeing as how movies don't have much value unlike video games, I decided I didn't need physical taking up room and once I learned about redeeming codes, it all seemed so easy.

So yeah, most hollywood movies nowadays come with a UV code and an itunes code. The exception would be Disney which has it's own system.

To make things simple for you I would just use VUDU. Create an account on there and a UV account. Next you'll want to create a Disney DMA account and link it to your VUDU account, the option is there. Then basically you are set. Assuming you don't use itunes specifically but it's basically the same thing but you'd be using itunes instead of VUDU.

VUDU lets you download movies on some devices, some you can't but you can always stream. I know I could download movies on a Microsoft tablet and a PS3 as well, but not my PS4 unless that has changed.

Most modern devices have VUDU with the exception of Amazon devices basically. Even my Mom's ipad has a vudu app.

Nope not at all. In fact, Walmart has a neat service when you buy movies from them, you get an instant watch copy to watch your movies on VUDU early, a digital movie code, and your physical disc. 3 copies (4 if the movie also comes with itunes that depends on the production company). Walmart owns VUDU.

Yep that's essentially why this thread exists is people buy the Blu-ray and have no interest in having a digital collection when you own the physical copy.

We should probably update the OP with general information. You can go down the rabbit hole and get lost in all the Instawatch Copies, Vudu Mobile Disc to Digital, XML and various other ways to add to your digital collection.

That's amazing, I never knew this. Thanks to both for the background information, I'm starting to get the picture of this. Haha, I think I just found a new hobby, finding codes on the cheap to build an online library.

First off, Lord of the Rings, Sopranos and Game of Thrones. The search begins.

rjinaz

That's amazing, I never knew this. Thanks to both for the background information, I'm starting to get the picture of this. Haha, I think I just found a new hobby, finding codes on the cheap to build an online library.

First off, Lord of the Rings, Sopranos and Game of Thrones. The search begins.

Search google for google groups on digital codes. Lots of groups and they provide a lot of information. I paid just $3 total for all three Lord of the Rings extended versions for example using Disc to Digital. Like most hobbies, you have to learn the in and outs if you really want to be serious about it. If not, just collecting codes for the latest movies for cheap is pretty nice too.

Syriel

Regginator isn't in the US. Which means no VUDU.

He'll need to use Flixster IIRC.

That would require messaging the OP or starting a new thread as I haven't seen the OP in here in awhile.

rjinaz

Regginator isn't in the US. Which means no VUDU.

He'll need to use Flixster IIRC.

That would require messaging the OP or starting a new thread as I haven't seen the OP in here in awhile.

Ah didn't catch that. Right you are. Bummer. Though I know people out of the US do still manage to build large libraries regardless. They just have to go about it differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom