• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Ahegao

Banned
I already did my part in pre-ordering.

Now to decide if I want to do a max AP run of Sen before the sequel comes out. Carry-over bonuses tend to suck in this series.

Aeana

Hi JapanGAF/FalcomGAF.

I don't know who you guys are. But if you haven't pre-ordered Sen no Kiseki II yet, do know that I have a very specific set of skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. Pre-order it and that will be the end of it. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you if we don't reach Rank 5.

srsly

For more details: http://www.falcom.com/sen2/special/yoyaku_up.html

It's weird that you think that anybody who played the last one wouldn't want to play the next one.

redhairedking

I have heard many good things about the ending of Sen and am currently working through Zero, so hopefully I'll be able to join you all in discussion soon enough :)

Aeana

Just because they're gonna play the next one doesn't mean they're gonna pre-order it.

I have it preordered, but I highly doubt that my preorder counts toward their counter since it's with Play-Asia. Most likely the only way to make it count would be to order with HMV Japan, and then I'd have to wait longer for the game.

Finalow

I saw that the first chapter of trails in the sky is finally on steam, surely going to play it.
isn't there any OT or thread made for that?

redhairedking

Bt_ve1nCYAEzzah.jpg:large

Wow I can't believe I never noticed that Falcom ripped off SAO back in 2004.

RyoonZ

Banned
Lol, one of the reason I hate SAO. If anything I think it draws inspiration from Suikoden. Can we discuss trailers in spoiler?

The trailer is awesome, it's spoilery but I'm never one to mind spoiler. If anything, it made me curious even more. Now I see Kishin battle with a Red Kishin, Rean with his Valimar + Laura unleashed Ryuuouken, with Sara it unleashed Yokoken. It possibly means a new system where you could unleash a new move with an additional party member, so it'll be a lot of variations. Also seeing Rean leading his schoolmates was very reminiscence of Suikoden for me <goddamn I love this game :(>. Aircraft became headquartes, I saw Nicholas opening restaurants or perhaps canteen would be more fitting? And Collete opening shop with lots of Mishi. Also it seems your quest now are rescuing your schoolmates? I see Dorothy (the fujoshi lol) surrounded by monsters.

Also the trailer gives a glimpse of what looks like to be a Red Kishin, Falcom just shared a shilloute of new characters of what might looks like Lechter. Which dawn to me that Lechter might be that Red Kishin rider.

Ahegao

Banned
Also the trailer gives a glimpse of what looks like to be a Red Kishin, Falcom just shared a shilloute of new characters of what might looks like Lechter. Which dawn to me that Lechter might be that Red Kishin rider.

I'm more interested in the silhouette of
Rixia. Her being a party-member in Sen II would be...amazing.

RyoonZ

Banned
I'm more interested in the silhouette of
Rixia. Her being a party-member in Sen II would be...amazing.

I thought the
Rixia and Lloyd are separate missions from the story? Did they actually join Rean's party? But yeah Rixia is going to be glorious :p

RyoonZ

Banned
Yay. got the platz~

iuAqe3KGkCAec.jpg

I also made 12 different clear save file for each character invited to
dance at school festival
Not sure to inherit which one in Sen II

Also for folks with region 3 (Asia) PSN account with PS+ subscription, this month got Kiseki series avatar

ibtV0pfluw4U53.jpg

Fhoenix

Finished Sora no Kiseki SC this week. Talked to every NPC. 130+ hours. Text, text, text. Kanji, kanji, kanji. Tired. Proud.
Third is free as long as I have PS Plus. Start it? Get a little rest? Mmm. Don't know what to do.

Ratrat

Finished Sora no Kiseki SC this week. Talked to every NPC. 130+ hours. Text, text, text. Kanji, kanji, kanji. Tired. Proud.
Third is free as long as I have PS Plus. Start it? Get a little rest? Mmm. Don't know what to do.

Start and see how you feel? Personally I decided to take a break with and play Celceta instead.

Aeana

3rd is my favorite Kiseki game. By far. I love it so much! And the format is very different from FC and SC, so the burn-out factor should hopefully not be there.

Ahegao

Banned
3rd can feel like a slog because the doors are contextless, so when they cover characters you don't particularly care about there's going to be groaning but the battles, soundtrack and all of the juicy foreshadowing still makes it my favorite game in the Sora-trilogy at least.

Aeana

3rd can feel like a slog because the doors are contextless, so when they cover characters you don't particularly care about there's going to be groaning but the battles, soundtrack and all of the juicy foreshadowing still makes it my favorite game in the Sora-trilogy at least.
I loved every single door. I couldn't get enough, personally.

Shouta

Start 3rd and see how you feel, I guess? If your PS+ isn't going anywhere soon, just download and hang on to it but if it is, play it.

Aeana

Since I already felt I'd been mega spoiled, I decided to watch that store trailer for Sen 2. I guess they decided to go all the way...
it includes a declaration of love to Rean from Laura, and a kiss between Rean and Alisa
. I don't know if these are the results of social links bond events or not, but if they are, meh.

Jubern

Wow. I just wanted to ask about SC lol

I just finished Chapter 1 and I am over 12 hours in. Are all the chapters as long as the first?

Since I already felt I'd been mega spoiled, I decided to watch that store trailer for Sen 2. I guess they decided to go all the way...
it includes a declaration of love to Rean from Laura, and a kiss between Rean and Alisa
. I don't know if these are the results of social links bond events or not, but if they are, meh.

Is that really all that surprising though? The bond events in Zero and Ao were the exact same way outside of the ones you did with the guys.

Ao spoilers:
Heck,
Lloyd's and Ellie's ends with a kiss if I remember correctly, and pretty much all the ones with the girls go in that direction too.

Sen Spoilers:
That, and
event with a character at the end of Sen is quasi-romantic (like Zero's) depending on the character you picked. For example, Laura basically tells you that she cares about you so much that she's willing to become your sword and shield.

Fhoenix

Started the Third. Love it so far. Minimum amount of NPC (to be honest I got tired of them. Even though that their sub-plots carry into the third game is still very nice). Lot's of plot. It is indeed different. What I noticed is that casting arts seems slower now. Even with a quarts speeding up the casting, Kevin can not finish a cast before the next enemy moves. While in SC I could spam Hell Gates left and right.
Ries seems like a fun character. I like her already.
Also, enemies with a weakness to Mirage. Woooo! I was waiting for that.

Wow. I just wanted to ask about SC lol

I just finished Chapter 1 and I am over 12 hours in. Are all the chapters as long as the first?

Chapter 1 is of medium length. There are shorter ones, there are longer ones. Also it depends heavily on how much optional stuff you are doing. Chapter 8 for example could be the shortest chapter in the game or the longest.

Ahegao

Banned
I certainly wonder how the event at the end of Sen will affect Sen II if you carry over your save. I don't think it will be a big deal, probably some bonus Link-Exp
once Rean reunites with the character you chose at the festival.

Fhoenix

Damn, I would like to have long talk with the person who thought that Death, Vanish and Guard would be good AT bonuses. Like srsly.

Also I know little about Sen. But I know I am gonna choose Fie for the event. Not that it will matter for the plot T_T

AniHawk

quick question - how much room will ao no kiseki evolution take up on a vita? i tried looking it up on the jp psn store, but no dice.

Gu4n

Guess I'll chime in here for a bit as well.

Currently working my way through the final dungeon of Sora SC. There rarely (actually, never) has been a game that kept me playing day in, day out since I picked up the game late June for 90 hours straight (in comparison, Xenoblade Chronicles took me 90 hours spread over three years). I'm thrilled to see the ending of this tale and to jump into The 3rd for another shot of Liberl.

Gu4n

Finished Sora SC last night. What an amazing way to end such a brilliant game, triggering literally all the feels.

I still need to figure out all those feelings before I jump into The 3rd, which is likely going to be next weekend, because the foreshadowing at the end was tantalising.

Finished Sora SC last night. What an amazing way to end such a brilliant game, triggering literally all the feels.

I still need to figure out all those feelings before I jump into The 3rd, which is likely going to be next weekend, because the foreshadowing at the end was tantalising.

3rd will give you even more feels.

All of them. Nonstop.

Top Bottom