• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Add me on PS4: billions_knives

I am a decent player I guess but I am always looking for people to play with. I just started playing this about a month ago.

jugo

Neo Member
Have to ask if this happens often.

You're in sudden death and your opponent is the last man standing. You can see the enemy on the map and you outnumber him. I figure we stick together and overwhelm him, but for some reason the other players run all over the map as if they couldn't see him. And it's not to get boxes.

I sometimes question if they know they can see the enemy on the map during sudden death.

Business

Have to ask if this happens often.

You're in sudden death and your opponent is the last man standing. You can see the enemy on the map and you outnumber him. I figure we stick together and overwhelm him, but for some reason the other players run all over the map as if they couldn't see him. And it's not to get boxes.

I sometimes question if they know they can see the enemy on the map during sudden death.

Maybe they run to collect parts they left lying around during the game. Sometimes you can't collect your parts in the heat of the moment and then when there's only one enemy and you know where he is, it's ideal to run safely to collect them all. I do that sometimes.

jugo

Neo Member
Maybe they run to collect parts they left lying around during the game. Sometimes you can't collect your parts in the heat of the moment and then when there's only one enemy and you know where he is, it's ideal to run safely to collect them all. I do that sometimes.

Completely forgot about the survivors. I gave up on them after trying to unlock everything and only got to 110 so mine usually die. But you're probably right.

andycapps

Could be this. I think it could also be that everyone wants to split up so they can try to get that final kill. If you all stick together it's really hard to get it.

Gumbie

I am a decent player I guess but I am always looking for people to play with. I just started playing this about a month ago.

I'll get you added tonight, I've been back playing more lately and I'm always looking for teammates. I'm not an mlg pro but I can hold my own most of the time.

Wowbagger

Thanks. I have to condition myself off of Covert Training it seems lol. I still doubt my abilities a little.

Covert Training 2 for life, yo! Never leave home without it! I'd rather ditch the silencers myself.

The Reviver/First Aid combo won't do you much good if your teammates stubbornly refuse to get hurt or, God forbid, downed once in a while.

I found I got more consistent results using Damage Marker 2 with Collector 2. Of course, the former is a DLC skill. It was free on PSN sometime last year, though. Not sure if that was a bug or not -- maybe it still is?

Gumbie

Thanks. Since I discovered the MP so late, this is all I play now.

I meant to add you this past weekend but forgot. Me and buddy will be playing tonight so I'll you added if you want to roll in a party of 3 tonight. Most everyone on my friends list quit playing this a while back so I don't usually don't have enough on at one time to get a full party of 4.

Gumbie

Good playing with you last night, sorry I couldn't stick around longer. That other dude though...yo...he got some issues lmao.

Good playing with you last night, sorry I couldn't stick around longer. That other dude though...yo...he got some issues lmao.

Yeah he definitely flies off the handle. I thought it was funny because he gets so upset at high level guys. I just met him this week. Next time you are on hit me up. I had fun.

I would love to play sometime with you guys, psn: maskedarcstrike

My headsets broke though and I don't have any of the dlc guns, but I'm pretty good with the bow :p

Yeah he definitely flies off the handle. I thought it was funny because he gets so upset at high level guys. I just met him this week. Next time you are on hit me up. I had fun.

I got both of your friend invites, havent seen ya on though. Should be on today, also I got a replacement headset that works now.

For some reason, I've been slowly seeping back into Factions mode. Probably a result of the impending graduation from college and thus knowing I will have more time to play something I used to love so damn much.

Let me know if anyone would be down to play, especially more so in about 2 weeks when I'm good and done with school. Miss this game so much and it's been refreshing to get back into the scene while realizing I'm actually pretty decent for being so rusty.

Karu

After a few month where I didn't play, back to it and damn... after having some time to dwell about it and the fact that I, the second I got back, was already hooked - this might be my fav MP experience period. At least on a cacasual, non-committed basis.

Although I had many great random matches, those fuckers running around no mTter what and idiots favouring execution over revival are the absolute worst. Match ruining-worse. :-S

Business

After a few month where I didn't play, back to it and damn... after having some time to dwell about it and the fact that I, the second I got back, was already hooked - this might be my fav MP experience period. At least on a cacasual, non-committed basis.

Although I had many great random matches, those fuckers running around no mTter what and idiots favouring execution over revival are the absolute worst. Match ruining-worse. :-S

I know what you mean, playing with randoms can be something else. I'd recommend hooking with some of the guys in this thread, all of them good people that won't run for no reason and will risk to save your ass. I just had a few good games with Zantetsuken.

BankyConan

Neo Member
Still find myself playing this game every weekend while my copies of COD:AW, BF:Hardline, and Destiny just sit there covered in dust.

dealer-

Still find myself playing this game every weekend while my copies of COD:AW, BF:Hardline, and Destiny just sit there covered in dust.

Same. I love this game. But my connection is woeful. I have 85Mbps down but always have ZERO bars in TLOU:R. I even had a message the other day commenting on how my shitty dial up connection was helping me to pop heads with the Military Sniper. I've tried opening ports etc but nothing works.

nicolajNN

A couple of weeks ago I decided to change up my loadout since I had been using healer/reviver with semi-auto since the PS3 days. I went with covert/agility and silenced burst rifle. Not healing or reviving fast took some getting used to, but not having agility when I change loadout for a mission is pure torture now, everything is sooooo slow

Same. I love this game. But my connection is woeful. I have 85Mbps down but always have ZERO bars in TLOU:R. I even had a message the other day commenting on how my shitty dial up connection was helping me to pop heads with the Military Sniper. I've tried opening ports etc but nothing works.
Everyone has zero bars for himself.

Do you use WiFi? Do you see other players with zero bars frequently?

Do you have a Type 2 connection when you do a connection test? Also go to speedtest.net and checkbyour ping times.

I'm trying to get off of covert training but its tough. I might just keep one or two covert loadouts when to use against good teams. Me and SpeedofNuts had some good games the other day.

Got 22 downs 2 deaths on supply raid and was accused of camping when I returned to the lobby despite the fact that I never, ever camp. Some people just can't accept losing fair and square.

Also, a fully-upgraded revolver is an absolute beast. Can't believe I slept on this gun for so long.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I got my PS4 today and this was the first game I wanted to start, I'm about 2 hours into it and it's pretty good so far, harder than expected even on normal. Clickers are nightmare fuel. It's taking some learning on how to aim with a controller as well, I can't hit the side of a barn right now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I got my PS4 today and this was the first game I wanted to start, I'm about 2 hours into it and it's pretty good so far, harder than expected even on normal. Clickers are nightmare fuel. It's taking some learning on how to aim with a controller as well, I can't hit the side of a barn right now.

This is the MP thread... but some quick advice: Bricks.

You can melee kill an unaware clicker with them. You can also use a brick/bottle to stun a clicker and then do a dashing melee attack. The stun + dash attack is pretty important to save hits on your weapon.

todahawk

Got 22 downs 2 deaths on supply raid and was accused of camping when I returned to the lobby despite the fact that I never, ever camp. Some people just can't accept losing fair and square.

Also, a fully-upgraded revolver is an absolute beast. Can't believe I slept on this gun for so long.

Yeah, the revolver is great. Once I started using it steady I find myself rarely using the standard pistol.

I haven't played factions in a bit but I do recall that the lobbies tend to be pretty rowdy and heated. Lots of people on mics compared to other games. Lots of shit talking and sore winners and losers.

Karu

Had a great day today. Was put together with ppl between level 1 and 40 (32 myself) and for whatever luck I deserve, the group stood intact for at least 6 matches. Was awesome fun.

Still use Semi-Auto rifle. Someone I didn't know bugged me about using a bow, but I don't really wanna play what I donNt wanna play. And Revolver, yeah, awesome 2nd weapon choice, without upgrade though.

My perka are currently
Strategy 1
Medic 4 or so
Crafting 1
Reviver 2

Could be wrong on some, but pretty aaccurate overall.

Fav maps right now are Financial Plaza and the winter town. prefer the mostly horizontal maps to the more vertical.

The PSN went down for me yesterday and kicked me offline. Me and Gumbie were just getting started too. We were going Enforcer only and putting in work.

Gumbie

The PSN went down for me yesterday and kicked me offline. Me and Gumbie were just getting started too. We were going Enforcer only and putting in work.

Hell yeah man we missed you after you got booted. We figured something had happened since you left so abruptly.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just played my first few games of multiplayer and I love it, it's way different to what I'm used to but I really enjoyed it. Popping out of the window and getting a double kill on my second game felt pretty awesome. I'm a bit clueless in general though so I'm going to watch a guide and figure some stuff out but I took and instant liking to it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Am I doing something wrong? I've been playing for quite some hours and I'm still level 1, and I haven't unlocked much. I don't know how people could possibly be level 300+ at this rate, unless I'm missing something. It seems a bit new player unfriendly right now as I can't even create a proper loadout.

Gray Matter

Am I doing something wrong? I've been playing for quite some hours and I'm still level 1, and I haven't unlocked much. I don't know how people could possibly be level 300+ at this rate, unless I'm missing something. It seems a bit new player unfriendly right now as I can't even create a proper loadout.

They're "levels". There's a 12 weeks cycle, 7 matches per week, one match=one day. After 7 games/days you should increase by one.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
They're "levels". There's a 12 weeks cycle, 7 matches per week, one match=one day. After 7 games/days you should increase by one.

Right, I was kicked out right before the end twice last night because my ISP took a shit, so I guess that didn't help my progress.

RoeBear

Right, I was kicked out right before the end twice last night because my ISP took a shit, so I guess that didn't help my progress.
When you get kicked or dropped from a game the day still counts towards progression. It can be stressful when you have 100% risk missions.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
When you get kicked or dropped from a game the day still counts towards progression. It can be stressful when you have 100% risk missions.

If I drop do I keep all the parts that I earned before I got kicked? I was having my best game yet the first time I got kicked.

Lately I've been using the Burst Rifle since I've never really used it before. With a bit of practice, it sure can be brutal! One burst downs aren't as difficult as I imagined they would be. It has replaced the Variable Rifle as my favourite large firearm.

9mm + Double Barrel is also quite nice; the 9mm doesn't really need upgrades and the Double Barrel is dirt cheap. By saving up parts all game you can really go all out at the end with armour and purchasables.

Just keep playing and you will unlock everything eventually. I wouldn't let it get in the way of having fun. As for the bolded, I suggest trying out the various pre-made loadouts until you find one that fits your playstyle. Then once you have unlocked more stuff, you can tweak it to your liking. If you are looking for recommendations on the pre-made loadouts, I like support, marksman, salvo, and onslaught.

Good luck! :)

Top Bottom