• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

QaaQer

Anybody have a cheap headset they can recommend for ps4? The Sony gold one is more the I want to spend, I am reading reviews some of the lower tier turtle beaches right now.

Just use the one that came with the ps4. It's not great, but it does work fine.

The $99 sony headset is really the cheapest one you should actually buy though.

ksdixon

New MP DLC revealed

14523617317_5822283600_o.jpg

14709772162_8070dacab8_o.jpg

more info please. hotel upper or basement? beach area or sewers?

psn id is ksdixon

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I never got into the online play much -- it's not my cup of tea -- but I'm surprised how many people are enthusiastic about it.

quickwhips

This TLOU noob is going straight into multiplayer. See ya guys there. PSN: Quickwhips

I never got into the online play much -- it's not my cup of tea -- but I'm surprised how many people are enthusiastic about it.

xbox converted and I'm dying for something new multiplayer. I think aott of people are.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This TLOU noob is going straight into multiplayer. See ya guys there. PSN: Quickwhips

xbox converted and I'm dying for something new multiplayer. I think about of people are.

You really need to experience the story first. Not that it changes the effect of multiplayer, just that it gives you a great sense of how to play it and helps you get accustomed to the controls ... And it's frigin' amazing.

quickwhips

Thanks, I wasn't sure it would be acceptable quality.

I bought it on sale at bestbuy a few weeks back. Its ok. It hurts my head a little after long use (4-5 hours) . The sound quality is fine. Mic sounds clear. Haven't messed with virtual surround sound much since I don't any of the games with custom ones. It works great for Destiny beta though.

You really need to experience the story first. Not that it changes the effect of multiplayer, just that it gives you a great sense of how to play it and helps you get accustomed to the controls ... And it's frigin' amazing.

I wish I had more time. But I'm getting older and I get to game a few nights a week with friends. We don't do single player we just do multiplayer. We decided to get PS4s and I got everyone excited for this game. I've watched alot of twitch stream and youtube videos and multiplayer looks right up our alley. Single Player is over rated for connecting with friends when you get older since we all live in different states of the US.

GavinUK86

The google doc is not working out the way it's supposed to. Applesauce, if you have more experience with it go ahead it's beating me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I will start one later if nobody has jumped on it by then. I made one for Titanfall and it made playing games with good players much easier, and it takes little effort to do.

Could make a GAF_TLoU PSN account, and everyone then follows it, then they will be able to see the others and add them easily themselves. Much quicker than typing in a list of peoples' names.worked really well with trials.

Reading that Q&A is making me excited as shit to play again. Haven't played mp in a month just so the game can feel somewhat fresh. You new guys are in for a treat.

And protip: machete > modded weapon > 2x4 > fists. Be prepared to get upset over the surprise machete at the end of the match when you thought you were about to go clutch. It will happen.

Oh, and if anybody wants to add since my crew will still be on PS3

PSN: Spine_Ripper

Captain Failure

Neo Member
Really looking forward to finally trying out the multiplayer. I played the single player on PS3 but never got around to dipping my toes in the multiplayer.

I sure as fuck hope it's free or else it completely makes their bragging about a unseparated community pointless. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new maps and you bet your sweet ass I'll be buying day one, but I think it goes without saying that purchasable maps so soon after release is a bad thing.

Gray Matter

I sure as fuck hope it's free or else it completely makes their bragging about a unseparated community pointless. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for new maps and you bet your sweet ass I'll be buying day one, but I think it goes without saying that purchasable maps so soon after release is a bad thing.

Let's see what they do with the maps. I really don't want the community to be separated again.

benjammin

Nice thread! Very in on this. I barely played the ps3 mp so I'm looking forward to sinking some serious time on this.

Psn is benjammin172

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

But the game's been out for a year.

a916

Jumped into the PS3 version last night... got royally wrecked for the first 4 matches, managed maybe 1 kill?

Finally started doing work and becoming somewhat competent after that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So I made a new PSN account, NeoGAF_TLoU

If you want to play multiplayer and add GAF people easily, just follow this PSN account. You'll be able to select that account and see all other Gaffers that added it, and add them easily.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just sell clothes and hats and keep the maps free...

i agree! go nuts with hats and shit, but the last thing this mp needs in the face of destiny & cod is more fracturing

Anybody have a cheap headset they can recommend for ps4? The Sony gold one is more the I want to spend, I am reading reviews some of the lower tier turtle beaches right now.

i got tritton kaiken for $15 shipped on mad catz's website

Mentok

Banned

I was in the same boat, wound up buying the Tritton Kunai for $50. The beauty of these is that they work as a headset on my PS4, then I can take the mic out and use them as regular headphones on all other devices. The mic is very good quality and the headphone sound is pretty sweet. Yes there are better ones out there, but I got what I paid for. No frills, perfect for what I wanted.

Count me in on the list, once I'm done a SP run I'm definitely going to want to play some MP with people who'll strat.

PSN: Berzerk-O

This might be somewhat of an ignorant question, but would I like the MP in TLoU if I liked Gears' multiplayer? They seem somewhat similar.

quickwhips

I was in the same boat, wound up buying the Tritton Kunai for $50. The beauty of these is that they work as a headset on my PS4, then I can take the mic out and use them as regular headphones on all other devices. The mic is very good quality and the headphone sound is pretty sweet. Yes there are better ones out there, but I got what I paid for. No frills, perfect for what I wanted.

Count me in on the list, once I'm done a SP run I'm definitely going to want to play some MP with people who'll strat.

PSN: Berzerk-O

I have a steel series I like its wired but you need an adapter for ps4.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Bought the game on psn but its not showing up in my download list is it normal ? Because destiny is there with a timer

Vitanimus

Not to sound presumptuous, but to any new players, don't be discouraged when playing against level 300+ players. The numbers are indicative of the amount of time played, not skill. As long as you play smart with your team mates, and use a mic hopefully, you'll enjoy the MP a lot more. I'm really excited to jump back in after so long.

Gray Matter

This might be somewhat of an ignorant question, but would I like the MP in TLoU if I liked Gears' multiplayer? They seem somewhat similar.

Ah, they are both TPS but are completely different. Tlou relies heavily on teamwork and communication.

Not to sound presumptuous, but to any new players, don't be discouraged when playing against level 300+ players. The numbers are indicative of the amount of time played, not skill. As long as you play smart with your team mates, and use a mic hopefully, you'll enjoy the MP a lot more. I'm really excited to jump back in after so long.

This. I am at 203 on PS3 and get my ass handed from time to time.

quickwhips

For the steelseries? That's odd because my Kunai's didn't need any adaptor. Simple 3.5mm jack to the controller. It can with the PS3 adaptor if you need that.

Its a pc one so I won at pax east 2 years ago. So Mic and Speaker are seperate.

madp0k

So I made a new PSN account, NeoGAF_TLoU

If you want to play multiplayer and add GAF people easily, just follow this PSN account. You'll be able to select that account and see all other Gaffers that added it, and add them easily.

Good thinking Batman ;)

Gaf - madp0k
PSN - madpsych0killer

Top Bottom