• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) First trailer up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not mad that they're not going to give me an upgrade for free. Though I'm a little frustrated that they probably knew a PS4 version was a go when I went ahead and bought the PS3 version. I'm patient enough to be able to play the 'best' version of a game, but it's impossible if you don't know it's coming! I didn't get the DLC so maybe when the game is at bargain bin prices I'll pick it up for that.

Linconan

You know what came to my mind (random thought), since the Ps4 version announcement..

If they are releasing a Port this early from Playstation4 Launch (6months), i think it would be safe to assume that The Last Of Us 2 is in the making/drawing board. As people have been questioning/asking if there'll be a sequel. If there wasn't, wouldn't you think they'd spend ALOT more time on a Re-Release.

Get the Title in the publics eye again, for the old and new comers...then BAM, hit em with a Teaser Trailer at E3.
(depending on release for Port)

Sorry for random...*starts day dreaming*

vpance

You know what came to my mind (random thought), since the Ps4 version announcement..

If they are releasing a Port this early from Playstation4 Launch (6months), i think it would be safe to assume that The Last Of Us 2 is in the making/drawing board. As people have been questioning/asking if there'll be a sequel. If there wasn't, wouldn't you think they'd spend ALOT more time on a Re-Release.

Get the Title in the publics eye again, for the old and new comers...then BAM, hit em with a Teaser Trailer at E3.
(depending on release for Port)

Sorry for random...*starts day dreaming*

The port is a no brainer, after the success of TR:D. It's free money and keeps the IP in the minds of new console owners like you said. Somebody has to make up for that $100 million and 4 years that SSM threw down the toilet :)

I do think it's a setup for TLoU2 though, especially after the SSM setback. They need at least one other surefire hit, and if TLoU2 wasn't in the cards before it definitely is now.

NBtoaster

Hahhahahaha...

For those who can't/haven't watched... It's a 1:27 video. 1:13 seconds is slides of the awards that Last of Us for PS3 got. The final 14 seconds is a camera pulling back on a practically static single scene in the game.

Let's compare:

WvKf9BV.png

WHBiRS9.png

PS3
PS4

(PS4 clip taken from Nerfgun's post)

They should really improve that background geometry.

Sky Chief

Hahhahahaha...

For those who can't/haven't watched... It's a 1:27 video. 1:13 seconds is slides of the awards that Last of Us for PS3 got. The final 14 seconds is a camera pulling back on a practically static single scene in the game.

Let's compare:

WvKf9BV.png

WHBiRS9.png

PS3
PS4

(PS4 clip taken from Nerfgun's post)

Next gen has no weapons

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
eh you can still 'run by it' considering you have control of how long you stay

it's the new difficulty level o_O

How can you enter that area without seeing that vista though? It's impossible, surely. Perhaps he's just referring to Ellie and Joel stood together? If he played the game and ignored all of those alternative conversation icons he should be shot at dawn!

I think it would be pretty hard to miss that scene on the play through. Its quite a memorable scene.

I don't get the negative reaction towards a 'remastered' edition on the PS4. I thought it was an excellent game and now I can play it on my PS4. If it includes the DLC (which I haven't gotten yet) it would be quite the deal in my opinion. I'll get it either way though.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I think it would be pretty hard to miss that scene on the play through. Its quite a memorable scene.

I don't get the negative reaction towards a 'remastered' edition on the PS4. I thought it was an excellent game and now I can play it on my PS4. If it includes the DLC (which I haven't gotten yet) it would be quite the deal in my opinion. I'll get it either way though.

They need to lock the DLC until you finish the main game though, otherwise some clot will spoil it for themselves.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Goddamn, never realized how bad the ps3 version looked until now

I would expect a multiplat to look worse
crysis-3-playstation-3-ps3-1361553570-054.jpg

This screen is exactly why I always chuckle when people say that Crytek did an amazing job on consoles. It has a lot of foliage but it doesn't look very good in motion on PS3 and the framerate and resolution are awful.

one of the absolute worst trailers/teasers i have ever seen. most of it was just "hey look at us we won awards" self-wankery and then it spoils perhaps the most memorable moment in the game.

W-H-Y?
It's not a spoiler if you already experienced it. You (and everyone else here) spoiled that scene for those of us that haven't played this game yet by saying it's a spoiler. I wouldn't have known this was an important part in the game just by watching the trailer.

Thanks a lot, people who already played the game and spoiled the scene for those of us that haven't.

They need to fix all the trees in this game. Ps4 doesnt need massive 2d branches.

Warning: You may have mind blown beyond recovery at the below revelation

Just some jesting.

For an HD edition, just use enough company resources to achieve 1080/60, whatever glitch fixes, textures, etc. Don't wanna take human resources away from a new game. But surely 60fps is easy as flipping a light switch. Even with the most demanding of PS3 games, 1080 and frame rate doubling is relatively nothing even with moderately better textures. New gen shouldn't have to struggle for this kinda stuff, but it is :(

I wish there were a game that take place entirely in the TLOU prologue sequence. That was the game highlight for me. I love the moment a worldwide zombie apocalypse hits. Those first days/year. I would have loved to play a long storyline of the first year in Austin (I think it was Austin?) .

NOT taking place in large world famous metropolitan US city - that felt so unique in the prologue. That is why The Walking Dead appeals to me too. Flyover country zombie apocalypses are funner.

Dang, this thread went south really quickly with all that spoiler crap. I'm really glad I'd already played the game before reading some if the posts here.

The game is looking pretty great so far though, even through the YouTube compression and such. I'm really looking forward to experiencing the game with a much better framerate and resolution with the enhanced lighting and shadows! Hype!

bes.gen

It's not a spoiler if you already experienced it. You (and everyone else here) spoiled that scene for those of us that haven't played this game yet by saying it's a spoiler. I wouldn't have known this was an important part in the game just by watching the trailer.

Thanks a lot, people who already played the game and spoiled the scene for those of us that haven't.

nah you'd still have that image in your mind and i'd call that a spoiler.
whats make that scene special was the surprise - out of this world effect.
(not sure if choose the right words here btw. im not a native english speaker)

Chinner

Banned
huh... I didnt know there were giraffes in this game.

In one tender scene they visit an abandoned Zoo as Ellie was is scared that she'll die soon. Previously when visiting Joel's old house she finds his wife's diary where she mentions a Zoo. He decides to take Ellie to the same zoo, partially for him and partially for her. It's quite an acute scene.

I think it's a screenshot from UC3. Thanks to the great assets in that game, shots like that are sometimes possible. Though most of the time the scene looks like this.

(which is still very nice!)

That's insane. Maybe I'm not the best judge, but if you'd told me the first screen was from Uncharted PS4, I wouldn't have batted an eye.

Ghazi, were you drinking or smoking during your play throughs of Last of Us? ;)
He probably ran by it.

You can't run by it. You HAVE to see that for the story to progress because the door is to the left of that scene.
You can skip the first one completely and the ones on top are barely visible if you sprint all the way to the top. Run to the door, press triangle and its over. I've seen people do it that just wanted to beat the game and didnt give a shit.

What am I looking at? Is this a mock-up of Uncharted PS4?
High quality textures streamed in when zooming. Clever trick and works on many surfaces. During normal gameplay the game looks far worse as expected.

isn't there like an attention grabbing line that goes along with that part though?
Not really apart from a mumbled and barely hearable (cause Ellie is pretty far away if you skip the first giraffe) "Do you see this?" that you probably miss if you have subtitles disabled. But if you open the door at the top you definitely see all the giraffes, but since there is no dialogue playing cause Ellie is still downstairs and the interaction to look at them is not possible yet I guess some people probably just take in the vista for 5 seconds, shrug and then try the door, which immediately launches the cutscene and has Ellie teleporting up to you.

Here is what it looks like: http://youtu.be/vTCQ0QcNQYQ?t=3h14m33s (pretty funny how the game can't keep up with him and glitches out, probably why there are so many ladder "puzzles")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom