• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) First trailer up

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chef

The scene from the trailer was truly one of the most special moments in the game for me. Made me choke up.
To me it's a HUGE spoiler.

This thread totally spoiled TLOU for me.... Not just the trailer but also lots of unexpected comments.... *Ejects.*

Yeah it's a damn shame. This thread should've been nuked.

But rest assured they haven't spoiled everything. Not nearly close. You still need to play it.

EL CUCO

Yeah it's a damn shame. This thread should've been nuked.

But rest assured they haven't spoiled everything. Not nearly close. You still need to play it.

I took a 3 month hiatus from all of the internet for TLOU because of this exact reason (reviews included). Quite frankly, im shocked that anybody that goes on gaming forums regularly hasn't been spoiled prior to this thread.

If you haven't been spoiled by now, I suggest you run away from anything TLOU related until you play it.

StuBurns

Banned
Nope, they decided last month to only use their Youtube channel from now on for their videos. If you see their videos elsewhere, they are most likely just rips from Youtube.
I honestly don't understand YT as a delivery medium for game trailers. The 30fps is bad enough, but the fucking compression. Just the fact people care about game graphics would suggest publishers would care about how their games are presented to the public, and YT is a huge disservice.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I honestly don't understand YT as a delivery medium for game trailers. The 30fps is bad enough, but the fucking compression. Just the fact people care about game graphics would suggest publishers would care about how their games are presented to the public, and YT is a huge disservice.

You and I and people on GAF and a few other places think like that. But the vast majority of the people who play games (many of these are not what we consider "gamers") see the convenience of just subscribing to their youtube channel and watching all the content on any device they have around, and don't give a damn about quality. And for the publishers, it's a huge convenience, a new revenue since they dare add ads to what is basically already ads, and less expenses since they don't have to have a way to get the videos to the press anymore.
Not defending the publishers, mind you, they are just lazy and think only about their numbers, like any "good" marketing team would.

Majanew

Banned

If other video players worked on mobile as well as YT, then I'd be all for YT being left behind. Since I haven't found one yet as good and as easy to link the actual video link to my brother via text messaging... YT is the way to go.

YouTube is probably the largest video exposure venue they have. Not to mention that it works better on mobile than most other players.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm not saying don't use YT, that would be absurd, I'm saying provide an alternative for people who care about quality.

Is that hard to send Blim's site a nice quality version? Get someone to host it on GamersHell? To put links to nice downloads on the game's website?

Just make it available to the people who care basically.

I took a 3 month hiatus from all of the internet for TLOU because of this exact reason (reviews included). Quite frankly, im shocked that anybody that goes on gaming forums regularly hasn't been spoiled prior to this thread.

If you haven't been spoiled by now, I suggest you run away from anything TLOU related until you play it.

I find avoiding spoilers for any game or movie or series pretty easy: Just avoid entering any thread about the particular title you don't want spoiled for you. No need to avoid the entire internet.

Reading any thread about a game you haven't played is asking for trouble if you care about spoilers. It's simple really.

I played TLOU more than 6 months after release and I managed to avoid all spoilers, even though I was on GAF daily.

Shin-Ra

Not going to happen, Sony now uses Youtube exclusively for their videos.
Goddamnit, this stinks.

I mean, they should be able to host their own videos at varying levels of quality, including high bitrate/60fps like Guerrilla did for that one video.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Goddamnit, this stinks.

I mean, they should be able to host their own videos at varying levels of quality, including high bitrate/60fps like Guerrilla did for that one video.

It costs a lot of money (I would know) to host high quality videos, and while it's not rocket science it's certainly not just a few minutes work to get it all working either. I'd love to know how many hits the Guerilla video got, and how much it cost them too. It certainly was nice of them to do that for sure!
I've talked to a few publishers about our video hosting system I've been working on in the last few weeks, they seemed at least a bit interested so with some luck maybe I'll get a few of these people to upload their videos directly to the site. Fingers crossed...

Not going to happen, Sony now uses Youtube exclusively for their videos.
Fuck this. Not too bad for The Last of Us I guess, but it's going to be so annoying for all the upcoming exclusives on PS4. I want to see my Naughty Dog, SSM and Quantic Dream game in full glory damnit. Ugh, maybe we can bug the individual developers to upload it somewhere. This really sucks...

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Like this?
P6PHrbQ.jpg

that is TLoU on PS3 though aint it?

Zoned

Actively hates charity
It would be interesting to see how TLOU graphics compare with Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider looked really good on next-gen hardware.

good thing I cant see it here at work, based on you guy's reactions, its best that I don't.

I will pick this game up, but not at $60 though.

Ghazi

Guarantee you he ran by it.

He's one of those types of gamers.
What does this mean? :p
Ghazi, were you drinking or smoking during your play throughs of Last of Us? ;)

The more I think about it, I think I was talking to some kids who were visiting our house while I played both times (I did two playthroughs back to back). I remember the rest and the end of the game vividly, just the segment when traveling to you know where for ending is kinda fuzzy. Leading me to believe I was only half paying attention to the game both times.

That scene fell kind of flat for me while I was playing the game, but I already knew it was coming at some point due to people on GAF talking about it. It's a very minor spoiler, but it still seems like a weird showcase of the PS4 remaster.

Hopefully they show off some actual gameplay soon.

ksdixon

The port is a no brainer, after the success of TR:D. It's free money and keeps the IP in the minds of new console owners like you said. Somebody has to make up for that $100 million and 4 years that SSM threw down the toilet :)

I do think it's a setup for TLoU2 though, especially after the SSM setback. They need at least one other surefire hit, and if TLoU2 wasn't in the cards before it definitely is now.

lol, ice cold.

Beatrix

Just got an email from amazon saying the new expected delivery date from TLoU is June 20th, 2014. An updated placeholder or official release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom