• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) First trailer up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you play this game again with slightly better graphics? Better looking graphics won't change how meh the gameplay and story was.

Zen

Banned
I will certainly not bother at 59.99, but maybe one say when it drops in price. The original game is already perfect and not held back by technology, so it will simply be to get my collection up to snuff and have less of an excuse to keep the PS3 plugged in.

Unless they also touch up the environments, 1080P could also make the game look worse by better exposing distance assets (like in that very in game shot in the trailer), so whatever.

Oppo

Why would you play this game again with slightly better graphics? Better looking graphics won't change how meh the gameplay and story was.

I think, partially to have the high frame rate / IQ, but also knowing that there will likely be another game or two in the series, so it will be great to have the complete set on PS4.

Deku Tree said:
I hate that people told me that was a spoiler after I watched it and not before.
No need to worry, you weren't spoiled for anything.

Guymelef

YT quality.
vlcsnap-2014-04-10-17g4su6.png

vlcsnap-2014-04-10-1752sbj.png

Ouch.

Seemingly not that impressive.

Shhhheeeeit.

The shown scene was a in-game moment in TLOU.

Well believe me it is. Compared to the loads of low res textures and jaggies that looks like an improvement even if it's a small one. I'm waiting for a full comparison first before I may judgements.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They are tweaking the gameplay as well.

Elios83

Useless trailer whose purpose is just to spoil a scene....also it's hard to say without proper gameplay but the improvements look marginal.
Probably 1080p and higher frame rate are the main things with this remaster.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The inner city areas already looked goddamn gorgeous on PS3.
Added vegetation, models and textures combined with crisp 1080p will make this game shine like never before.

Sean

Banned
Not sure I would call that a trailer, more like a teaser.

The scene they showed doesn't seem like that much of a leap either. Really minor improvements.

I could have sworn the game looked better than that.

Anyways, that 'gameplay' footage was underwhelming as hell.

Same, lol. I don't recall TLOU looking that bad on the PS3.

In any case, odd moment to show off for the trailer... I'd say it's a moment you need to experience in the game yourself and not "spoiled" like that. *shrug*

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looked pretty much the same :| Textures weren't really upgraded and was it shimmering in the distance? On that central building? Or aliasing?

I don't give a damn about it being the giraffes scene here - it had no impact on me in the game at all. What happens later in that level though... glad they did not spoil that.

Oppo

Can't believe they spoiled that scene in a trailer. Unbelievable.

you guys are too touchy

hint: spoilers involve PLOT or things you DIDN'T KNOW about the game

the actual 'moment' of this scene isn't even really depicted here

Druckmann is just trying to avoid the hordes yelling at him on twitter. it's not a spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom