• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us - Review Thread [Emargo up, scores in OP.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap at those reviews. I try not to pay attention to review scores but it's hard not to get a little hyped when it's getting perfect scores almost universally.

OT Should be up soon 30-40 mins , working on it. All matireals are their with me now.

Be ready to post your impresseions as well , it will go up in OT if written properly :)

OT will be spoiler free and is kept in mind with people who have been in black out for quite a while

The Last of Us |OT| Who's your big daddy now?

The Last of Us |OT| Not enough 10's left in the world

The Last of Us |OT| Halo and COD clone

antitrop

When will the story spoiler thread get up?
Probably next Friday, or a few days after that.

Bioshock Infinite spoiler thread was created a few days after the street date, but that game didn't have the weird review embargo/broken street date thing that this game has going on.

No spoilers are allowed. Everything else is the same as here. Just wait until you see the first post of an official thread. GAF is known for its OT's.
Okay, cool

Off topic but I am happy I joined this community. I had heard a lot of horror stories about NeoGaf but it's been a great community so far. And the fact that devs and game journalists post here makes it even better.

antitrop

Okay, cool

Off topic but I am happy I joined this community. I had heard a lot of horror stories about NeoGaf but it's been a great community so far. And the fact that devs and game journalists post here makes it even better.

The horror stories come from banned members, of course.

The_Monk

Okay, cool

Welcome fellow GAFfer, don't believe in horror Stories. There's something much more kind and powerful in this Community that goes behind any rumor you might have heard. Just be polite and enjoy your stay, you won't regret being part of this particular group of awesome people who share the same hobby as you.

kinggroin

Banned
So this'll be the game that takes Mario off his top spot huh? Don't have a PS3 anymore, but I certainly can get access to one for this game.

Any good YouTube clips showcasing the gameplay well?

Probably posted but IGN TLOU podcast mentions them hearing a rumour of possible PS3 pricedrop at E3 and that being a reason why the game was delayed after E3 for some bundles and shit. Could be nice. Depending how low they go I could see that + TLOU being a combo breaker of 360 being the best selling console for 24 months or whatever in the US. Unless of course the Xbox 360 mini or whatever for 99$ is released at the same time.

That open letter is fucking cool.

Thank you, amigo. :) Had to close the comments for fear of people spoiling it in the comments and I don't want that at all.

But thanks to all on here who gave it kind words. It's made my day, weekend, week and probably month to be honest. :)

antitrop

Thank you, amigo. :) Had to close the comments for fear of people spoiling it in the comments and I don't want that at all.

But thanks to all on here who gave it kind words. It's made my day, weekend, week and probably month to be honest. :)
After reading it...

I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME

spannicus

Trying to find this game is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Damn a guy in my city had one since the 6th and I just saw it ended on Ebay the same day. What was I doing, probably on GAF.

spannicus

The Last of Us |OT| I've had the game since last week.
The Last of Us l OT l I know the ending and I haven't even played the game

Shinjiru

In all games I just hover back and scan the area no matter how much narrative momentum it breaks. Expect I'll choose to do the same here. No corner left unseen for me <:D

Me too. I actually like it when games have optional toggles for objective points so I can use those to go in every other direction first before progressing.

i hate it when there is dialogue but its interrupted the moment you reach the invisible marker triggering a cutscene

will travel like a snail just to be safe

Right on. I always take my time on the first playthrough. Some games are so good that you can't help but linger on some sections during subsequent playthroughs too (BioShock Infinite as a recent example personally).

spannicus

Teasing should be bannable on GAF :lol

Hehe tell me about it, because of all the Gaffers that have been posting pics of them with the game, I have been on a nonstop hunt to find it. Damn I do not think that I have ever wanted a game so bad. The Last of Us lOTl Mommy whats wrong with my thing?

Hehe tell me about it, because of all the Gaffers that have been posting pics of them with the game, I have been on a nonstop hunt to find it. Damn I do not think that I have ever wanted a game so bad.

I've been doing the exact same thing in the hope that im lucky and someone has it for sale. Guess Ill have to wait until Wednesday-Friday for my copy :(

When I used to play on the PS3 I always used ShopTo as my go to site as I always got games early. I used to regularly receive the games on a Wednesday or Tuesday when they were out on a Friday. Shame they closed my account for some reason even though I was a gold member and everything.

antitrop

are_you_ready_for_the___hurricane___gif_by_abunchofzombies-d4lz74l.gif

spannicus

I've been doing the exact same thing in the hope that im lucky and someone has it for sale. Guess Ill have to wait until Wednesday-Friday for my copy :(

When I used to play on the PS3 I always used ShopTo as my go to site as I always got games early. I used to regularly receive the games on a Wednesday or Tuesday when they were out on a Friday. Shame they closed my account for some reason even though I was a gold member and everything.

Someone in my town had a copy, but I didnt see it until today, it sold on the 6th on Ebay. I want to kick myself in the ass. This is the longest weekend ever, why the hell didnt E3 start today?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So I'm seeing that on CAG some people's online orders of Survival edition are getting cancelled, I guess things are not looking good :(

Naughty Dog...

Naughty Dog pls

Break your own street date :'(

They should announce this at e3.

Naughty Dog: Just kidding guys, the release day is actually Tuesday! Go buy it RIGHT NOW

kasane

So I'm seeing that on CAG some people's online orders of Survival edition are getting cancelled, I guess things are not looking good :(

Naughty Dog: Just kidding guys, the release day is actually Tuesday! Go buy it RIGHT NOW

Sega saturn. ;)

As long as they inform the retailers first so when I wake up in the morning my copy is sitting there. A man can dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom