• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us - Review Thread [Emargo up, scores in OP.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both The Road & Children of Men are incredible movies.

The Road will strike a bigger chord with you depending on how old you are. If you have kids or are of the expected child bearing age you will be devastated by it.

If you want another movie to watch, I'd recommend Stakeland

Vampires, not zombies but these are ravenous monsterous zombie-like vampires

But then you have the grizzled experienced mentor, the young innocent who travels with him, a journey across the US, the remaining humans living in guarded communities, evil bandit groups, a bleak violent world and tone

The movie's on Netflix Streaming if you're interested
Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNC2HwAaWWE

Ah cheers Ill have a look :)

I've never seen Children of Men, but I have it on BluRay. I should watch that tonight.

I've never seen The Road either, but I think I would rather read that book (or listen to the audiobook), I heard the film was straight up bad.

EDIT: After looking up reviews for The Road, whoever told me it was bad seems like an idiot.

Not post-apocalyptic or post-pandemic, but No Country For Old Men was another source of inspiration for this game. Maybe you've already it which is why you haven't listed it and I missed that discussion so this post is pointless *takes a breath* But if you haven't, watch that too.

mackaveli

None really comes to mind with the narrative focus from the recent Naughty Dog games. Gears of War comes close but its narrative and story is more bland and the gameplay comes off at this point as generic despite the fact that it once popularized the third person shooter industry.

But yeah for the cinematic focus, I think its largely been on PS3.

That's what I thought which is why I love my PS3.

The single player experience is great.

But if any other posters have suggestions I'll gladly look into getting it for Xbox 360.

I haven't played much games in a long time and man TLOU has got me pumped to play games again.

I just hope other studios can follow. Hope Beyond is good and hope Naughty Dogs have a game that comes out within a year of PS4 launch.

I've never seen Children of Men, but I have it on BluRay. I should watch that tonight.

I've never seen The Road either, but I think I would rather read that book (or listen to the audiobook), I heard the film was straight up bad.

EDIT: After looking up reviews for The Road, whoever told me it was bad seems like an idiot.

The book is great, although I'll never understand why Cormac McCarthy disagrees with the speech-mark

I'm not leaving without my OT, I'm here with my fellow GAFfers until we are...

...The Last of Us

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

antitrop

Not post-apocalyptic or post-pandemic, but No Country For Old Men was another source of inspiration for this game. Maybe you're already it which is why you haven't listed it and I missed that discussion so this post is pointless *takes a breath* But if you haven't, watch that too.
Ya, I actually just watched No Country for the first time a few months ago on a whim. Stellar film.

The Book is so much better (as they usually are), I connected so much more to the characters reading than the movie conveyed to me

Almost 8:40 PM in the east coast. I think I am going to play some Planetside 2 soon. BTW Children of Men is a boring movie :p

I couldn't finish it. just wasn't that engaging. It got a lot of hype a few years ago in no small part to the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD wars that broke out around the time of release. (COM was exclusive to HD-DVD).

The book is great, although I'll never understand why Cormac McCarthy disagrees with the speech-mark

I loved The Road, both the book and movie

I'm a huge fan of the apocalyptic genre.
If anyone wants some good zombie fiction to past the time till Thursday/Friday:
- World War Z (obviously), my favorite zombie novel ever
- Tooth and Nail by Craig Dilouie (think Black Hawk Down meets zombies, a grunt on the ground style of a zombie outbreak in Manhattan)
- Autumn by David Moody (a slow burn zombie novel, more about the humans than zombies)
- Hater by David Moody (a different take on the infected genre, with a very cool twist halfway through the changes the novel and the rest of the trilogy)
- Vacation by Matthew Costello (a zombie novel that takes place after the outbreak, as humanity is making a comeback)

antitrop

- Tooth and Nail by Craig Dilouie (think Black Hawk Down meets zombies, a grunt on the ground style of a zombie outbreak in Manhattan)

Now there's something that sounds interesting.

Lucent

neogaf_inspiration_by_lucent85-d68basg.png

I spent more time on this than I should have (not that good to draw faster) but those posts made me think of this for some reason.

Pranay

"Lyin' on the couch watchin' Sunday football. That...greasy smell of a downtown hot dog. 4th of July, family barbeques. The sound of a plane flying overhead. Just one peaceful night; a clean conscience -- all gone..."

6 am here , 97% ot done

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
"Lyin' on the couch watchin' Sunday football. That...greasy smell of a downtown hot dog. 4th of July, family barbeques. The sound of a plane flying overhead. Just one peaceful night; a clean conscience -- all gone..."

6 am here , 97% ot done
When will the lies end?

I loved The Road, both the book and movie

- World War Z (obviously), my favorite zombie novel ever
- Autumn by David Moody (a slow burn zombie novel, more about the humans than zombies)
- Hater by David Moody (a different take on the infected genre, with a very cool twist halfway through the changes the novel and the rest of the trilogy)
- Vacation by Matthew Costello (a zombie novel that takes place after the outbreak, as humanity is making a comeback)

Not sure many people of heard of it but Threads was a film made by the BBC when the cold war was on. Its about what would happen if a nuclear bomb were to hit England. It was a big thing when it was aired here in England kids were told at school not to watch it (of course this made them want to watch it). I recommend watching it. I hink its free o watch on Youtube, I would post a link but im on my Vita.

Vire

6 am here , 97% ot done

Quick, close the tab!

The review thread must live on.

Pranay

lol im off to sleep , ot should be up after 5 / 6 hrs after i wake up , i seriously had no strength @ 4 :30 am to complete , gathered all the stuff together.

Got trolled bigtime by my stupidity lol

lol im off to sleep , ot should be up after 5 / 6 hrs , i seriously had no strength @ 4 :30 am to complete , gathered all the stuff together.

You're gonna go to sleep at an alleged 97% done? Lol. OT making privileges revoked!

antitrop

lol im off to sleep , ot should be up after 5 / 6 hrs after i wake up , i seriously had no strength @ 4 :30 am to complete , gathered all the stuff together.

Post it now and edit in the remaining 3% later?

I mean, I understand and I'm sympathetic, but it is getting a bit ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom