• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Durante

If that's the case then, extrapolating from my FC playtime, SC will probably take me ~4 years.

So XSEED has plenty of time to do TC :p

max_505

SC took me about 60 hours. I probably skipped everything optional. Also, since this is a Tits game, im sure 20~30% of that 60 hours was dialogue.

Good Lord. It might take me 100+ hours because I'm planning to read all the NPC dialogue every time it changes. The $30 price is so worth it.

Zephyx

I still need to buy and finish FC then get this game afterwards. I got it on my PSP but I already sold it. I'll probably buy FC on the next sale then get this game right after I finish it.

Arthea

Today is the day
I hope my laptop can run it, because if not, I'll have to wait until I fix my PC, that would be too hard.

aravuus

Between work, school, girlfriend and other games, I probably won't finish SC this year lol

Unless I get long christmas holidays, which is doubtful to say the least. Maybe a couple of days which I should spend with the family.

Between work, school, girlfriend and other games, I probably won't finish SC this year lol

Unless I get long christmas holidays, which is doubtful to say the least. Maybe a couple of days which I should spend with the family.

I've not even started FC despite owning a physical PSP copy AND the Steam release. Going to be a while on my end.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I've not even started FC despite owning a physical PSP copy AND the Steam release. Going to be a while on my end.

Heck it's been 4 years since I last finished FC. I hope I remember what happens and I'll still be able to keep track.

Also copying my save from PSP to Vita is quite a pain :<

BPW34JX.jpg

I didn't know Vash the Stampede was in this game.

This is one of the few times where working overnight is a perk. I can start downloading the game as soon as it's ready to go on Steam!

I just finished reading the News reports and the 100 Day War books in my file. This definitely was helpful for getting a general overview of the plot, and the blanks that I have left I can fill in by picking at specific sections in the LP instead of reading the whole thing.

I also took a look at my save file, which was at about 88 hours, if you factor in how long it would take to watch the ending. It looks like SC is easily going to be in the triple digits for me. Granted I was one of those guys that tried to talk to all the NPCs, so a more casual playthrough would probably be much shorter.

Less than 5 more hours, wow.

Gu4n

I just finished reading the News reports and the 100 Day War books in my file. This definitely was helpful for getting a general overview of the plot, and the blanks that I have left I can fill in by picking at specific sections in the LP instead of reading the whole thing.
That's a good point. I can also wholeheartedly recommend to read FC's Carnelia in preparation for Trails of Cold Steel.

Someone please tell me that Olivier is a permanent party member this time.
He was permanent in the first game, but if you mean do you have access to him at every point in this game,
the answer is no. Story still dictates who you can use throughout the story at different intervals, but you have more choice than in FC. And almost every character, Olivier included, is available for use at the very end.

Varion

Wasn't 3rd changed/censored on PSP by Falcom? And that censored version is now the canon one? I don't know what that impacts, but I do wonder how it would be handled in a western release.

Guess that's thinking a little far ahead though. SC is out today in my time zone. So weird, after so long.
The first part's been answered already, but no, the PC version hasn't been wiped from canon or anything. There's a reference to the cut section in Zero PSP, for one thing, and nothing that happened in that part is contradicted by anything else later in the series. There is speculation that Falcom changed direction on a certain plot point relating to it as a result of moving off the PC, but there's no hard evidence for that, and I'm not sure I personally buy it to begin with.

So yeah, both versions of the scene are canon, just one version skips half of it. Doesn't mean what happened in the skipped part didn't really happen, though.

Someone please tell me that Olivier is a permanent party member this time.
If you really want to know:
He's not in your party for the whole game, but he is for the vast majority of it. One of the first characters to join.

Can someone PM me what happens in the longer scene of TC? All I can find are things like what have been posted in this thread (only half the scene removed, implied actions are still there) but I would like to know.

So my four year gambit to stop playing FC at chapter 4 and wait for the SC release has failed me... I'm only at the Royal Villa rescue and here we are at SC release date...

Can someone PM me what happens in the longer scene of TC? All I can find are things like what have been posted in this thread (only half the scene removed, implied actions are still there) but I would like to know.

So my four year gambit to stop playing FC at chapter 4 and wait for the SC release has failed me... I'm only at the Royal Villa rescue and here we are at SC release date...
Meanwhile, do you even remember the general plot of the first 4 chapters? ;P

Demonfang

Banned
So I haven't played the game since it came out.

I don't have much time, do you think it's worth playing through again before jumping to SC? I forgot basically everything.

Dio

Banned
So I haven't played the game since it came out.

I don't have much time, do you think it's worth playing through again before jumping to SC? I forgot basically everything.

SC is a direct sequel that picks up directly after the ending of 1 and FC is required. Replay it if you want, but there are other solutions in this thread (the LP, videos, etc) you can use if you don't have time for that.

max_505

It's surreal, to be honest. There was a point where I didn't even think that SC would ever be localized.... but here we are near the finish line.

Eusis

It's surreal, to be honest. There was a point where I didn't even think that SC would ever be localized.... but here we are near the finish line.
I stayed cautiously optimistic. Between the PC version and porting it around there had to be a way.

Wasn't optimistic about getting it FAST though. And 4 years, wow, there's consoles that lived full lives in that span.
Like the Vita seemingly, unfortunately.

So this comes out in less than 3hrs everywhere? Including PSN?? I need this on Vita now

Edit:nvmd I see the countdown is for steam.

Any idea when the PSN version comes out? Is it today at least?

Meanwhile, do you even remember the general plot of the first 4 chapters? ;P

Yes, I caught up quickly. Enough people show up during the Royal banquet after the tournament to get you up to speed on the other parts of liberl.

Biggest thing I had forgotten was that at the beginning of the game there is an animated cutscene. I was convinced that there wasn't.

I'm so close... I can taste it.

Demonfang

Banned
SC is a direct sequel that picks up directly after the ending of 1 and FC is required. Replay it if you want, but there are other solutions in this thread (the LP, videos, etc) you can use if you don't have time for that.

Thanks! I was mainly wondering if SC plays catch up with the player and reminds them of previous events. I'll probably get round to playing it around xmas time when I have time off.

Don't worry XSEED i'll purchase to support you guys still ^_^

squall211

The hype is starting to really hit me now. Between FC and SC, I've got... what, like 80 hours of RPG ahead of me? I play through RPGs pretty damn quick, but if that's a realistic estimate... holy shit.

I heard SC is a solid 80 hours by itself, and my playtime on FC was probably around 50 hours.

Eusis

Tom said 9AM PST and that's what the Steam page seems to be counting down to, so I'm guessing 9? Not sure where the 10AM figure came from either.
Usual Steam release time. Also I guess better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Any insight for the GoG release yet?

Allz I know is that they just released a patch for FC on GOG, which I believe compiles the last couple Steam patches.

The release of SC will probably be in a few hours, to line up with Steam.

Top Bottom