• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

zakujanai

FC and SC took me 41 and 103 hours, respectively.

How long is SC? I got around 45 hours in FC.

If that's the case then, extrapolating from my FC playtime, SC will probably take me ~4 years.

So XSEED has plenty of time to do TC :p

I took over 60 hours playing FC, SC is going to take me a very long time (and that's very much ok with me).

I seriously can't believe that I'll actually have this in an hour, 4 long years.

Finally I'll know who the hell "Ren" is that I bought a nendoroid of and has pride of place next to my Estelle one.

Thanks for the response! I guess I was a little closer to the end than I thought. Looks like I know what I'm doing this weekend. Nice to hear how the story continues to build on itself. I was impressed with all the details put in the characters in the game. NPCs that change dialogue is the best.

there is no consistent time, and it updates on tuesday so today is an exception

Oh ok.

Finalow

the final boss was so stupidly tedious, not hard at all and the entire fight took at least 2 hours without S-crafts. worst boss in the game by far

anyway, joined the 0.5% club at last :^)

51335.png

That's a good idea. He's supposed to be mysterious in FC and we don't know much of anything about him.
I think the FC ending cutscenes give some hints about who the guy is. (possible SC spoilers? Haven't played the game, just assumptions)

Weismann mentions at some point, "even with HIM, you shouldn't throw away the love of Estelle/Cassius by joining us again" or something, meaning that the guy is/was probably very important to Joshua, family I'm thinking.
then when Joshua talks about his past you see him being with Joshua when Weismann comes to their house. so maybe he could have been his older brother?
that's what I understood from those scenes anyway.

incidentally, am I the only one who guessed the main villain identity 40 hours before the actual reveal? It's almost obvious, his icon when
he opens his eyes
is screaming "hey I'm shady as fuck, think about it!"

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
As someone who generally doesn't like JRPGs - especially about kids saving the world that are full of inane banter that's supposed to be funny but really isn't - but who did love Chrono Trigger and FF6, would I like this game?

Ralemont

not me
As someone who generally doesn't like JRPGs - especially about kids saving the world that are full of inane banter that's supposed to be funny but really isn't - but who did love Chrono Trigger and FF6, would I like this game?

I thought that Trails in the Sky had a lot of legitimately funny and charming moments. I didn't know anything about it when I bought it blindly on Amazon, and I could immediately tell a difference in either writing or translation quality from most other JRPGs.

krYlon

I don't generally like JRPGs but I love this. It's not about world saving, more a coming of age story and learning about the world. The world building is fantastic.

Whether the dialogue is inane or not is probably subjective. There is a LOT of it. I always found it charming and down-to-earth and it really fleshes out the characters but I know some people found it pointless.

I'm not particularly crazy about CT or FF6 either though so I may be the wrong person to give advice. Planescape is my favourite rpg though (if you like that, never can tell with tags lol).

Finalow

as far as FC goes, yes. can't tell you that it's the next CT/FF6 but the writing is quite good and it manages to keep the characters interesting. so yes, you probably would.

Slathe

Anyone else having trouble with the psp save link in the first post? Also any tips on hire to install on a vita?

Dice//

Banned

Tenebrous

so I can't pre-order/buy the game until it's out uh

uh

I believe that's Valve's choice this time... Weird one, I don't know why.

Sucks that SC has to launch the same day the Halloween sale is supposed to kick off. Hopefully not too many sales are lost.

FLD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! It's out! It's really out! And it's in my Steam library!

..and I have to leave for my stupid midterm in like 15mins. :(

Can't wait to get back here and play until I pass out, though!

zakujanai

I'll have this in just over an hour. I actually welled up a little when I realised this (I know, I'm pathetic).

Going to be the worst night in work ever with this sat at home waiting for me.

max_505

Clicking that "buy" button felt so satisfying. Let's enjoy the game, guys!

Before I forget...... Thanks a lot, XSEED!

Varion

Can't believe this day has finally come. Really hope everyone enjoys it and it's worth the insanely long wait everyone's had to endure. Still my second favourite game in the series, so hopefully it should be.

(First is still Ao, though. Buy five copies so that can be localised too. You know you want to.)

checked my original clear file. level 39, at 49 hours. good enough for me. i won't reach these numbers with my replay.
hopefully i'll be strong enough for the last boss, lol.

Eila

Yikes at the russian price.
Any reason why the other generally cheaper regions aren't as cheap as usual?

Top Bottom