• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 |OT| Class Reunion

Bladenic

About the boss battle after the scene in Bareahard 1-3:

So, I just got destroyed by
Duvalie and McBurn.
Is there any point to restarting the game and trying again if you get completely destroyed? I really want those three AP, but is it worth it?

I think not. You can make up that AP later in the game and still get A0 rank. Only think is you won't get an S rank for that part but that's not a huge deal.

Alucrid

Banned
Enough spoiler talk.

Where in the world can I grind the "cancel 100 enemy arts trophy?"

I kill things pretty easy now that I am in new game+. I can only imagine a strategy at this point would be to equip the weakest weapons on my chars along with Impede 1 & 2 and hope for the best.

Any good spot?

spoilers if you haven't finished the game

that side quest in baerhart (sp) where you fight the giant slime in the sewer to stop the statue from discoloring. the normal slime enemies cast a lot of artes

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
OMGOMGOGMGOGMGGSOJGSJKWIOUR$@Qfjksdlkfjsdfkjlsdf

Epilogue spoilers

LLOYD BANNINGS IN THE HOUSE

His English VA is PERFECT. Absolutely perfect. They nailed the gung-ho hero air he has about him. I knew this moment was coming but I was super excited during this entire side story. And then REAN IS THE FINAL BOSS???

The difficulty balance during this sidestory was also suddenly much better than the main game. I wish the entire game felt like that. Unfortunately I had the Rean-Osborne twist spoiled for me months ago.

OMGOMGOGMGOGMGGSOJGSJKWIOUR$@Qfjksdlkfjsdfkjlsdf

Epilogue spoilers

LLOYD BANNINGS IN THE HOUSE

His English VA is PERFECT. Absolutely perfect. They nailed the gung-ho hero air he has about him. I knew this moment was coming but I was super excited during this entire side story. And then REAN IS THE FINAL BOSS???

The difficulty balance during this sidestory was also suddenly much better than the main game. I wish the entire game felt like that. Unfortunately I had the Rean-Osborne twist spoiled for me months ago.

I imagine it is much easier to balance the game when the orbment placement is fixed in place.

[Epilogue]
Lloyd appearing is pretty awesome, though, even though I'm not familiar with him at all. I just wish they eased up with all the name-drops.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I imagine it is much easier to balance the game when the orbment placement is fixed in place.

[Epilogue]
Lloyd appearing is pretty awesome, though, even though I'm not familiar with him at all. I just wish they eased up with all the name-drops.
Yeah, I've only seen what's translated of Zero on Youtube so far, so I'm not too familiar with him either. The appeal for me came from the constant Crossbell references throughout the past two games. It was like a giant snowball that finally appeared as Lloyd after everything was over - when you hear his voiceover and see the transition over to Crossbell, I got this feeling like, so this is who's been at the center of all those strange things that have been going on. Seeing Rean from another perspective was interesting, too. It instantly made Erebonia feel like the big bad it was made out to be in Sky again.

The name drops were almost hilarious from someone who hasn't played any Crossbell games. It might as well have been mostly gibberish, haha.

jman2050

(Epilogue spoilers) Oh god I thought I was done with
running around Trista like a headless chicken being Towa's lap dog for an hour
why do you have to wait until the very end to spite me Falcom whhhhhy.

A quick question to people who have played this game. I'm currently replaying CS1 in order to get my Towa/Sara save ready before starting this. (don't wanna know any details about those relationships in second game so please no spoilers!)

Anyway, I was wondering if I might feel series fatigue if I jump over to CS2 right after finishing CS1. Anyone else has replayed CS1 before going in to CS2? Did you guys feel any fatigue playing them back to back?

I'm very hyped for this game so I wanna make sure that I don't ruin my first playthrough of it.

A quick question to people who have played this game. I'm currently replaying CS1 in order to get my Towa/Sara save ready before starting this. (don't wanna know any details about those relationships in second game so please no spoilers!)

Anyway, I was wondering if I might feel series fatigue if I jump over to CS2 right after finishing CS1. Anyone else has replayed CS1 before going in to CS2? Did you guys feel any fatigue playing them back to back?

I'm very hyped for this game so I wanna make sure that I don't ruin my first playthrough of it.
I waited to play CS1 until CS2 release date was nearing. I played CS1 to completion 4 days before CS2 release. When CS2 hit, I put in 82 hours over 12 days

Hikami

I did my replay right before the game came out to get the A0 ranking and the other save transfer bonuses, didn't really feel any faitgue.

I did a full replay right before CS2 hit, and I didn't feel burnt-out at all.

I waited to play CS1 until CS2 release date was nearing. I played CS1 to completion 4 days before CS2 release. When CS2 hit, I put in 82 hours over 12 days
I did my replay right before the game came out to get the A0 ranking and the other save transfer bonuses, didn't really feel any faitgue.
I did a full replay right before CS2 hit, and I didn't feel burnt-out at all.
Thanks guys. Then I guess I'll start CS2 with no worries after I'm done with CS1 :)

SolVanderlyn

I need time to process this ending.

Will give my thoughts on the Cold Steel games as a whole later. I feel like English-only Trails fans are still missing a gigantic chunk of the overall story, but I'm still really interested to see where it goes from here. We at least know Cold Steel III is being made, so that solves the mystery of where the next game will pick up that nebulous ending. Western Erebonia game, here we go.

Cornbread78

She really grew on me in this game. I do wish there was more Millium/Jusis tho :( of course I never had them in the same party either

They definitely upped the playful side of her as evidence with her initial reunion with Rean, lol. It's funny to have that scene, then a little more maturity to it..

the character that grew the most for me between games was definitely Fie. Kind've expected that she would, but I ended up liking how she was handled more than I expected.

Millium was an improvement as well.

SolVanderlyn

Adol's Ys VIII incarnation is what I imagine an older Elliot looking like. Especially with the artwork in this video

014_large.jpg

still early in the game; act 2 part one but I find Class objective pretty lolworthy bascially their motto is
"We don't want to be on the side of either the Imperial or the nobel alliance.....buuuuuuut most of our objectives do coincide with stopping the nobles.....and accepting help from the imperial army"

like wut! maybe it'll change later in the game but come on Rean(and the rest of class VII)
you know you picked a side!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Made it up ta the second rest day just now! That means more snowboarding! Think its about time I tip the balance of playtime back in this games favor over DQ7 since this ones much more fun!

Wish fishing spots weren't so touchy! I get the notification ones nearby but still gotta wiggle back an forth to find the right spot! The second shrine boss killed me easily until I grinded out a couple levels, then the tables were turned! Game needs more robot battles btw. I wanna summon Valimar in the midst of ant ol' random battle an squash baddies with impunity Xenogears-style!

Ok I finished chapter 1 and got all the AP except for 3 (111 instead of 114). The guide mentions something about 3 ap at the end for some kind of link XP thing? I didnt get that apparently. What am I supposed to do for that last bit of AP?

EDIT: nevermind I looked at the wrong one lol

Thoraxes

(Epilogue spoilers) Oh god I thought I was done with
running around Trista like a headless chicken being Towa's lap dog for an hour
why do you have to wait until the very end to spite me Falcom whhhhhy.

There's a great hidden request at the end.

Psxphile

Middle of Act II. Part 3 to be exact, ready to tackle
the shrines
. Curious about one thing though:
I've been ignoring the Cryptids that have been popping up all over so far. What's the cut-off point before I lose my chance to take them out? I thought I remembered seeing one on Ebel Highway 2 during Part 1 or 2 but I recently went back again and it was gone. Or is my memory playing tricks on me? Seems the other ones I've seen around are still there.

Bladenic

Middle of Act II. Part 3 to be exact, ready to tackle
the shrines
. Curious about one thing though:
I've been ignoring the Cryptids that have been popping up all over so far. What's the cut-off point before I lose my chance to take them out? I thought I remembered seeing one on Ebel Highway 2 during Part 1 or 2 but I recently went back again and it was gone. Or is my memory playing tricks on me? Seems the other ones I've seen around are still there.

The beginning of act 3 before beginning operation is the cutoff.

Shit, shit shit!

Act 1 Part 3 beginning spoilers:

Who the hell do I
bring with as my party members to the 3rd region!?

The last 3
classmates to recruit are Jusis, Laura and Emma
so I want to bring
the team that has the best reunion dynamic with them
, but it’s so hard!

I made the pragmatic choice with Part 2
bring Claire which was new to the team instead of Toval, bring Fie/Elliot which did not get their bonding points event
and it worked out well with the
Claire/Millium
aspect and
Fie/Elliot seems to work well with the military/Fie/Mink angle too
Feels like it was the most suitable lineup.

But for Part 3 I need some advise because…

Given that I want to bring Sharon as my guest member, it feel appropriate to bring Alisa and I want to build up Alisa as the canon waifu anyway, so her Link level takes priority. But bringing Alisa as the team mate effectively limits who is best for the next team dynamic/relationship.

Laura has her relationship with Fie, so bringing Fie for the reunion might be cool, but at the same time, they’re both pretty stable characters, so Fie is not high on my list. Gaius, Elliot are out too, since there’s nothing interesting for them from that angle.

But I’m not sure who’s better between Millum and Machias. I really like the Jusis/Millum relationship, but it’s also a bickerish relationship without any real drama, whereas Machias/Jusis relationship has proper conflict setup that could benefit from the story arc

Logically, I would bring
Machias and Millium
but given the
Sharon
factor, it feels so lose-lose. I need some advise from those who has tried out different combinations.

So then the question is: How many parts/chapters in Act 2?

I believe there are
4 Parts
to Act 2. There's nothing to worry, though. You'd still have the chance to beat all of them until the middle of Act 3 and the game relays very, very clearly when the cut-off point is.

Shit, shit shit!

Act 1 Part 3 beginning spoilers:

Who the hell do I
bring with as my party members to the 3rd region!?

[SPOILER SNIP!]

Logically, I would bring
Machias and Millium
but given the
Sharon
factor, it feels so lose-lose. I need some advise from those who has tried out different combinations.

Personally, bringing [vague Act 1 thingies]
Machias was a disappointment. Neither of them actually got to say/do much, honestly, but I had more expectations for Machias and he simply didn't deliver. In the end I like Millium's version of events more.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sort of late game spoilers about crossbell stuff
so I guess that big ass tree in the Crossbell hemisphere is something that happens in those series of games which we'll never get to find out in English huh ..

can someone either write a brief summary or post a link to any source that provides a summary of the plot(s) of those two games ?

Thoraxes

Sort of late game spoilers about crossbell stuff
so I guess that big ass tree in the Crossbell hemisphere is something that happens in those series of games which we'll never get to find out in English huh ..

can someone either write a brief summary or post a link to any source that provides a summary of the plot(s) of those two games ?

Never say never.

Keep supporting this series and more games will likely happen~

jman2050

Just finished it, game was great, might even be better than SC to me but I can't say for sure without mulling it over for a bit.

Do want to address one thing.

I can see where you're coming from, but I just don't see any reason
some of them have to return, again, beyond just being Class VII. Eliott doesn't even want to fight. Machias truly has no purpose, his mandatory party member section felt so shoehorned since his reunion with his dad was like 3 lines (despite the fact that his dad was MIA the entire game) and more important shit happened during and after. Alisa will return because she's the heroine even though in terms of actual story significance she's far below Emma and arguably Laura and Fie too. Gaius has no reason to return. Emma is a sure thing later down the line, even as an important NPC. Laura and Fie at least have strong ties to some ancillary story events. Jusis I can see because of Rufus. Millium is fairly important although I can totally see Altina taking her part as playable. I dunno, I mean, I won't be mad if they all return as fully playable, but I would prefer new faces (in terms of playable, not necessarily new characters but that's welcome too.

As long as Elise dies, anything else is fine with me. Towa can stay gone too. Basically any 12 year old looking girl with annoying voices can disappear.

Ending spoilers about obviously

Them being Class VII is the ENTIRE reason. We have a group of people from very different backgrounds and who have very divergent duties and responsibilities but have formed such a strong bond and established such strong camaraderie that everyone is willing to fight for the sake of everyone else in the group without hesitation. There are multiple points in the game where a Class VII member attempts to bear personal responsibility during a crisis only for the rest to say "nah, we all got your back." They're pretty much beating you over the head with it.

Seriously though, this isn't just some incidental plot device. The formation and growth of Class VII is the core foundation of both of these games above everything else and I expect that theme to continue into CS3 even if they don't end up being the primary focus.

I mean hell, the game LITERALLY tells you the final dungeon and final boss are completely pointless. The whole thing in-universe was basically an exercise to show how strong Class VII had become.

Bladenic

Just finished it, game was great, might even be better than SC to me but I can't say for sure without mulling it over for a bit.

Do want to address one thing.

Ending spoilers about obviously

Them being Class VII is the ENTIRE reason. We have a group of people from very different backgrounds and who have very divergent duties and responsibilities but have formed such a strong bond and established such strong camaraderie that everyone is willing to fight for the sake of everyone else in the group without hesitation. There are multiple points in the game where a Class VII member attempts to bear personal responsibility during a crisis only for the rest to say "nah, we all got your back." They're pretty much beating you over the head with it.

Seriously though, this isn't just some incidental plot device. The formation and growth of Class VII is the core foundation of both of these games above everything else and I expect that theme to continue into CS3 even if they don't end up being the primary focus.

I mean hell, the game LITERALLY tells you the final dungeon and final boss are completely pointless. The whole thing in-universe was basically an exercise to show how strong Class VII had become.

Obviously, and I've no doubt they all will. I just wouldn't be upset or surprised if it's in a smaller capacity, especially for some of them.

Frankly, I'm more concerned with
exploring The rest of Erebonia. There's still SO MUCH LEFT. Like all of Western Erebonia and multiple locations from CS1 that only group B went to. I better not have to visit boring ass Celdic again.

Thoraxes

Obviously, and I've no doubt they all will. I just wouldn't be upset or surprised if it's in a smaller capacity, especially for some of them.

exploring The rest of Erebonia. There's still SO MUCH LEFT. Like all of Western Erebonia and multiple locations from CS1 that only group B went to. I better not have to visit boring ass Celdic again.

End of game spoilers
how about the new territory farthest east, now in 3D?
:p

Pretty much all the location group B went to are in Western Erebonia. [Character spoiler]
Le Guin and Bardias are stationed there and Barkhorn is going there.
These are all most likely teasers for the third game and I don't doubt we'd get to explore it.

Yu Narukami

Intermission.
Why does Rean want to become friends with a terrorist?
Also when did the class go to Ymir? Whas it during their vacation?

Top Bottom