• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra is Now Available for Digital Preorder on Xbox One ($14.99)

MavFan619

Banned
Can't get it on day of release but will have an all Platinum games purchasing week with this and Bayonetta 2. That's a good week.

jobrro

Preordered on PS4, haven't seen the show yet. Debating in my mind whether to watch before playing or not, just so many episodes if you add in Avatar.

Preordered on PS4, haven't seen the show yet. Debating in my mind whether to watch before playing or not, just so many episodes if you add in Avatar.

Skip an episode titled "The Great Divide." There, there is now one less episode for you to watch.

It's such a bad episode that the creators admitted it was a mistake and considered not putting it on the DVDs.

Slixshot

Banned
It's Platinum, it's going to be good

Anarchy Reigns begs to differ. That being said, fingers crossed this is a fun one.

The $15 price point is honestly what has me worried because I feel like they sat down at a table and said "how much is this really worth?" whereas a lot of people make it seem like they said "let's cut everyone some slack and ship this nice and cheap"... If you understand what I'm getting at.

Anarchy Reigns begs to differ. That being said, fingers crossed this is a fun one.

The $15 price point is honestly what has me worried because I feel like they sat down at a table and said "how much is this really worth?" whereas a lot of people make it seem like they said "let's cut everyone some slack and ship this nice and cheap"... If you understand what I'm getting at.

That's not really how these things work. They start out with a budget in mind, Nick looked at the list of available developers and suggested Platinum, they approached platinum with the scope and money they had projected, and they made that game.

jobrro

It's my favorite cartoon/anime of all time. It's worth watching.
Skip an episode titled "The Great Divide." There, there is now one less episode for you to watch.

It's such a bad episode that the creators admitted it was a mistake and considered not putting it on the DVDs.

OK, think I might start watching then. Have Bayonetta 2 for my Platinum fix until I've finished Book 2 of Korra.

Everything else they've put out has been great, all companies have a misstep somewhere (even though I personally enjoyed Anarchy Reigns a lot)

At this point, I'll buy anything Platinum puts out, sight unseen. The only game of theirs I've disliked is Mad World, but the Wii Waggle Era was such a dark time in the histories of pretty much every multi-platform developer that I don't hold it against them.

The fact that they're making a game based on a show I already loved is just icing on the cake. I can't wait.

Slixshot

Banned
That's not really how these things work. They start out with a budget in mind, Nick looked at the list of available developers and suggested Platinum, they approached platinum with the scope and money they had projected, and they made that game.

True, but that still begs the question "what can we make with this budget?" Which will impact the size and scope of the game.

BadWolf

True, but that still begs the question "what can we make with this budget?" Which will impact the size and scope of the game.

The thing is though that the world, the characters and everything else already exists. They don't need to create any of that. The cutscenes also are being handled by someone else iirc.

PG just needed to worry about the actual game and combat. And even then they were able to borrow quite a bit from previous games ala DMC (style switching) and Bayonetta (moves, Beast Within etc.).

At the end of the day a budget PG game will still probably play way better than the majority of the stuff out there.

Alx

Nice price. I don't think I'll preorder, but if it keeps true to platinum reputation, I'll probably buy it.

Slixshot

Banned
Well of course, but what were you expecting?

My expectations are just that. I'm worried for the other people in some of these threads and for reviewers. I want a big budget version

It'll probably be a short, corridor-driven game where you fight a bunch of enemies over and over as fast as you can.

So, standard Platinum fare.

That's true. I hope the content is varied enough though that I would want to replay it.

Mesoian

Disagree. It took major balls to end the season like they did.

Eh, it came off like someone who saw The Godfather for the first time two months before and said, "THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!" The execution was sloppy and the fact that Amon's intentions were ruined by petty revenge really cheapened the entire season.

Zaheer may have been an idiot, but he had conviction.

Preordered. I never saw the show, but I have seen the rule 34.

qYXgMA6.gif

Coolluck

OK, think I might start watching then. Have Bayonetta 2 for my Platinum fix until I've finished Book 2 of Korra.

The Great Divide is from Avatar: The Last Airbender and not Korra just as an FYI. I really wonder how necessary the show will be to understanding the game. I'd wager it won't be very much and will just feed into the state of things at the start of Book 3.

TimmiT

jobrro

Well the PS4 version preloaded for me overnight. Probably not going to get around to playing for 2-3 weeks or so as I am only around halfway through the first season of Avatar.

Wanderer5

Blah wish steam had pre-load too, oh well. I would have love to see a full retail game out of this, but as if it still a lot of fun, I will take it.

ohlawd

Because people care about this resolutions thing so much: Atsushi Kurooka (the producer of the game) has confirmed that it's 1080p on both PS4 and Xbox One, 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360: https://twitter.com/PG_kurooka/status/523046287231311873

The only graphical options the PC version will have is setting the resolution: https://twitter.com/PG_kurooka/status/523048012247859201

And this should be obvious, but it will be 60fps: https://twitter.com/PG_kurooka/status/522187586152849408

good stuff

5 pm tho ;_;

Top Bottom