• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra is Now Available for Digital Preorder on Xbox One ($14.99)

Is this confirmed 60fps on console? You'd think it would be.

Because people care about this resolutions thing so much: Atsushi Kurooka (the producer of the game) has confirmed that it's 1080p on both PS4 and Xbox One, 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360: https://twitter.com/PG_kurooka/status/523046287231311873

The only graphical options the PC version will have is setting the resolution: https://twitter.com/PG_kurooka/status/523048012247859201

And this should be obvious, but it will be 60fps: https://twitter.com/PG_kurooka/status/522187586152849408

Yes sir or ma'am!

Anyone know the price for AUS? Can't find any mention of it on PS store.

Yeah it's still not up on the Aus PS store, for whatever reason. On the Xbox store it's $19.95, but you never really know with Sony. That Infamous SS DLC is $22.95, for some insane reason.

Chorazin

Platinum Games? Korra? $15?

Pre-loading as I type! Looks like it'll be the same on both platforms so I snagged it on Xbone.

pre-loaded on PS4..

Ready for tonight.

at $15 and knowing how I feel about Platinum Games' other efforts (and how much I like the show), this was an easy decision.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
A game based off a TV series...

These never turn out to be anything other than train wrecks for movies. Do I want to take the chance? *considers* I may just wait until someone uploads a playthrough to watch before deciding anything.

A game based off a TV series...

These never turn out to be anything other than train wrecks for movies. Do I want to take the chance? *considers* I may just wait until someone uploads a playthrough to watch before deciding anything.

That's because games like those don't normally have a company like Platinum behind them, no?

Lrrr

I was looking for reviews and found this.
8.5/10

There's no way I can regard that "review" with any seriousness. He said:

"The series has even drawn similarities with the HBO series Game of Thrones and has been highly regarded for its inclusion of stark sociopolitical issues such as political unrest and terrorism."

I have never seen anyone compare Legend of Korra with Game of Thrones. I would have laughed myself silly had they done so.

I couldn't preload on PSN, so I just took the plunge on XBO and pre-loaded it.

I figured since the game was only 2.9gig, it'd undoubtedly run the same as PS4. Thank you for confirming above, appreciated. As a dual console owner, it does matter to me personally.

I'm rather excited to get my hands on this. Being a recent fan of The Last Airbender / Korra, I'm glad the IP is in capable hands. The show-like animated scenes look fantastic.

Skilletor

There's no way I can regard that "review" with any seriousness. He said:

"The series has even drawn similarities with the HBO series Game of Thrones and has been highly regarded for its inclusion of stark sociopolitical issues such as political unrest and terrorism."

I have never seen anyone compare Legend of Korra with Game of Thrones. I would have laughed myself silly had they done so.

Go check out the ot subtitle for s3, lol.

BBboy20

Because people care about this resolutions thing so much: Atsushi Kurooka (the producer of the game) has confirmed that it's 1080p on both PS4 and Xbox One, 720p on PS3 and Xbox 360: https://twitter.com/PG_kurooka/status/523046287231311873
The context of my tweet was rather there were graphical parity or not (as in enhanced textures, shadowing, AA, etc) then just the resolution. Going by what he told me (and thus informing all of you), only the thing that will look different is resolution.

Despite the lack of graphical options, I might still get Korra on PC anyways.

JoeFenix

Didn't know this game was available for pre-order on PSN, thought we'd have to wait for Grace Chen Time tommorow!

Pretty cool, not expecting too much from it but I'm excited!

Jea Song

Did the right thing
I'll buy this with blind faith because in Platinum we trust.

This is what I pretty much did. I pre ordered on psn. Never heard of The legend of Korra, but after looking online at gameplay footage and interviews, the combat looks fun. Also, this was a great way for me to see how a digital preload works on PSN. It's cool how it already preloaded the game and now a countdown timer is on the game until its unlocked later tonight. Good stuff and im sure its worth the $15 price tag

Top Bottom