• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Having a hard time deciding on a second title...not a fighting game fan so SF4 and DOA are out...hmm.

Leaning towards Ridge Racer but I'd love others' opinions.

ZZMitch

AbsoluteZero said:
Having a hard time deciding on a second title...not a fighting game fan so SF4 and DOA are out...hmm.

Leaning towards Ridge Racer but I'd love others' opinions.

Ghost Recon. By far the best launch game. It is also really, really good in it's own right.

ZZMitch

Is there any way to know if my local target is going to have that deal? I got a $15 giftcard to target recently and I might as well use it now to get another 3DS game.

Sianos

Looks like I was a slow slowpoke exploring in Link's Awakening, so I'll be able to have a nice mix between classic 2D and 3D Zelda. <3

Cathcart

Ghost Recon is great. It's like a Fire Emblem game with a Clancy skin and designed by Justin Gallop (X-Com). Definitely the best 3DS game (until today).

Christ I forgot just how much I loved
the bombchu game and fishing. I got the Biggest Bomb Bag on my second go-around. Got the ten pounder. That thing was a BITCH. Thought I was gonna break my slide pad off :lol

cacophony

So if I'm getting a 3DS and OoT, Target is my best bet? OoT is really the only game I want but I guess I can get Riiiiiidge Racer too..

Also, the 3DS has the worst color selections ever, I can't believe they used that turquoise one as the main color.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Big Papa Husker said:
I'm at Walmart and they said its only available online. WTF?
That means they didn't read the date on the box and it in a pile with all the DVD's waiting to be put out on Tuesday.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Busaiku said:
None of you mooks better register this game before I get it.
Got it?

Screw you, man. First thing I do when I get the game is registering it on the Club.

And yet I'm sure I'll STILL miss the CD...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Gotta love 24 hour Walmart stores!!!

5847233969_12f5a1ec94_z.jpg

I got there at 12:05, and copies were already on the shelf!

The guy was kind of an asshole, though. I approached the register, and said that it was awesome they were already on the shelf, and that I appreciate it. He told me "Well, duh, it's a midnight release." So I politely told him I've had to ask many employees in the past to go on a wild goose chase in the back to find a game for midnight releases and he said that that never happens. [face_raised_brow]

Whatever, I don't really care. I have a long night ahead of me with one of my favorite games!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Big Papa Husker said:

Lol, same thing happened to me!

I debated with some old lady for thirty minutes about how it was suppose to be put out at midnight (or sometime Sunday), but she had no idea what Ocarina of Time 3D even was. Hell, she had never even heard of the fricken 3DS before. So she finally decides to look it up after "looking in the back with no results" *sigh* and she finds the stupid online store listing that says "only available online". So then she picks up her little walkie-talkie, calls the other workers that I had pursued into searching for it, and says "you can stop searching, we don't sell it in this store". At that point I was so dumbfounded at the ignorance of these workers that I decided to test my luck with Gamestop tomorrow morning. They better have some extra copies.

The Lamp

I guess I don't understand the fuss for a CD release of old MIDI tunes that have been on the web and stuff for years? Are there like orchestral pieces or something?

watershed

Banned
Skel1ingt0n said:

The guy was kind of an asshole, though. I approached the register, and said that it was awesome they were already on the shelf, and that I appreciate it. He told me "Well, duh, it's a midnight release." So I politely told him I've had to ask many employees in the past to go on a wild goose chase in the back to find a game for midnight releases and he said that that never happens. [face_raised_brow]

Whatever, I don't really care. I have a long night ahead of me with one of my favorite games!

God I am so jealous. I hate this wait despite having DQIX to tide me over.

snesfreak

Banned
Skel1ingt0n said:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/5847233969_12f5a1ec94_z.jpg[IMG]

Whatever, I don't really care. I have a long night ahead of me with one of my favorite games![/QUOTE]
I hate you.

ZZMitch said:
Ghost Recon. By far the best launch game. It is also really, really good in it's own right.

I agree. The thing I like about Fire Emblem is the characterisation and I wasn't expecting that to be a strong point of Ghost Recon but I was really pleasantly surprised. The game also has some awesome ambient sound effects.

Cranzor

After playing the fishing AR game on the 3DS for hours when it came out, I think I'm going to spend a lot of time fishing in this game since I never even tried it in the original. Can't wait.

Insaniac

Skel1ingt0n said:

I hate you

Trin3785 said:
what do you think the chances are of walmart selling this at midnight? might have to make a OoT run!

Chances are good. But CALL them to avoid a wasted trip. There are times when the games are sitting, literally, feet from the register but they won't tell you they have them (or aren't aware until later) or won't look for them. I've been to too many midnight release clusterfucks at Wal Mart to NOT call. Just my 2 cents!

Big Papa Husker said:

Mine only received five copies. :( I could believe that some received zero.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Skel1ingt0n said:

So envious. If I were you, I wouldn't be getting sleep tonight. I'd try to play this thing just like I'd read a Harry Potter book--non-stop right after I get it at midnight. And yes... Wal-Mart doesn't exactly have the best electronics salespeople.

I have to wait until noonish later to buy this. I want that soundtrack CD. I have the Majora's Mask, OoT orchestrated album, and the Majora's Mask orchestrated album, so I need this. I get the feeling that it's going to run out before I even get to register, though. :/

snesfreak said:
Hrmmm, thunderstorms all day tomorrow.
Might make it hard to get to K-Mart, don't want to wait till my Amazon copy gets here.
That kid played the Ocarina again!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
DownWithTheShip said:
How do you pronounce Ocarina?

I would think oh-ka-ree-na
Both pronunciations are correct.
1) /&#594;k&#601;&#712;ri&#720;n&#601;/ (Received Pronunciation)
2) /&#593;&#720;k&#601;&#712;ri&#720;n&#601;/ (US)

or:
1) awk-uh-ree-nuh
2) Oh-ka-ree-nuh

So both pronunciations are correct, depending on the dialect spoken. Also it means "little goose" in Italian (coming from oca)... which incidentally came from Vulgar Latin (*auca) and Latin's avicula (small bird). >.>

Edit: Fixed weird phonetic spelling. IPA should be universal, here. :lol

Edit 2: Hm... I went back to listen to the Catalan/Italian/Spanish/Portuguese pronunciation of oca, and it's [&#712;&#596;ka] or "oh-ka".

So basically... "Oh-ka-ree-nuh" is more correct when you look at it from an etymological perspective. But the other variation is correct as well when you look at it from an evolutionary and sociolinguistic standpoint. It's more of a sociolinguistics question than anything else. There is no "correct" pronunciation because language constantly changes.

Top Bottom