• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The man has been eating pizza exclusively every day for the past 25 years (Vice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigiv

A lot of vegetarians still eat dairy products and eggs.

But not normal cheese, which contains rennet, which comes from the stomachs of slaughtered cattle. Real vegetarians only eat rennet free cheese (which is not common). Given this guy gets all his pizza from regular pizza shops and supermarkets, clearly he is eating rennet.

Sane_Man

But not normal cheese, which contains rennet, which comes from the stomachs of slaughtered cattle. Real vegetarians only eat rennet free cheese (which is not common). Given this guy gets all his pizza from regular pizza shops and supermarkets, clearly he is eating rennet.

Maybe it's different in the US but rennet free cheese is much more common in the UK than cheese made with it. I barely ever find cheese with rennet.

I'm glad someone pointed this out, I was about to come in this thread and make a remark about how I hope he knows about rennet. Living in the US, that was one of the worse thing when I was a veggie, some cheese didn't even list it but then when you'd ask the company and they'd say that it was in there. Which pisses me off, if it's in the product, please list it in the ingredients list.

Nachos

You shouldn't be taking a Vice column as serious hard hitting journalism in the first place. It's an entertainment piece.

Oh, is it? This was the first article from them I've read. Well, I look a bit silly now.

This struck the wrong accord for me too. But then again it is VICE. They have to maintain their tough, rebelous, dissident and 'edgy' exterior, reputation somehow.

I guess the morale of the article is simply "You can live your entire life on pizza. Fuck what everybody else thinks!"

The guy has had blackouts on different occasions and is a confirmed diabetic.

Quality journalism at it's finest.

Besides the guy in the article has some difficulty with actually formulating good arguments that support his way of living. But hey, at least it ain't my lifestyle.

Well, I'm thinking the dude lives in Baltimore County, which, even if it isn't in the heart of Baltimore itself, still has its fair share of colorful folks out and about. Seems like he'd have an easier time fitting in there, even if most people tied to places even like MICA are still relatively normal.

Ok I think get it. This clown obviously doesn't tell his other endocrinologists that he eats nothing but pizza, so they look at his cholesterol and look at him and assume he's healthy. No way you tell a doctor you've been eating cheese fucking pizza for 23 years and not have them ask you what the hell is wrong with you, no matter how you appear physically or even if your cholesterol levels are fine.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Eating carbs doesn't make you diabetic.

That's exactly what it does, actually. Different thresholds for different people, obviously, but you should not be surprised if you get type 2 diabetes when every single meal consists mostly of bread and sugary sauce.

Ri'Orius

It was his loss. I've had Brunswick stew before, it is delicious.

So much this.

Don't get me wrong, five-year-olds can be picky eaters, and it sounds like he was legitimately abused over it. But I cannot abide this vicious attack on delicious food to stand.

To any of you all who find yourselves in North Carolina in the future, do yourselves a favor and get some Brunswick stew and barbecue. I know I make it a point to every time I go home for the holidays.

...and now I need to go searching for a recipe. My past attempts at cooking my own have failed, but maybe the next time will work... maybe...

lilltias

Why the fuck is it weird that a vegetarian hates vegetables? Are you guys that stupid? Do you think that is the only thing vegetarians eat or something? Veggies are not the main food for a vegetarian, jesus.

Foaloal

I wonder if there is a term for people who only eat one type of food ever, since there are at least a half dozen cases of this kind of thing I've read about?

It seems like it would be an interesting life to live. Like, ok, he got the idea to only eat pizza. But then after a week of only pizza, was he reconsidering? What about after 6 months? When he got to a year of only eating pizza, did he feel like it was too late to ever eat anything else?

Now he's on 25 years of pizza and he says he wants to be able to eat at pizzaless restaurants. Will he ever go through with that though? Will he be on his deathbed at a hospital, begging them to bring him pizza so he can eat?

On the bright side, he never has to think about what to eat for dinner.

cbox

Why the fuck is it weird that a vegetarian hates vegetables? Are you guys that stupid? Do you think that is the only thing vegetarians eat or something? Veggies are not the main food for a vegetarian, jesus.

I think it's pretty stupid to hate vegetables in general, never mind him being a vegetarian.

So aside from the brain cell killing blackouts and the kidney destroying diabetes, he's in fucking tip top shape, huh?

Wow at him slagging off his first endocrinologist for daring to have a nutritional opinion.

Jack_AG said:
Eating carbs doesn't make you diabetic.

It's by far the easiest way to get type 2.

TG7NmMv.gif

oh God

hydruxo

Only cheese pizza? Really? If I were to eat pizza for every meal, I'd at least want some variety. Cheese pizza is boring. So many great pizza varieties out there man!

Raist

Banned
Only cheese pizza? Really? If I were to eat pizza for every meal, I'd at least want some variety. Cheese pizza is boring. So many great pizza varieties out there man!

Well, he's vegetarian who hates vegetables, so with pizza the options are gonna be fairly limited.

I did a good ten year stint of eating pizza nearly every day. It wasn't that bad except for the fact that I weighed about 270 at the end of that journey.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
As far as I am concerned every man and woman on this God given Earth is entitled to their pizza. Pizza is the food that will advance us into the 21st century.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
He sounds like an obstinate jerk.
Doesn't seem so in the video. His girlfriend seemed kinda naggy though, although I can't really imagine how you could not bring to issue such an insane diet if you were in a relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom