• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet

SOME-MIST

finally :) !!
a25b36e7-0368-40a8-a166-780793e200fa_zps18a5a0f9.jpg

danmaku

Great! :) now you should try 1.5, if you're not burned out on Futari. Or try God Mode on Black Label, but it's pretty fucking hard.

SOME-MIST

been purposely avoiding 1.5 and 1.01 lol. I think I might try god mode though, but I won't put any serious time into it for the next few months since I am literally burned out from 3+ months of work on bl maniac.

bl maniac is technically the first "somewhat difficult" cave mode I've cleared.. the rest of my 1CCs are lame (akai katana, deathsmiles, ds iix, mushi futari 1.5 original, mushi futari bl original, mushi hd ver. 1.5 original). really want to go for ketsui x-mode, mmp, or ps arrange (I've gotten to stage 6 with little effort) now.

SOME-MIST

Do Ketsui X-Mode next.

I've been playing it a bunch and it is God-like. I've hit a brick wall at Stage 4, though.
that's exactly where I was stuck when I sunk a couple weeks into it. stage 4 was literally so insane that I could already see that it'll be a month or two worth of work to get past it with lives/bombs.

Yes Boss!

I stopped using NCSX and play-asia long ago. Just too much mark-up. This box costs about $260...with about another $50 max for shipping and forwarding fees. I paid about $200 for my japanese 3DS XL, delivered. They want $300+. No bueno.

BOTEC

That reminds me, Play-Asia has SDOJ up for preorder too (finally).

SE:
http://www.play-asia.com/Dodonpachi_Saidaioujou_Regular_Edition/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-680b.html

LE:
http://www.play-asia.com/Dodonpachi_Saidaioujou_Limited_Edition/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-694f.html

And the ULE, which will likely never be stocked anyway:
http://www.play-asia.com/Dodonpachi...ited_Edition/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-694j.html

And the game's homepage was updated with some of the pre-order bonus telephone cards (or whatever the hell those things are these days):
http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/saidaioujou/special/

Beckx

I stopped using NCSX and play-asia long ago. Just too much mark-up. This box costs about $260...with about another $50 max for shipping and forwarding fees. I paid about $200 for my japanese 3DS XL, delivered. They want $300+. No bueno.

Boss, who do you use for your delivery service when you order games from amazon.jp? Apologies, as I know you've mentioned it before - I'm just getting tired of paying the convenience mark up.

And the ULE, which will likely never be stocked anyway:
http://www.play-asia.com/Dodonpachi...ited_Edition/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-694j.html

And the game's homepage was updated with some of the pre-order bonus telephone cards (or whatever the hell those things are these days):
http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/saidaioujou/special/

Were they actually taking preorders at the time you linked that? That listing now says they're presold out.

AmiAmi is listing regular and limited editions with bookstore cards now as well.

Yes Boss!

Boss, who do you use for your delivery service when you order games from amazon.jp? Apologies, as I know you've mentioned it before - I'm just getting tired of paying the convenience mark up.

For amazon I've used Tenso for the last few years. Mostly to have Seimitsu Hori sticks sent to my California address (while I was living in euroland/afghanistan). I've been using them more now that I'm in USA. Fees are based on weight...typically 480 yen for something like a game and then all the way up to 1980 yen for something like a big stick or two. Then add on actual EMS shipping. A couple examples from my last few orders:

Hori Tekken Wii U Stick, 3DS XL, 3DS game:

Weight     : 2980 g
EMS shipping fee: 5400 yen
Service fee   : 980 yen

Ketsui LE:

Weight     : 500 g
EMS shipping fee: 1500 yen
Service fee   : 490 yen

Hori Hatsune Miku Diva F Super Stick

Weight     : 8760 g
EMS shipping fee: 12900 yen
Service fee   : 1980 yen

BOTEC

Were they actually taking preorders at the time you linked that? That listing now says they're presold out.

AmiAmi is listing regular and limited editions with bookstore cards now as well.

No, they never opened pre-orders for the ULE. They took so long to secure a source (at least I hope to hell they have a source) that the ULE was likely sold out long before they even put up a listing. They've dropped the ball on this one.

Just downloaded the Dodonpachi Maximum demo on my iPhone.

Is this really just DDP for beginners? Is the full game worth the purchase? I'm just so-so on the gameplay and graphics but am loving the remixed soundtrack of classic DDP music.

Zeth

Is this really just DDP for beginners? Is the full game worth the purchase? I'm just so-so on the gameplay and graphics but am loving the remixed soundtrack of classic DDP music.

It should get much better. There's a tier system for unlocking more difficult stages by satisfying certain conditions. It's become one of my favorite Cave games on iOS (along with BP2 Black Label, because shedding/milking with unlimited speed + touch control is godlike).

Ramune

lol, will I be building another collection on PS3 now?

Where is this rumor from?

This is purely 5pb's doing. They are the ones that handled the 360 port as well. CAVE is just giving them their blessing.

@StarCreator: That IS some irony there. ;)

icecream

Public Health Threat
lol, will I be building another collection on PS3 now?

No, because it's just Ketsui, released by 5pb. They've been on a streak as of late of releasing all their former 360 exclusives on the PS3 one after another. Guess they're trying to make up good will to PS3 fans?

Cave themselves haven't released anything for the PS3, so don't hope yet for that complete shootan collection.

It should get much better. There's a tier system for unlocking more difficult stages by satisfying certain conditions. It's become one of my favorite Cave games on iOS (along with BP2 Black Label, because shedding/milking with unlimited speed + touch control is godlike).
Awesome. I'm buying this then.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526047

Holy shit am I excited for Ketsui on PS3. I love Cave games but just never got round to buying an Xbox and another arcade stick to play them. I already have a PS3 HRAP with Seimitsu stick which only gets use on my PC with emulators. Wooooo!

Tain

Interesting. Wonder if there's any chance we could see DOJ released. Or will all the garbage surrounding the handling of that leave it doomed? Exciting!

It's also nice that fucking KETSUI will be region free now for those that haven't played it.

Kainazzo

It's also nice that fucking KETSUI will be region free now for those that haven't played it.

Persona 4 Arena set a nice precedent; there's certainly room for another :p Silly to think they'd actually go to the trouble though.

With SDOJ 2.5 months off, have there been any new rumors about localization? I'm betting someone'll come through, but I'm antsy until then.

japtor

Looks like you got it already, one little secret cause you might skip/miss it if you didn't know about it: complete the levels in easy mode. It unlocks the special round stage which is pretty awesome. Of course the annoying part is that to play it you have to go into the options and set it to easy mode to make it show up, while otherwise you'd want to play on the normal difficulty branches for everything else.

Looks like you got it already, one little secret cause you might skip/miss it if you didn't know about it: complete the levels in easy mode. It unlocks the special round stage which is pretty awesome. Of course the annoying part is that to play it you have to go into the options and set it to easy mode to make it show up, while otherwise you'd want to play on the normal difficulty branches for everything else.

Oh! Cool tip! Thanks. I probably would have missed it cos the first thing I usually do in a Cave shmup is set the difficulty to the hardest setting possible.

SOME-MIST

nice :D
looks like I'll be rebuying Ketsui on PS3. easily my favorite cave game ever - tho I still haven't 1CCed it. actually working on dat x-mode right now (again)

Beckx

Hrm. I'd like to try ordering SaidaiOuJou from amazon.jp w/ Tenso shipping, but they don't have a listing. Guess I'll watch for a while and see what happens - there shouldn't be any worry about the regular edition getting sold out, right?

Huh, I thought you had to unlock every stage including normal ones for it to appear. But yeah, Special Round is all sorts of awesome.

SOME-MIST

So do I sell my Ketsui Death Label while the market's still hot?
assuming you actually meant ketsui death label (the boss rush DS game - have you actually played it or just trying to flip it?), ketsui: kizuna jigoku tachi (PS3) should have no affect on it's price.

Not to mention that, ketsui: kizuna jigoku tachi (360) isn't even all that hot in terms of resale value (you can find new copies for $55).

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Hrm. I'd like to try ordering SaidaiOuJou from amazon.jp w/ Tenso shipping, but they don't have a listing. Guess I'll watch for a while and see what happens - there shouldn't be any worry about the regular edition getting sold out, right?
It's right here. http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00BS5MPM2/

Not sure if you're familiar with Amazon JP, but use the dropdown to select the LE vs the RE. Should be pretty obvious which one is which. :)

Beckx

It's right here. http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00BS5MPM2/

Not sure if you're familiar with Amazon JP, but use the dropdown to select the LE vs the RE. Should be pretty obvious which one is which. :)

Ha! Thanks. My amazon.jp search skills are weaksauce.

Edit: well, interesting. On Saidaidoujou there's next to no difference in getting it from Amazon/Tenso or P-A (with coupon). But for JoJo's in August I'll save $20 going Amazon/Tenso. Looks like it's a case-by-case question of who to use.

Yes Boss!

Ketsui has rapidly moved up to the top of my most played Cave discs. Fantastic news about PS3. Can't wait to get it on blu.

Wondering if they are going to rename X-Mode, still include it, or give us a newer mode altogether. Price point is rather high...hopefully meaning some new content.

I'm hoping this is the start of seeing niche games start popping up on the PS360 for the next couple of years, serving the massive install base, as the console manufacturs move onto to next gen. I don't see current gen disappering anytime soon.

assuming you actually meant ketsui death label (the boss rush DS game - have you actually played it or just trying to flip it?), ketsui: kizuna jigoku tachi (PS3) should have no affect on it's price.

Not to mention that, ketsui: kizuna jigoku tachi (360) isn't even all that hot in terms of resale value (you can find new copies for $55).

Yeah it's the DS game. The resale value is ridiculous on that.

japtor

Huh, I thought you had to unlock every stage including normal ones for it to appear. But yeah, Special Round is all sorts of awesome.
Hmm you might be right, it's been so long since I did the unlock myself that I'm not sure now. Did a quick search and found someone saying you needed to unlock 5-E to get it.

And a gripe that still bugs me, damn thing runs at 30fps rather than 60 like the arcade ports.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So guys, I'm the bearer of bad news.
Spoke with Martin, GM of Rising Star games, which was so kind to reply to me after I contacted him about a possible release of Ketsui X360 or PS3. Well, while Deathsmiles was a strong performer for them, leading to more Cave releases, both DDPR and AK terribly underperformed and heart broken they won't bring over any more Cave games in the future.

-_-

I did my part! Always bought multiple copies :/
Thanks for everything anyway RSG, you guys rock

Top Bottom