• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet

Cave just held a conference at the Midnight Live 360 event in Japan, here's a few tidbits;

• Mushihime-sama Futari was shown and has a 1.5 Arrange mode - the game releases on the 26th of November!
  • Espgaluda II was shown, when it's released it will have an Arrange/Black Label mode programmed by Shinobu Yagawa of Battle Garegga/Ibara/Batrider fame.
Can't wait to play Mushi, is anywhere accepting pre-orders yet?

Also, on a completely unrelated note - I like how if you type 'megacave' into google this thread is the first hit :lol

Bootaaay said:
Mushihime-sama Futari was shown and has a 1.5 Arrange mode - the game releases on the 26th of November!
[*]Espgaluda II was shown, when it's released it will have an Arrange/Black Label mode programmed by Shinobu Yagawa of Battle Garegga/Ibara/Batrider fame.

Great news that Futari has a release date! Gotta get that preordered ASAP! :D
Also, does this mean ESP II is coming to the 360 as well?! :O I only ever heard that Futari was confirmed. If so then that's great news as Epgaluda is my favourite Cave shmup :)

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Also, does this mean ESP II is coming to the 360 as well?! :O I only ever heard that Futari was confirmed. If so then that's great news as Epgaluda is my favourite Cave shmup :)

Yep, Espgaluda II was confirmed by Cave in a fiscal report last month, along with DeathSmiles 2 I believe.

Tain

I hope Yagawa gets another chance in arcades and not just with arrange modes, come to think of it. :|

but still, i want to play both espgaluda iis

Kron

Banned
It was expected but they also announced Mushi Futari 1.5 will be available as a standard and limited edition (9200 yen).

Sum up of the day's events:

Mihara explains that the same Arika team that built Ketsui DS is working on an original shooter for the DS-I. He says that there will be an announcement somewhat soon via the Nintendo website. Sounds like a really exciting project.

He also announces that DOJ will be mainly updated via an online patch, focused on fixing the most glaring errors in the game. Not much we didn't know. Didn't hear what as going on with Ketsui..

Asada shows Mushi futari arrange (which looked good, but had a scary lack of slowdown). I'm not sure if there was some sort of bullet absorption feature going on but that's what it appeared to be. I believe there were four modes: Novice, Xbox360, Arcade and Arrange. EspGaluda II footage shown with a Black Label mode. Definitely hyped for that one.

They had a Manabu Namiki quiz show where people had to guess what track was playing. People were guessing correctly after a half second of a track played, it was uncanny. CAVE fans are goddamn serious.

The Wasshoi exhibition was alright, I believe both the A-type player and SWY ended around 400/500 billion, nothing like the 1 trillion on the DVD which involves a shit load of boss milking. Main problem with the exhibition is that they're showing tate mode in yoko which is just retarded IMO. Flip the damn projector over...

Anyways, my whole weekend has been Tougeki and the matsuri, life is good!

danmaku

There are some pics of Esp2 and Mushi Futari on Famitsu website. Espgaluda 2 looks AWESOME in HD!

cdZkIo6Hzuxw58Zn2A1bakNGb1SF2D5F.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/image/3208/cdZkIo6Hzuxw58Zn2A1bakNGb1SF2D5F.html

adversesolutions said:
Mihara explains that the same Arika team that built Ketsui DS is working on an original shooter for the DS-I. He says that there will be an announcement somewhat soon via the Nintendo website. Sounds like a really exciting project.

This sounds very interesting, can't wait to hear more on it. DS has had a few decent shmups in Ketsui and the two Nanostray games, so there's definitely potential on the system.

Saw this mentioned on the shmups forum;

A release for Mushi Hime is now set for November 26. Cave will offer a standard version of the game at ¥7,140 and a ¥9,660 first print run limited version that includes a 2 disc Mushi Hime Double Arranged Soundtrack. The first runs of both versions will come with a download code for downloading version 1.01 of Mushi Hime Sama Futari.

Nice, i'm definetly making sure I preorder this as soon as it's available, especially after missing out on the DeathSmiles LE (although Futari 1.01 is a damn sight more enticing that the DS LE's full voice option).

danmaku

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog

There's a new post in the Cave blog with a request for feedback from the fans about new games on the 360. The interesting part is that it says "XBLA"... could it be that they're thinking about releasing some classic Cave games on Live Arcade (given that newer games will be released on disc)?
Maybe someone who knows moospeak can translate better than google...

manzo

DKnight said:
There isn't yet a way to circumvent region lock in 360s, or is it? :(

There is. It requires a modchip and dual-bios. Live is definitely a no-no on that console after that though.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
manzo said:
There is. It requires a modchip and dual-bios. Live is definitely a no-no on that console after that though.
I see.. but why no Live? if the two bios you have stored are vanilla and not the ones that allow you to play pirated copies, how can they know that you have modded anything?

danmaku said:
http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog

There's a new post in the Cave blog with a request for feedback from the fans about new games on the 360. The interesting part is that it says "XBLA"... could it be that they're thinking about releasing some classic Cave games on Live Arcade (given that newer games will be released on disc)?
Maybe someone who knows moospeak can translate better than google...
That's really good news if true

manzo

DKnight said:
I see.. but why no Live? if the two bios you have stored are vanilla and not the ones that allow you to play pirated copies, how can they know that you have modded anything?

I really haven't seen to the topic well enough to be 100% sure, but you will need your own bios and it needs to be in a certain version, etc. I remember reading from somewhere that downgrading will be a risk with Live. Anyway, I suggest you buy a JP 360. I'd say buying another console will negate the risks and the hassle of modding/dumping firmwares won't be worth it.

SmokyDave

"Mihara explains that the same Arika team that built Ketsui DS is working on an original shooter for the DS-I. He says that there will be an announcement somewhat soon via the Nintendo website. Sounds like a really exciting project."

Oh man! I can't wait for this to be not available on European DSiWare!

:(

Anso

Gonna go a head and quote myself from the Xbox Live Arcade thread:

Anso said:
A friend of mine translated a potential e-mail, this is Japanese for "Please put Guwange on XBLA world-wide. Thank you very much."

世界中ぐわんげをXBLAに置いてください。ありがとうございます。

Probably not 100% natural but it does the trick. ぐわんげ= guwange if you want to replace it with the game you want.

SmokyDave

Have Cave ever mentioned why they are 360 exclusive? I find it infuriating because A; my PS3 is region free and B; the 360 is way too unreliable to import.

Is there any hope of seeing any of this stuff on PSN or PS3 retail?

SmokyDave said:
Have Cave ever mentioned why they are 360 exclusive? I find it infuriating because A; my PS3 is region free and B; the 360 is way too unreliable to import.

Is there any hope of seeing any of this stuff on PSN or PS3 retail?
I would have to assume there are SCE policies against certain 2D arcade ports on PS3.
Plus, Sony rejected Arika's proposal to port Ketsui to PS3 after the PS2 port was scrapped way back when.

SmokyDave

_dementia said:
I would have to assume there are SCE policies against certain 2D arcade ports on PS3.
Plus, Sony rejected Arika's proposal to port Ketsui to PS3 after the PS2 port was scrapped way back when.

Aaaargh! Same as last gen. Although they dropped that shit by the end so all hope is not lost.

Dizzy-4U

I hope they don't come up with that "ISP blocked" shit that some xbla games have. I still can't buy Smash Tv. They don't want my moniez :mad:

Hunahan

Banned
Yeah, XBLA is a huge advantage over the retail disks.

I'm still blown away that Microsoft rejected Cave's first attempt at going to the service. They better not fuck this up twice.

As for PS3, I don't pretend to know the details of why, but at this point I think it's pretty obvious that the shmup market is not on that system. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

News from the latest 360 Famitsu on Mushi Futari:

Asada hopes to release MFBL Black Label as DLC
Arrange mode is called "True Mushihimesama Futari"
Partner character functions much like a familiar in Deathsmiles, absorbing bullets and also firing them back (!)
But the barrier is not unlimited, has a number attached to it which can fall to 0 in certain circumstances
No Co-op mode
Novice mode super easy, built so scrubs can get achievements, but not all of them

There's also a bit of EspGaluda II talk, but not much new information just that Ikeda and Yagawa have a sort of intra-company rivalry and that the two modes are kind of in competition with each other hehe. EspII is gonna be amazing.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm glad to see Cave going all out on these new releases, particularly Espgaulda II since it looks particularly amazing. But poor Ketsui... I'm most interested in actually seeing that one come out... preferebly in a more working state than DOJBLEX.

manzo

Noticed this at system11's board:

adversity1 @ system11 boards said:
According to this blog of a user who went to the CAVE user feedback meeting:

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/krakilin/e/faaf7bb0a044876f34a7ae16438bf5ee

CAVE has currently sent a list of parts of Ketsui that need to be changed to the dev team (5pb + Aqua?), but the development situation is not good and the game will probably not be able to come out this year. The 5pb license is frozen so CAVE can re-port the game if they want, but Asada is busy until next summer with a full schedule and doesn't have time.

In other words folks: TOP HATS FOR ALL

The only bit of good news there is that we might see an interesting Ketsui Black Label or something if the CAVE programmers can squeeze some time out of their schedules.

Video of the new Arange mode for the 360 port of Musihime-sama Futari;

http://sinmoon.sakuraweb.com/movie/090829_futari.3G2
Rapidshare mirror; http://rapidshare.com/files/274766381/090829_futari.3G2

Seems a bit Guwange-like in that you use the second character to slow down bullets, while you can use points built up on the counter to deflect bullets and release a crap load of ingots.

Anyways, it looks damn stunning - November can't come soon enough.

*edit - New promotional video for Mushihime-sama Futari showing both normal & arrange modes;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG0pyFWlqxw&fmt=35

Top Bottom