• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet

danmaku

I believe you can nab dfk 1.51 for a couple dollars on XBL marketplace, but imo the best part of the entire package is the arrange mode that Yagawa worked on which is exclusive to the disc-based J360 version. If you have a J360 I'd suggest grabbing the disc-based version.

any LE I've ever owned (for cave that's only DFK and Mushihimesama HD) hasn't been worth the money tbh. It's nice for the different art/box, but kinda worthless if you're not a collector. They usually come with a soundtrack cd that I never open, and the DLC code.

You can get the DFK arrange mode with the Black Label DLC. The exclusive mode for the disc version is the DFK/Ketsui crossover.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Jey guys jp_market is selling brand new sealed KETSUI PS3 on ebay for $41 with international shipping from Japan included.

Just snagged one myself, seems a great price.

Coda

11191210_369614896572276_18443517_n.jpg

It has arrived! Can barely contain my excitement. Should be able to pick up the Supergun at the post office on Monday then just wait for my SCART cable to come in the mail.

Aizo

Banned
Do any other games, like Mushihime-sama Futari, have DLC?

It has arrived! Can barely contain my excitement. Should be able to pick up the Supergun at the post office on Monday then just wait for my SCART cable to come in the mail.
Would help if you said what it is. Can hardly read that font. プロギアの嵐?
Edit: I looked it up. Is it fun? I've never heard of it.

Do any other games, like Mushihime-sama Futari, have DLC?

Would help if you said what it is. Can hardly read that font. プロギアの嵐?
Edit: I looked it up. Is it fun? I've never heard of it.

Progear. Horizontal bullet hell. Very fun, definitely worth checking out in some for or another. Never ported :(

Coda

Progear. Horizontal bullet hell. Very fun, definitely worth checking out in some for or another. Never ported :(

Some screens:

gfs_93263_2_13.jpg

2053_1.png

And yeah, it's a shame it never got a port. It's why I decided to buy the board, don't see a port ever happening at this point and I'd rather be able to play it on a CRT like it was meant to be played.

Risette

A Good Citizen
What are DLC cards?
First print bonuses, like Mushihimesama Futari 1.01, Daifukkatsu 1.51, Mushihimesama 1.5 Matsuri version, and MMP/PS Matsuri version. The rest are liked voice scenes or some junk.

I mean buyable DLC, like Mushime-sama's Black Label DLC.
Daifukkatsu has Black Label available as a disc as well as DLC. Deathsmiles has Mega Black Label as DLC but it's included in the platinum hits release.

Also worth noting that all DLC (buyable and card bonuses) are included in a DLC disc on the Cave collections.

Laws00

I know this is going to be a dumb question and I should just experiment but does anybody understand the scoring aspect of Espgaluda 2?

Maybe I got it wrong maybe its the shooting aspect of it. I just can't for the life of me do well in this game.

I have the Iphone/pad versions of the games too but damn it if I can't understand it

Mushihimesama (Futari) ,Guwange, Deathsmiles, Akai Katana and Dodonpachi i'm ok with. (not good at the last two games but I understand them)

I know this is going to be a dumb question and I should just experiment but does anybody understand the scoring aspect of Espgaluda 2?

Maybe I got it wrong maybe its the shooting aspect of it. I just can't for the life of me do well in this game.

I have the Iphone/pad versions of the games too but damn it if I can't understand it

Mushihimesama (Futari) ,Guwange, Deathsmiles, Akai Katana and Dodonpachi i'm ok with. (not good at the last two games but I understand them)

Espgaluda 2 has one of the most convoluted scoring systems ever to grace a game of any genre, so it's not at all uncommon to have problems understanding it. The guide posted on Shmups forum is probably a good place to start trying to understand the game.

(I should bug him to update the incorrect "Zesshikai" reading to "Zetsushikai", because I'm that pedantic sometimes.)

SOME-MIST

congrats on the snag brother. my absolute favorite stg of all time

Some screens:

gfs_93263_2_13.jpg

2053_1.png

And yeah, it's a shame it never got a port. It's why I decided to buy the board, don't see a port ever happening at this point and I'd rather be able to play it on a CRT like it was meant to be played.

'dem organic spreads and bullet cancelling greatness :)

Coda

congrats on the snag brother. my absolute favorite stg of all time

'dem organic spreads and bullet cancelling greatness :)

I know I love it!

Unfortunately I'm using UK Supergun hardware with a UK SCART cable so the screen was flickering up and down across my screen when I booted the game up. I have a UK SCART to JAP SCART cable headed my way soon to alleviate the issue hopefully. I should have expected that to happen but this Supergun stuff is all so new to me.

That doesn't sound like a SCART issue to me, more like a synch problem, as, if your supergun is UK, then your cable should be a Euroscart - unless it specifically is designed for RGB21.

What TV are you plugging it into? A CRT or a LCD/LED, you shouldn't have much trouble with a CRT, but some LCD/LED's are a but picky about RGB. Have you tried it on another telly?

Coda

That doesn't sound like a SCART issue to me, more like a synch problem, as, if your supergun is UK, then your cable should be a Euroscart - unless it specifically is designed for RGB21.

What TV are you plugging it into? A CRT or a LCD/LED, you shouldn't have much trouble with a CRT, but some LCD/LED's are a but picky about RGB. Have you tried it on another telly?

Thanks for the reply. I'm hooking it into a Toshiba CRT with component inputs and I'm using a SCART to component converter to achieve that. The converter worked no problem with a Japanese Sega Saturn which is why I figured I needed a Japanese SCART cable for it to work properly. The cable I got is 21 Pin but I bought it from the US so maybe that is the problem?

Laws00

I just ordered DODONPACHI SAIDAIOUJOU

I think the only thing turning me off about the game is the waifu stuff

$_35.JPG

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

$_35.JPG

Where'd ya order and what's the price these days?

I always meant to get this.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Got it from Amazon.com
And paid $28 for it brand new with free shipping.
Its the platinum edition

This price pleases me. Need to see what Canada amazon has it for or if I gotta go the american way. Thanks!

EDIT: For those curious, amazon canada didn't have it but I did find it on amazon america for 28 with free shipping to canada (This is rare as hell, usually buying from there jacks up shipping even if it should be cheap), so all is good!

I bought it.

Wonko_C

$_35.JPG

Congrats! I got mine last year from Play-Asia, the waifu stuff isn't as in your face as something as Otomedius, except for the in-game voices, which you can turn off if you want.

sixteen bit change your avatar back don't be like Tain

also, the original DDP. Challenging without seeming fuckin' impossible, simple to understand scoring system, still very attractive and compelling all these years later.

Tain

My favorite right now is Espgaluda but that's just because it's the last one I played and I have some history with it being an eye-opening game for me back in '06 or whenever.

I think that it's generally Ketsui.

and sometimes new avatars just gotta happen

Risette

A Good Citizen
What's your favorite Cave game?
dfk 1.5 (i've really warmed up to this recently, been playing the PAL version a lot even tho hooking up my old US 360 is a pain, and bought a new japanese LE so I can put away the US 360 again) or mushi futari black label

ketsui is cool too, but it's
too hard for me

tbh cave's games are mostly all good so my favorite really depends on my mood

Laws00

Congrats! I got mine last year from Play-Asia, the waifu stuff isn't as in your face as something as Otomedius, except for the in-game voices, which you can turn off if you want.

Nice nice. Wasn't feeling otomedius like my friend did. A friend of a friend bought him the game and he loved it. The the friend who bought the game for the friend who loved it hated it because of the waifu stuff lol

Sorry too many friends lol

This price pleases me. Need to see what Canada amazon has it for or if I gotta go the american way. Thanks!

EDIT: For those curious, amazon canada didn't have it but I did find it on amazon america for 28 with free shipping to canada (This is rare as hell, usually buying from there jacks up shipping even if it should be cheap), so all is good!

I bought it.

Welcome :) I did a good deed lol

cuilan

Deathsmiles and Mushihimesama Futari

This is basically my answer as well. But to be a bit more specific, my favorites are the 360 port of Deathsmiles 1 due to the extra modes, and Futari Black Label since it's more fun to play for score than the other versions.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, sometimes I hope if Cave will ever release a crossbuy PS4/Vita version of Deathsmiles or better yet, Progear and Akai Katana.

SOME-MIST

What's your favorite Cave game?

progear, dangun feveron, muchi muchi pork

hurts for me to leave out futari bl and ketsui, but I've been getting a lot more play time in the above - and progear will remain my #1.

How many CaveGAF members have reached URA-loop in Ketsui? Curious; as I want to measure how hard it truly is.

URA loop requirements are dumb. I haven't sunk enough time into ketsui, but a buddy that comes to chicago for meetups has been playing the pcb for years. he can 2-all the normal/omote/tsuujou loop (watched him get to 2-4 while being rusty last year), but he's barely missed the mark a couple of times - iirc I believe he said the scoring requirement is extremely hard too. there's only like 4-5 people on the shmup forums who have the URA loop on the HS board. one guy being the super player Jaimers who did the dangun feveron 1CC demonstration at stunfest a couple weekends ago.

Top Bottom