• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most comments I get on best smelling cologne is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biske

Lol, this guy.

Haha. Don't get me wrong, I've had nearly every lady I've ever dated or loved who was worth their salt be like you should wear cologne and they were super into it.

So I'm definitely doing it wrong.

But Eeeeeeeh.

None, I use aveda hair stuff.
That is enough of a scent and no one even comments on that.

I like when my girl wears this stuff that smells like tomatoes growing in a garden. Not kidding, it's exactly what it smells like.

Never wear cologne.

Maybe it's cause I don't care or maybe it's cause every cologne wearer I've personally known was a self absorbed douche bag. (no offense guys) and it rings at excessively fake.

I get it, sometimes a lady friend or love interest has that amazing scent, but they bought it, smell has nothing to do with who they are.

May as well be plastic surgery or hair dye, which is both fine, but just be yourself, eh.

LOL Self absorbed douche bag here. *sprays more cologne*

Recently tried Cuba Royal, supposed to be a good edt and very similar to 1 million. Not had anyone say a thing about it though. Was thinking of trying Cuba Black next.

Ishan

Never wear cologne.

Maybe it's cause I don't care or maybe it's cause every cologne wearer I've personally known was a self absorbed douche bag. (no offense guys) and it rings at excessively fake.

I get it, sometimes a lady friend or love interest has that amazing scent, but they bought it, smell has nothing to do with who they are.

May as well be plastic surgery or hair dye, which is both fine, but just be yourself, eh.

The clothes you wear are brought
Your haircut is paid for
... The list goes on and on .

Time for me to spray on more cologne and be a douche tonight :)

Hoo-doo

Banned
Cologne is not just about getting compliments from others. I'd wager if you are turning heads with your damn cologne you spray on way too much. Subtlety is key.

Use it for a nice personal bodyscent that's supposed to be non-intrusive and only perceivable by people very close or intimate with you. You should be happy with the scent you put on first and foremost. It's your choice and preference after all, what do you want to smell like? It's like your taste in clothes, there's no universal answer.

Dousing yourself with the stuff just to pull women is veering all the way towards douchebag-ville.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
OP, you smell like the store that everyone I know avoids because of the smell?

I mean hey, glad it works for you, Im just surprised.

iPaul93

If you're not wearing perfume,you're missing out.I have over 40 fragrances in my collection and I can't go back to not wearing any.

Here's a few bottles of my niche collection:

13707713_1152189858137474_7010066667890466294_n.jpg

12377781_1088002511222876_4453576218050854465_o.jpg

13256519_1120531534636640_5530965077468586471_n.jpg

13307378_1120532164636577_5325029759619351204_n.jpg

13475107_1137121512977642_1448270379504453408_o.jpg

13680120_1152189318137528_9047825609347152629_o.jpg

15935717_1319988354690956_17065351_n.jpg

15942079_1319988358024289_1882768930_n.jpg

15909847_1319990464690745_367598787_n.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
Guilty as charged. Damn, so I'm really am a douche bag.

Dousing yourself with cologne is just foolish. You smell like shit and it's not how the stuff is intended to be used.
But you seem to be living and breathing the nightclub/stripclub life. If it works for you, then it works for you.

I haven't had to 'pull women' for years now so I don't really use cologne for that purpose, I use it for myself. I personally care more about looking (and smelling) clean, professional and presentable than to be turning heads of people wondering who's that walking gas cloud coming around the corner.

Dousing yourself with cologne is just foolish. You smell like shit and it's not how the stuff is intended to be used.
But you seem to be living and breathing the nightclub/stripclub life. If it works for you, then it works for you.

I haven't had to 'pull women' for years now so I don't really use cologne for that purpose, I use it for myself. I personally care more about looking (and smelling) clean, professional and presentable than to be turning heads of people wondering who's that walking gas cloud coming around the corner.

Well the main thing is night clubs, bars, lounges, strip clubs are often times filled with so much different smells that it's not as noticeable as you might think. Anywhere else I don't douse myself.

I don't even know if it's still available, but the original "Very Sexy" cologne from Victoria's Secret could get someone who looks like Donald Trump with Milton from Office Space's personality laid by a supermodel. I also just think it genuinely smells good and clean, with more of a citrusy than a musky quality to it.

Spenny

Creed Millesime Imperial or GIT during spring/summer and Tom Ford Tobacco Oud or Tuscan Leather during fall/winter.
That's what I ran this year at least.

Bond no 9 Brooklyn. Love a lot of their scents but damn they're expensive. One of the more manlier scents I've been able to find. Too many colognes smell "sporty" or too feminine for me

If you're not wearing perfume,you're missing out.I have over 40 fragrances in my collection and I can't go back to not wearing any.

Here's a few bottles of my niche collection:
Nice collection. Virgin Island Water looks amazing, I'm gonna try it one day soon. Pulp is a weird perfume, I have a love/hate relationship with it...sometimes it smells "clean" other times it's just "dirty"

Edit: people who don't like perfume/Cologne are really missing out or must be only familiar with cheap high school kids scents. There's something out in the perfume world for everyone, you just gotta know where to shop and what to look for

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Nice collection. Virgin Island Water looks amazing, I'm gonna try it one day soon. Pulp is a weird perfume, I have a love/hate relationship with it...sometimes it smells "clean" other times it's just "dirty"

Virgin Island Water is straight up edible. Lime as a citrus note is so good.

iPaul93

Edit: people who don't like perfume/Cologne are really missing out or must be only familiar with cheap high school kids scents. There's something out in the perfume world for everyone, you just gotta know where to shop and what to look for

I always get a rotten fruit note from Pulp,but it's a pleasent one,though.

Monocle

Cologne is not just about getting compliments from others. I'd wager if you are turning heads with your damn cologne you spray on way too much. Subtlety is key.

Use it for a nice personal bodyscent that's supposed to be non-intrusive and only perceivable by people very close or intimate with you. You should be happy with the scent you put on first and foremost. It's your choice and preference after all, what do you want to smell like? It's like your taste in clothes, there's no universal answer.

Dousing yourself with the stuff just to pull women is veering all the way towards douchebag-ville.
This is the answer.

Acqua di gio, both essence and edt
Paco rabanne One million intense edt
Paco rabanne invictus
Tom ford tobacco vanille
John varvatos oud

Yeah i like changing it :)

For 2017 we'll see..
I think i'll change invictus with something else at the very least., maybe remove acqua di gio essence for another essence and keep the edt..

Only Thing i want to say is that the smell should compliment you, it should not be like a cloud gas..

I wear A&F like the OP. I've tried so many other. And they all smell pretty good. But I always get complimented the most when I wear A&F. And it's my personal favourite too, honestly. Smells like sexy man.

Currently wear Versace Eros that my wife bought me. Really love that one right now.

Before I've worn Armani code and Dolce and Gahanna the One.

Another I really like is Issey Miyake.

Is it just me or does the true amazing scent really kick in when your body perspires a bit?

B.O.O.M

Bookmarked this thread for future reference. I don't wear any right not but it's something I want to start eventually

black_13

Banned
I loved the A&F cologne when I tried it and was surprised at how good it was. Thought it was a bit overpriced for a store brand cologne though.

Anyone have any comments on these here? I'm starting to run out on this Polo cologne, and even though it's done well for me I'd like a new smell.

Armani Code

Yves St Laurent (I know it's very common)

Versace Pour Homme

Black Yves St Laurent

manhack

Pretty much this. I never buy cologne, but gifts through the years have left me with a small collection.

I've been dating the same women for a few years now, so I'm not trying to impress anyone, but I do put some on when we are going out on a date. Simply put a spritz or two on my wrist and rub them together then rub my wrists on my neck.

With just that little bit she always notices that I'm wearing it when we get close. And since I'm not putting it on everyday so when she finds out it comes of as a "oh you went all out tonight" sort of moment. She likes the scent so I continue to put it on.

It's the same way I notice if her hair smells different from a new shampoo or she has a new perfume. Just another way to have fun with our sensory experience with each other.

I never wear the stuff. Ever. I just shower and use deodorant every day.

When I was growing up my dad used Polo so I did as well but only on special occasions. All my grand-dads and great uncles always used Old Spice.

For girls/young women, I really liked the smell of Tommy Girl. However my wife never uses perfume any more just like I never use cologne. In fact, none of the women in our office use it, that I've ever smelled.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
L'eau D'issey is my fave at the moment

s3566-main-Lhero.jpg

this ^^^

the only issue is that when you smell it on someone else and you practically fall in love with them right there and then and then RUSH out to buy it and ofc as soon as you start using it yourself you're desensitised to it and can't smell it any more :///

but yes, many people will tell you that you smell incredible

Roxkis_ii

I rock Armani Code for men. Smooth, long lasting and subtle. I get the most compliments when wearing this.

I also wear John Varatos. It's a little strong for my taste so I don't wear it often but its has a nice smell when used in small doses.

I also rock Paco Rabanne (green bottle) deodorant. Reminds me of a nicer classic Old Spice. My dad wears it so it's kinda defines the smell of a man for me.

I'm looking to try this cologne called "Sure Fuck". I've heard some good things about from a friend and the name grabbed my interest lol.

M52B28

Banned
71SielPzt2L._SY679_.jpg

I had a bottle of this Hugo Boss "Eau de Toilette" sitting around in my room at my parent's house for about several years. I decided to bring it out to my place after Christmas. I've been wearing it ever since. I find the smell to be great.

I lost the spray nozzle for it, so I never bothered using it, so I just press it against my clothing. I feel like this method is a lot better in saving it and keeps me from over spraying it.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for cologne? Ever since using this again, it makes me want to invest in smells since it has been a while since I've actively worn cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom