• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The most comments I get on best smelling cologne is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate wearing cologne because it feels like there's a man following me around. I know that's weird, but I don't like smelling myself. I don't like the smell of most colognes.

I used to get lots of compliments about how I smelled due to the cologne I wore. Then I met my current girlfriend who is allergic to almost all fragrances of any kind. Now I can't wear any.

besada

Banned
qQAlPI6.jpg

aerts1js

Cologne is something you put on in highschool or early twenties... most adults don't bother with that crap, and the ones that do smell terrible.

Out of the dozen or so I've tried, there are only 3 colognes I have gotten compliments for:

• Aramis, a smell older and muskier than I am
  • Some cheap ass Adidas crap from Walmart - literally had three compliments on this, I shit you not
  • Clinique Happy - a gift, since there is no way I would buy a product called Clinique Happy if left to my own devices

Anarion07

I use The One, Acqua di Gio and A&F Fierce.

And just like OP, i get the most compliments on the latter.

Maybe it's because I live in Germany and we only have 2 A&F Stores in all of Germany.

Soo it's not that widespread

mdubs

Banned
It's weird that when I read the title of the thread Fierce was the first thing to pop into my mind. Damn that stuff smells so good

I tried 9 different samples and so far the only one that really caught me was Kenneth Cole Reaction (I usually use Acqua Di Gio). I guess it's good that it's a cheap one. I'll have to actually wear some of them for awhile and see if I end up liking anything else.

LordAmused

This. Nothing else has even come close.

I have had women stop mid-sentence to tell me how good I smell. I think the scent is pleasant but unremarkable, but women go gaga over this stuff for some reason.

I am currently debating whether I will buy Eau D'Issey or Eau D'Issey Sport...
I think the original one smells a lot like
muscade?
, even though I like it, I think it fascinates me...

Any advice from former/current Eau D'Issey enthusiasts?

I've only tried the Sport version on my skin yet, and it doesn't smell very good after a little while, alcohol-like...

I thought the noir version of issey was kinda cool. IME the best sport fragrance I've come across was prada Luna Rossa.

Another interesting one that is easy to find is the dude version of narcisco Rodriguez. No real surprises in it but it's a little left of center.

I think my wife is getting me some of this for Christmas. I smelled it the other day and it is right up my alley in terms of scents that I like to wear.

It's an attractive fragrance the wife might regret buying it for you because the ladies will flock to you (if they don't already) heheheehhe.

hwalker84

I am currently debating whether I will buy Eau D'Issey or Eau D'Issey Sport...
I think the original one smells a lot like
muscade?
, even though I like it, I think it fascinates me...

Any advice from former/current Eau D'Issey enthusiasts?

I've only tried the Sport version on my skin yet, and it doesn't smell very good after a little while, alcohol-like...

See what you think about Nuit d’Issey Parfum. Must be the parfum as theirs a difference between it and the regular Nuit.

I don't think I liked sport but I did own the regular before.

I tried 9 different samples and so far the only one that really caught me was Kenneth Cole Reaction (I usually use Acqua Di Gio). I guess it's good that it's a cheap one. I'll have to actually wear some of them for awhile and see if I end up liking anything else.

The bigger issue with KC Reaction is how fast it fades away. Like literally in a couple of hours for me.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The one and only :

mont_blanc_starwalker.jpg

Just bought this last week. The dry down is extremely fresh smelling. I keep getting pleasant whiffs of the fragrance throughout the day too.

Currently waiting on this...

zKSK7aT.jpg

Aqva Amara Bvlgari . Starts out mandarin orange and becomes floral to a spicy musk.

Vetiver is the GOAT scent though. I love the way it smells. Especially Lalique Encre Noir.

0kq1YNR.jpg

You feel like you can fall into that scent, it has that depth. I've gotten compliments with it too. So want to get Chanels Sycamore.

kinggroin

Banned
I wear Crave.

I've had it for like 8 years (the same plastic bottle). I don't know wear it came from, but it came with the house I'm currently living in. No complaints.

BlueTsunami

Just got the Bvgari Aqva Amara and the opening notes are hilarious. Got a blast orange, then musky vagina which went away in five minutes completely.

I very RARELY wear cologne, but the one everyone likes, and all I wear when I do...

shopping3zsmf.jpg

Juat got a bottle in the mail today! I have 3 brand new bottles (Polo Black, Chanel Bleu and Versace Man Eau Fraiche) so I think I'm done buying them for a while, I only use like 1 spray per day unless I go back out after work or something then I might do another.

BlueTsunami

Grabbed a bottle of this in September. This maybe my new most complemented fragrance.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Maison-...ements%3D&eItemId=prod191760235&cmCat=product

NMC23RP_mu.jpg

Such a good perfume house. Not only powerful fragrances but rich too, fantastic depth. Their Oud Satin scent is a crazy nice rose based scent.

I need go try Grand Soire now lol it sounds up my alley as far as what I want next. Spicy vanilla. Although, having tried Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, that's gonna be hard to beat. That shit is like crack. Funny this all stems from my love for YSL Opium pour Homme.

A few months ago I bought my personal holy grail...

uf1FJXg.jpg

If anyone of you are into vetiver, this is one of the standards if not the standard. Smells like a smokey pine forest with a tinge of lemon sweetness.

7threst

I use Guerlain Habit Rouge deo, after shave and perfume. I alos really love Guerlain Vetiver, but there's no perfume version, onlu an eau de toilette unfortunately.

CoolOff

Grabbed a bottle of this in September. This maybe my new most complemented fragrance.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Maison-...ements%3D&eItemId=prod191760235&cmCat=product

NMC23RP_mu.jpg

I got 4 samples of MFK recently, Grand Soir among them, but for me it was Lumière Noire Pour Homme that was the standout. Petit Matin was nice as well, very "early morning Paris".

Nice to see Encre Noire earlier in the thread as well, I love that one.

Also, regarding the entire purpose of the thread, am I alone in not caring too much about what others think of the stuff I wear but rather doing it for personal pleasure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom