• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official 1UP Podcast Preservation Society

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Might be a silly question but is there a torrent that contains ALL 1Up Shows(video show, not the podcast).

1upshow_zps6f460646.jpg

From his Twitter feed, Ryan O'Donnell has the original tapes for the 1UP Show. If these get uploaded somewhere I'll be stoked.

I powered through season three this afternoon and it was such a one of a kind show. It captured the excitement at the start of this generation really well. The launch specials for the 360, PS3 and Wii were so damn good. I wish the show was still around for all of the PS4 and 720 shenanigans.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
They make an appearance on Rebel FM every once in a while. Matt Chandronait more than Ryan O'Donnell, but still.

Broken Pixels needs to be backed up, too. Only a few episodes of that, but still funny...

Doopliss

They make an appearance on Rebel FM every once in a while. Matt Chandronait more than Ryan O'Donnell, but still.

Broken Pixels needs to be backed up, too. Only a few episodes of that, but still funny...

Wasn't that just a segment of the 1UP Show that they made available separately? Or were there some that were never included in a 1UP Show episode?

-KRS-

haha I started archiving the Retronauts podcast myself when it ended the first time actually because 1up has been in pretty bad shape ever since really. Great that others seems to have had the same idea now with all of the podcasts. It would be a shame if they disappeared.

Edit: Oh wow, this thread is OLD!

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I'm pretty sure there were a couple that were separate, and weren't part of a "Not the 1up Show."

I'm pretty sure there were a couple that were separate, and weren't part of a "Not the 1up Show."

Wasn't that just a segment of the 1UP Show that they made available separately? Or were there some that were never included in a 1UP Show episode?

My archive tapes include all the proper 1UP Show episodes, Not the 1UP Shows, Specials, and even some early content like the Team ICO specials. I should be able to get more than everything up. Eventually.

This is Ryan, btw.

Imbarkus

My archive tapes include all the proper 1UP Show episodes, Not the 1UP Shows, Specials, and even some early content like the Team ICO specials. I should be able to get more than everything up. Eventually.

This is Ryan, btw.

Hey, Ryan. I'm curious, when did you guys starts shooting in HD, are any of the old masters HD?

Damn I miss having you guys produce in this area. Giant Bomb is fun and all, and of course the amateur YouTube scene is interesting too, but I really miss the professional production quality.

Hey, Ryan. I'm curious, when did you guys starts shooting in HD, are any of the old masters HD?

We didn't shoot any of the 1UP Show in HD, aside from one game segment as a test. It was right near the end of the production run of the show, and it was never released in HD. When we started AREA 5, we got Panasonic HVX 200s and started producing in HD. Then around the end of that show's production, we got DSLRs and started shooting with those; the videos in Atomix mag were shot on those cameras, for example. Now we shoot on: Canon C300, Canon 5Dmii, Sony FS-100, Sony FS-700, and Sony NEX-5N.

Hey Ryan! What are you guys up to now? Is the area5 team still together? I haven't kept up.

I agree, 1up did pretty much lead the industry at that time, I can't believe so many great personalities were under one roof.

Forever remembered

Hey Ryan! What are you guys up to now? Is the area5 team still together? I haven't kept up.

Matt, Cesar, Jason and I are still working under one roof everyday. We do general video production at this point: commercials, marketing materials, etc. We tend to work with videogame companies, but that's not always the case. We did some video work for Call of Duty Elite, made the 25th Anniversary of Street Fighter documentary that's included in the game box set, and we're working with another developer on a project that will be hitting soon. We may not be doing much fan-facing, game-related material, (which is a bummer) but we've managed to keep the company afloat for four years and pay our rents. We're are own bosses and we're still growing... getting stronger.

You haven't heard the last from us.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Got 1up yours, ATB, Retronauts, GFW, and Listen Up all archived myself. All I need left is 1up show and Im set! :D

Glad to see Area5 still doing well.

Matt, Cesar, Jason and I are still working under one roof everyday. We do general video production at this point: commercials, marketing materials, etc. We tend to work with videogame companies, but that's not always the case. We did some video work for Call of Duty Elite, made the 25th Anniversary of Street Fighter documentary that's included in the game box set, and we're working with another developer on a project that will be hitting soon. We may not be doing much fan-facing, game-related material, (which is a bummer) but we've managed to keep the company afloat for four years and pay our rents. We're are own bosses and we're still growing... getting stronger.

You haven't heard the
last from us.
Hmmmm... Play on words??? Hmmm...

No but glad that you guys managed to start a successful buisness, hope to see the crew behind the camera again one day

baphomet

Well i managed to get all the episodes of Broken Pixels, The 1up Show, Retronauts, and Retronauts Bonus Stage. The Download Them All program mentioned in the OP is a godsend because of all the network errors you get trying to download these.

The only thing i noticed (or possibly overlooked) is that there are a few episodes of Broken Pixels that don't seem to be on the site. Metal Wolf Chaos, The Guy Game, and that Celebrity Showdown game are ones that i know off hand aren't in what i downloaded. If anyone has any links to these that would be great. It's no big deal because I'm sure if Matt uploads them all and they're even slightly higher quality I'm sure I'll redownload them all anyway.

I Really wish !up had some sort of decent labelling on all of these podcasts and videos. I'll probably spend most of the day getting everything labelled to my liking. But thankfully i'll have some excellent stuff to watch while I'm doing it.

So, I made some episode catalogs/guides for Broken Pixels, 1UP Specials, and Review Crew and am working on the 1UP Show and other podcasts now. I will keep updating this post as I create more, but here are the PDFs I have made so far, if anyone's interested:

1UP Specials
Broken Pixels
Review Crew
1UP Yours
The 1UP Show
Active Time Babble
ListenUP
4 Guys 1UP
Legendary Thread
EGM Live
1UP FM

The sorting goes by columns. So, you'll read down column 1, then 2, then 3 for each page. Really wish I could have gone by rows instead, but the varying description lengths would have made that difficult in a word processor. I wasn't exactly going to open up InDesign for an episode catalog.

Thanks to mattiewheels for the idea and the basic format, though.

Well i managed to get all the episodes of Broken Pixels, The 1up Show, Retronauts, and Retronauts Bonus Stage. The Download Them All program mentioned in the OP is a godsend because of all the network errors you get trying to download these.

The only thing i noticed (or possibly overlooked) is that there are a few episodes of Broken Pixels that don't seem to be on the site. Metal Wolf Chaos, The Guy Game, and that Celebrity Showdown game are ones that i know off hand aren't in what i downloaded. If anyone has any links to these that would be great. It's no big deal because I'm sure if Matt uploads them all and they're even slightly higher quality I'm sure I'll redownload them all anyway.

I Really wish !up had some sort of decent labelling on all of these podcasts and videos. I'll probably spend most of the day getting everything labelled to my liking. But thankfully i'll have some excellent stuff to watch while I'm doing it.
Well, all of the episodes are on the site if you go to the page:
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3172944

The problem is that not all of them are available to download, like the ones you named. I downloaded all of the videos last year, but if I recall correctly the way I got around episodes like Metal Wolf Chaos and Guy Game was to use the FireFox plugin DownloadHelper to rip them from their video pages. Once you enter your age, you can either use DownloadHelper to grab the .flv, or select a video type to the right (mov or wmv) which will open up a new window... and then you can rip the mov or wmv. That's what I did for ones that didn't show up in the OP's directory.

Doopliss

Well, all of the episodes are on the site if you go to the page:
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3172944

The problem is that not all of them are available to download, like the ones you named. I downloaded all of the videos last year, but if I recall correctly the way I got around episodes like Metal Wolf Chaos and Guy Game was to use the FireFox plugin DownloadHelper to rip them from their video pages. Once you enter your age, you can either use DownloadHelper to grab the .flv, or select a video type to the right (mov or wmv) which will open up a new window... and then you can rip the mov or wmv. That's what I did for ones that didn't show up in the OP's directory.
From that link you can also right click one of the thumbnail images, view image info (in Firefox) then copy its URL but remove thumbnail.jpg from the end. That will give you an index page from which you can download the video in whichever format.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
1upshow_zps6f460646.jpg

From his Twitter feed, Ryan O'Donnell has the original tapes for the 1UP Show. If these get uploaded somewhere I'll be stoked.

Indeed!

This is Ryan, btw.

That would be absolutely wonderful Ryan. I have an external hard drive ready for when this occurs. I know we're talking between 70 and 100 gigs worth of videos, but it'll be worth it and I can't wait! Please keep us posted.

*remembers the old dreamcast episodes*

Tendo

Junst finished retronauts downloads. All 200 something episodes. Working on the torrent now if people still want it

Yes please!

Anyone have any easy to download list for 1up yours like we had for the 1up show?

Also - found this by Chris Tilton (of Fringe fame) in my itunes. Downloaded it back when 1up died the first time. I figured some of you would dig it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie2EJxTJ62c

GFW radio, 1up yours, and the 1up show got me through the worst time in my life. Looking forward to hearing those guys talk shit for a few hours was all I had for about 6 months. Fuck 2008.

Tendo

T'warnt no thang. :)

Thanks for watching.

I've wanted to say it to you guys for 4 years but never had the chance to but thank you. I had some awful relationship junk go down in 08 and knowing you guys would be there every Friday goofin was rad. Even if I didn't care about the games you were talking about the show (and podcasts) helped me a lot. Life sucked back then but you all made it suck a whole lot less. Thank you.

I pretty much have everything I want now, save for the last season of the 1up show, which I'll get eventually. But right now, I have the bulk of the 1up Show, all of the CGW/GFW podcasts, all of 1up Yours and it's subsequent iterations, and all of Retronauts. That pretty much covers my 1up nostalgia.

But what a great time capsule for video-gaming. Watching the 1up Show every week, I remember thinking how great it looked to work in that office. But I also remember how funny it started to get every time someone left. First Jane, then Shoe, Kathleen, etc. The show would get so maudlin and play out the end of the show with really sad music before hitting the end credits. (Usually the same sad music.) After awhile, it became pretty comedic to me. Good times.

Noahd42

Banned
This thread makes me sad. I wandered over to gaf after 1up started to die off and basically stopped gaming regularly. Things haven't been the same since.

Getting all of Broken Pixels is a bit tough because the page with all the m4as on it isn't the entire run, so you still have to go to the separate page and download WMVs or whatever.

Diablos

Where's the Oddcast? That show was funny as hell. I wish they'd do it again elsewhere, even if it was only a few times a year. Just get together in a room and/or over the Interwebs and make it happen. I got lots of lulz out of that podcast. Lots.

xn1YEA9.png

Stupid old websites and databases being broken and pointing to the wrong files

But at least I've been able to suss out the correct URLs for these so hopefully not all is being lost.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Someone somewhere can do a torrent of Active Time Babble, right? That's one that probably flew under the radar.

Skytylz

Banned
I have all the 1UP Yours podcasts downloaded finally. If it is still desired I will make a torrent and post a link for it. All the files are named by their default name but I have them sorted into folders by year at least.

Finally have all the old 1up podcast I'll want to have. But, the at1up podcast is nowhere to be found on the internet. anyone by chance have them? or at least the "best of" they had.

dxhc99

I have all the 1UP Yours podcasts downloaded finally. If it is still desired I will make a torrent and post a link for it. All the files are named by their default name but I have them sorted into folders by year at least.

I can't seem to get them all to download with any sort of consistency so I would greatly appreciate a torrent or any other way to get them.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If anyone has torrents for 1UP Yours or Retronauts, please post them here. The more the merrier, I'll seed indefinitely.

Here's GFW Radio:
Working Torrent for GFW if anybody's interested.

Some good times. The story about "salty the singing bible" hit close to home.

The Full Brodeo

Seems like a good place to ask: does anyone have the last three episodes of 1UP FM handy?

I should have backed them up ages ago, and they're not on the server anymore. Oops.

Seems like a good place to ask: does anyone have the last three episodes of 1UP FM handy?

I should have backed them up ages ago, and they're not on the server anymore. Oops.

Pretty sure I've got all of 1UPFM. I'll double check and see about uploading them on Dropbox or something.

Edit: Are those eps, 1 from November and then 2 from December '08? Those are the last 3 I have.

Edit2: Just checked and looks like the last three are missing from my collection too. I wonder if they went down way before all this? It looks like those last three are uploaded differently to the one before.

Do you think it would be feasible to get every torrent of this type together in one post so we have one single source accounting everything?

I will gladly seed whatever, even though my connection is kinda poopoo.

Count me in for seeding till the end of earth too!

Top Bottom