• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Really good post there Reaper.

Gonna watch the big battery mods one later. I've been wanting more bang out of my batteries.

Question though is the strength of the batter what dictates more 'vapor'. I get a decent amount of vapor from my ave juices with standard eGo battery.

What will a battery mod do for me?

daw840

Awesome stuff there. I added most of it to the OP. I just have basic links to the top video reviewers so people can pick and choose what to watch. Thanks!

Gonna watch the big battery mods one later. I've been wanting more bang out of my batteries.

Question though is the strength of the batter what dictates more 'vapor'. I get a decent amount of vapor from my ave juices with standard eGo battery.

It's funny, the variable voltage batteries will help with the vapor production, they also bring out the different flavors of a juice. A buddy of mine just got the Ego Twist battery and he tried a little experiment. He filled a cartomizer with a mix of 10 different fruity flavors at the same time. At different voltage outputs it brought out different flavors. Weird.

Jeels

Okay, I'm ready to buy one. Can someone help me out? I am getting overwhelmed with the options, even among "starter packs".

Someone at my work has a joyetech. The reason I liked it was because it looked like a pen, he was using it at work all summer and I didn't even know. It also produced VERY little vapor at all.

Going off of this, what should I get? Just link me.

daw840

Okay, I'm ready to buy one. Can someone help me out? I am getting overwhelmed with the options, even among "starter packs".

Someone at my work has a joyetech. The reason I liked it was because it looked like a pen, he was using it at work all summer and I didn't even know. It also produced VERY little vapor at all.

Going off of this, what should I get? Just link me.

Check out the OP. Tons of info there!

daw840

Why is the starter kit in the OP the best?

Well, that's just a bang for your buck kind of thing. It's probably not the "best" but it's priced lower than a lot of the other starter kits. I would personally recommend getting a Joyetech Ego-C 1000 mah starter kit. It's pricier though.

This would be my recommendation. When you pick the atomizer, I would select the Low Resistance Mega (Type B).

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_XXL_1000mAh_Starter_Kit_p/ego-c-kitxxl.htm

ReaperXL7

to my knowledge there are various things that can effect throat hit and vapor production. in e-liquid it is based on the amount of pg vs vg ( propolyne vs veg glycirin) the more pg the more flavor, the more vg the more vapor you get.

with the pvs themselves alot of things can effect flavor and or vapor. dripping can give you more vapor, higher volts can aswell. you can also get different amounts of TH and vapor production with different types of attys, clearos, and carts. many eliquids also seem to react differently with different voltages.

ill repot back on some of this when i get my twists this week looking forward to seeing how Variable voltage works for me.

Broseybrose

Why is the starter kit in the OP the best?

The KGO actually really does have the best batteries (1100mah/4.1V). So unless you want something fancy like variable voltage the KGO gives you the best for the best price. I use it and ive been vaping for 2 years!

Double D

Anyone had issues with your teeth hurting? Sounds strange but my front bottom teeth have been sore the last few days and the only thing I can think that is different in my life is that I've been vaping a ton of these fruity juices. I'm going to pick up some of that sensodyne, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this.

ReaperXL7

Anyone had issues with your teeth hurting? Sounds strange but my front bottom teeth have been sore the last few days and the only thing I can think that is different in my life is that I've been vaping a ton of these fruity juices. I'm going to pick up some of that sensodyne, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this.

i dont think i have heard of this before, where have you been buying your juices from? my first thought would be that if your teeth are hurting from using something sweet is maybe you have a cavity, as that has happened to me a couple of times where i eat something sweet and it would hurt my tooth afterward.

though with anything i have no doubt that e cigs, and various juices could effect different people in different ways. I would say go to the dentist and get a check up if you can.

ReaperXL7

Are e cigs a one size fits all? say if you only smoke 3-4 Regular cigs a day. Would a ego size battery be overkill??

Kind of depends really as not all ego batteries are the same size there are a lot of varities of batteries out there. The one thing I would say is that the larger batteries might be overkill for you, but at the same time it just means the battery will last you much longer overall anyway so you could go longer without having to charge it.

Personally I'm not looking at ecigs as a quitting smoking tool for myself, I dislike the taste and smell of cigarettes, but I enjoy the act and social aspects of smoking so I'm really looking at this as a "healthier" alternative to traditional tabacco cigs. especially since the evidence so far points to second hand smoke issues being non exsistant.

If you want an ego id say you would probably be set with a 650mah battery since you don't smoke that many cigs in a day.

Are e cigs a one size fits all? say if you only smoke 3-4 Regular cigs a day. Would a ego size battery be overkill??

As reaper said, just get the smallest Ego you can. You might smoke more e-cigs because they taste better and you don't feel guilty about your health, so it's always nice to have a good battery. I have a 650mah battery and I don't smoke often. It gets me through the day. It's cheap to upgrade anyway.

Broseybrose

No, if you want something for occasional vaping and absolutely do not care about battery life, you get a joye510 or kr808. Those are pen sized in width, shorter in length.

ReaperXL7

alright so i wanted to add some more information here,

First too add to legit suppliers I ordered my kit from

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/

They have a well priced twist kit which allows you to pick your configuration (you can 2 650's, a 650 and a 1000, 2 1000's etc) in the kit and it's all good stuff. It even comes with two ego vision clearomizers, a wall charger, and a case. The only thing missing for me was juice.

Shipping was nice and easy, I placed my order on thursday, and got it on monday so pretty quick in that reguard.

In terms of juice goes I have two orders.

The one that I already recived was from http://www.vermillionriverejuice.com/

The flavor I got was "hard lemonade" and it's pretty good. I don't know if it's something I would use all the time, but still I liked it as you might expect with the name it basically tastes like a vaporized mikes hard lemonade. Shipping was also nice, and quick.

Another reviewer I would add to the list in the OP is

PBusdardo

He's another of the good ones, who is often very informative. PB also tends to do more juice review videos than alot of others out there.

daw840

Awesome! Added and glad you're enjoying it.

edit: I do have a question. Can I get a 510 atty for my Ego for dripping? Will it thread onto it?

daw840

The product description specifically says that they are not for use on ego batteries as they will decrease their lifespan. I would use it on my VV passthrough that plugs into the wall though

DietRob

Got my order from "MyVaporStore" today. Damn that was quick I just placed that order on Sunday night right before the football game.

I got some "Killa Vanilla" and "Pineapple Peach Blast" along with a couple attys and a replacement usb passthrough battery (volcano one was garbage).

The killa vanilla tastes great. The Pineapple Peach Blast doesn't have very much flavor ATM. I bet after it steeps for a while it will get better though.

Jeels

Well, that's just a bang for your buck kind of thing. It's probably not the "best" but it's priced lower than a lot of the other starter kits. I would personally recommend getting a Joyetech Ego-C 1000 mah starter kit. It's pricier though.

This would be my recommendation. When you pick the atomizer, I would select the Low Resistance Mega (Type B).

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_XXL_1000mAh_Starter_Kit_p/ego-c-kitxxl.htm

Okay, I bought this one.

The directions are so confusing. :(

1) I don't think I have any liquid with the starter kit, but I can still produce vapor when I use it (I think I put it together correctly...) The smallest metal part was kind of wet or something when I took it out though? Is that where the liquid is? Why did I get five of those...

2) I have no idea how to add liquid when I get it. The directions make absolutely no sense to me.

Thank you.

Allforce

I saw a commercial for "BluCigs" tonight, checked out the website, and then a little penguin in my head whispered "gafffff" because I guess I remembered there was as thread here about these things.

Here's my background, I was a pack a day smoker until March 15th, 2010, quit cold turkey with help from Chantix. Wife was much lighter smoker but quit shortly after. I haven't so much as held a cig since. Get a weird craving here and there but nothing that doesn't just go away after a few minutes. My wife and I both still enjoy other recreational smoking activities now and then. Sometimes when I'm hanging at a BBQ or just hanging outside with friends/family I've mentioned that I feel like a cigar would go well with the occasion and my wife has encouraged me to do so but I haven't yet out of some weird fear of regressing.

Would looking into one of these qualify as a Bad Idea™? Would these be ok for those nights when we're having a drink or two and hanging out or do you think we're just setting ourselves on a path back to regular cigs?

Broseybrose

Just order the KGO starter kit in the OP. Its basically the only starter kit on earth that comes with (2)1100mah/4V batteries AND is under $45. It also comes with (2) LR 510 attys of good quality plus any charging equipment you'd need.

This is how every vaper starts. 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, and a drip tip and some juice. From there you can look into other atomizers, cartomizers, or tanks to put on your already awesome KGO batteries.

Ive said this repeatedly. The KGO is the best starting kit for anyone. Look how confused Jeels with what he got :p

I still use the KGO and ive been vaping for years. Ive had 2 fancy Variable Voltage EGO C Twists sitting here for weeks waiting to be used and im vaping on my KGO.

daw840

Okay, I bought this one.

The directions are so confusing. :(

1) I don't think I have any liquid with the starter kit, but I can still produce vapor when I use it (I think I put it together correctly...) The smallest metal part was kind of wet or something when I took it out though? Is that where the liquid is? Why did I get five of those...

2) I have no idea how to add liquid when I get it. The directions make absolutely no sense to me.

Thank you.

Ok, here's the deal. Don't try to vape the liquid that comes in the atomizer, it's just there for lubrication and tastes like shit. Here is a video that may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb4Ol1wfQq8

I saw a commercial for "BluCigs" tonight, checked out the website, and then a little penguin in my head whispered "gafffff" because I guess I remembered there was as thread here about these things.

Here's my background, I was a pack a day smoker until March 15th, 2010, quit cold turkey with help from Chantix. Wife was much lighter smoker but quit shortly after. I haven't so much as held a cig since. Get a weird craving here and there but nothing that doesn't just go away after a few minutes. My wife and I both still enjoy other recreational smoking activities now and then. Sometimes when I'm hanging at a BBQ or just hanging outside with friends/family I've mentioned that I feel like a cigar would go well with the occasion and my wife has encouraged me to do so but I haven't yet out of some weird fear of regressing.

Would looking into one of these qualify as a Bad Idea™? Would these be ok for those nights when we're having a drink or two and hanging out or do you think we're just setting ourselves on a path back to regular cigs?

Check out the KGO starter kit in the OP. Also, the EGO-C kit I linked to above is very good.

Just order the KGO starter kit in the OP. Its basically the only starter kit on earth that comes with (2)1000mah/4V batteries AND is under $50. It also comes with (2) LR 510 attys of good quality plus any charging equipment you'd need.

This is how every vaper starts. 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, and a drip tip and some juice. From there you can look into other atomizers, cartomizers, or tanks to put on your already awesome KGO batteries.

Ive said this repeatedly. The KGO is the best starting kit for anyone. Look how confused Jeels with what he got :p

I still use the KGO and ive been vaping for years. Ive had 2 fancy Variable Voltage EGO C Twists sitting here for weeks waiting to be used and im vaping on my KGO.

I have no experience with the KGO honestly. I've pretty much stuck with the authentic Joyetech branded batteries and various attys and cartomizers.

Switching to e-cigs in a week or two.

Actually pretty excited about it lol

Awesome!

Broseybrose

The product description specifically says that they are not for use on ego batteries as they will decrease their lifespan. I would use it on my VV passthrough that plugs into the wall though

Thats true of ANY 1.5ohm atty/carto on any EGO style battery, though. I shouldve linked to the 2ohm version. 2ohm and up will not cause any problems with lifespan.

Though ive been using the exact 1.5ohm that i linked on a KGO and its been extremely resilient. Well over 6 months and like new.

Got some CE3 Bottom Coil Clearomizers this morning and wow. So far the best device I've put on my battery. Easy to fill, no leaking, really smooth and clean draw, great flavour and plumes of vapour. I filled 3 with new flavours because I'm impatient, and they're performing incredibly consistently. It's night and day between these and my experience with the Vision Ego Clearomizer and much cheaper too. 5 for £8:

ce3-carto2.jpg

If you try them, make sure you have/buy a 510 drip tip. The one that comes with it is rubber and it produces a horrible rubber taste when you suck.

DietRob

Been a week and still haven't got my order from Vape Dudes.

I might want to amend my thumbs up for them in the OP if it doesn't come today.

daw840

Been a week and still haven't got my order from Vape Dudes.

I might want to amend my thumbs up for them in the OP if it doesn't come today.

Well, keep us updated. I'll move them down if need be.

Maybe we should have something in between shady and trusted....hmmm

DietRob

Well, keep us updated. I'll move them down if need be.

Maybe we should have something in between shady and trusted....hmmm

Yea that might not be a bad idea.

Trusted

Turtles

Shady

EDIT: Got the juice from Vape Dudes finally today. Was worth the wait. These 2 juices are pretty darn good. They are 95% VG so they are nice and thick like the AVEjuices I like so much.

I got "Orange Cream" which is their interpretation of a creamcicle, really nice flavor.
I also got "Mocha Java Drizzle" it is AMAZING and tastes very much like a Mocha Coffee.

OK this Mocha Java Drizzle is one of the best juices I've tasted. Fuck. Ordering a drum full. If you enjoy the taste of chocolate and coffee at all it is a must try.

ReaperXL7

Alright thought I would give another update I got my juices from the other vendors I ordered from.

The first is heathers heavenly vapes,

The flavors I got with two sample packs.

Blade runner: this one may be my favorite, its a really nice smooth vanilla mint flavor, just a great taste overall and something I could see working well as an all day vape on my end.

Dragons fire: an interesting flavor that's alittle hard to descibe. What I got from it was a smooth cigar type of flavor with alittle bit of a caramel/ nutty taste mixed in, its a really solid flavor imo just hard to nail down all what I taste in it.

Fireball: tastes exactly like a fireball hard candy, had to use just a plain cartomizer as I did not want to melt my clearomizers, but if I can pick up the right tank id vape this often. Just the right amount of heat/spice to wake up the senses.

Do the dew: mountian dew flavored, an interesting novelty vape imo, its spot on MD but just as I would not be able to drink it all day I don't think I could vape this on a regular basis.

Atomic grasshopper: a nice chocolate mint flavor, pretty much tastes like a york peppermint patty. Its good but I tend to like vanilla more than chocolate.

Carnival: a caramel apple juice that's pretty damn good, not sure what else I can say about this one because that's the taste very good though.

Vanilla dream: just a straight up vanilla, a nice creamy flavor, smooth, and easy vape.

Vaping chimp: a banana/ tobacco flavor, its decent but probably my least favorite of the bunch.

They had fast delivery, great customer service, and their prices are great imo. A pretty nice selection of flavors aswell highly recommended.

The other I ordered from is called ahlusions, I ordered an absinthe flavor called blue fairy, a marsala chai flavor, a boba tea flavor, and and another flavor which escapes me. Ill post impressions once I get my delivery, this one is alittle more on the expensive side, but they have quite a few unique flavors that I had not seen elsewhere..

I'm on my phone so ill post some links when I get home

Well i got my egoT kit Im not sure what kind it is I got it in Thailand for about $20 for the kit with 5 full tanks.

So far so good I like it much better than the Ehealth but the thing is big. Looks like youre playing a slide whistle. Not sure if Id want to take it out in public, Will prob get a couple 510s to take with me when Im on the go.

daw840

I'm thinking about adding a juice review section to the OP. Format it like this. The link I'm using is just google for reference.

Juice Name - Review of said juice.

Broseybrose

daw, i think thats gonna be crazy work and probably not worth it since flavor is pretty subjective anyway.

I think "GET A DRIP TIP" in huge bold font should go somewhere in the OP, though. :)

Riggs

Banned
Soooo hey E-CIG people. I am addicted to normal cigarettes, thankfully I am not drinking anymore (At least not often) so my consumption of smokes has gone down like 80%. I can smoke a whole pack in a few hours boozing it up easily.

Do these E Cigarettes really work? Sorry I know this is really basic shit I have not read through this thread much.

DietRob

Soooo hey E-CIG people. I am addicted to normal cigarettes, thankfully I am not drinking anymore (At least not often) so my consumption of smokes has gone down like 80%. I can smoke a whole pack in a few hours boozing it up easily.

Do these E Cigarettes really work? Sorry I know this is really basic shit I have not read through this thread much.

They work if you convince yourself that they are as good or better than regular cigs.

I've turned many people on to ecigs. All the ones who succeed are the ones that were ready to quit. If you are taking this approach as soon as your ECIG arrives dump your pack of cigs in the toilet and promise yourself not to buy anymore. It's only a question that you can answer Riggs.

Are you ready?

ReaperXL7

as stated above it really depends on you, but i will say that getting the right equipment for yourself could go a long way in helping. Imo the ego twist is fantastic, but the mini e-cigs that look like real cigs just did not cut it for me. Also finding a good all day liquid flavor can be really helpful.

i was a pack a day smoker for close to 10 years, and since getting my twists and some great juices almost a week ago i have had no desire for a traditional cigarette. the only draw back in my opinion is that there is an inital high price of entry because you want to make sure you have plenty of e liquid, and back ups for your cartomizers, clearomizers, atomizers etc, make sure you have at least two batteries aswell. the goal is to not give yourself an excuse to go back.

with that said though i have already gained a small savings from switching,there is no second hand smoke, i dont smell like ass anymore, and i can avoid the nasty taste of cigs while still being able to smoke which i enjoy doing. check out the E cig forum in the OP and do some research before jumping in.

cousins

alright so i wanted to add some more information here,

First too add to legit suppliers I ordered my kit from

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/

They have a well priced twist kit which allows you to pick your configuration (you can 2 650's, a 650 and a 1000, 2 1000's etc) in the kit and it's all good stuff. It even comes with two ego vision clearomizers, a wall charger, and a case. The only thing missing for me was juice.

Shipping was nice and easy, I placed my order on thursday, and got it on monday so pretty quick in that reguard.

In terms of juice goes I have two orders.

The one that I already recived was from http://www.vermillionriverejuice.com/

The flavor I got was "hard lemonade" and it's pretty good. I don't know if it's something I would use all the time, but still I liked it as you might expect with the name it basically tastes like a vaporized mikes hard lemonade. Shipping was also nice, and quick.

Another reviewer I would add to the list in the OP is

PBusdardo

He's another of the good ones, who is often very informative. PB also tends to do more juice review videos than alot of others out there.

sounds delicious

Zeth

Update on Bogegate from PBusardo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2rFAjQkyfg

I'm still getting the Turkey Bacon on most of mine too. Some of them are fine though. Going all in on Vivi Nova though, cartos are such a waste of time in comparison. If I'm going to top off cartos all day I might as well drip, since I find it the superior method of vaping in every way.

daw840

You know, I like the taste and vapor production from dripping but it's just such a pain in the ass I don't want to fuck with it. My clearomizers work great.

So I'm totally new to this and got the starter kit listed in the OP and I'm glad I did. This was (sadly) way too complicated for me at the start, although I'm gradually picking up the concepts. I'm gradually burning through the included atomizers and cartridges and I figured I'd better order some backup supplies so I didn't run out. I'm trying to come off a half-pack a day habit and I am not really in a position to give up nicotine right now, but reclaiming some lung capacity would be great.

Anyway, I ended up ordering some cartomizers/clearomizers from www.awesomevapor.com off the recommendation in the OP, along with the 'organic sampler' which was supposed to be 10x 3ml bottles, because I have no idea what I want to smoke yet. Instead, they gave me 20x 3ml bottles (twice as much!) and a really nice handwritten note on the receipt thing in the package saying what the extra flavors were, and thanking me for my order. I feel pretty guilty about googling for a coupon code, now >_>

So anyway, that's a +1 for the recommendation of awesomevapor in the OP. Hope to find some good flavors in here that I can reorder.

I got some Boge cartomizers and I dont like them. Too hard to fill and they make this airy gurgling sound.

I think the Tanks on my Ego are much better

Top Bottom