• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

OK, starting to get into this. I immediately dropped from a half pack a day to like 3 cigs a day, and just now I smoked my first analog in 48 hours.. disgusting. Done.

I have a bunch of juice as mentioned above. I don't like the normal atomizer/cartridge combo, I was getting weird burny flavor (maybe it was just the polyfill in the included cartridges was cheap?) so I tried the CE4 clearomizer, but I didn't really like that either (required too hard of a draw, felt like it took a few seconds on the button to get up to heat, maybe it was just too high resistance). I'm currently using Joyetech cartomizers and it's working out for the most part, but I've got a drip tip and low-resistance atomizer on the way.

Quick question - I'm filling the cartomizers using the 'condom method' for the moment. But I always have like 5-6 drops left over in the cap afterwards, because of the shape of the battery connector. Do I just throw that out, or leave it lying around and hope I don't knock it over, ... ?

Broseybrose

OK, starting to get into this. I immediately dropped from a half pack a day to like 3 cigs a day, and just now I smoked my first analog in 48 hours.. disgusting. Done.

I have a bunch of juice as mentioned above. I don't like the normal atomizer/cartridge combo, I was getting weird burny flavor (maybe it was just the polyfill in the included cartridges was cheap?) so I tried the CE4 clearomizer, but I didn't really like that either (required too hard of a draw, felt like it took a few seconds on the button to get up to heat, maybe it was just too high resistance). I'm currently using Joyetech cartomizers and it's working out for the most part, but I've got a drip tip and low-resistance atomizer on the way.

Quick question - I'm filling the cartomizers using the 'condom method' for the moment. But I always have like 5-6 drops left over in the cap afterwards, because of the shape of the battery connector. Do I just throw that out, or leave it lying around and hope I don't knock it over, ... ?
Youre off to a great start. Youre going to love dripping into an LR atomizer. (They even make "bridge-less" atomizers just for dripping. The "bridge" is the piece inside the atty that touches the foam of the cartridge - entirely unnecessary and can over time be an impediment.)

As far as the leftover juice in your cartocondoms. There is nothing wrong with putting the juice back into the bottle if it hasnt been contaminated by other flavors! If its a really tiny amount just leave it or toss it.

daw840

Just tried this site.

https://www.ecblendflavors.com/

If it's good I'll update you guys.

I just got my order in, that was fast. Ordered late Friday night and it's here today. You guys should definitely try this out. It's fucking amazing. Everything in this pic was less than $20. You can make an unlimited amount of custom creations.

IMAG0034-1.jpg

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Fuck, I was working in a boom lift 45 feet in the air and dropped my lava tube. The lava tube is fine, but my vivi tank exploded. Knew I should have bought a backup tank.

My latest batch of Boge cartomizers are garbage. I'd read online about problems lately but my first 5 worked well. These produce crappy flavour (not just weak but tainted by something... not unpleasant, but not pleasant), are harder to fill (they just doesn't seem to want to absorb much liquid) and they seem to go from working to burnt taste within 10 minutes.

I'm enjoying these and I have a Vivi Nova, does anyone have any recommendations instead of Boge cartomizers? I usually use them as a cheap way to carry around several flavours and try new ones.

daw840

My latest batch of Boge cartomizers are garbage. I'd read online about problems lately but my first 5 worked well. These produce crappy flavour (not just weak but tainted by something... not unpleasant, but not pleasant), are harder to fill (they just doesn't seem to want to absorb much liquid) and they seem to go from working to burnt taste within 10 minutes.

I'm enjoying these and I have a Vivi Nova, does anyone have any recommendations instead of Boge cartomizers? I usually use them as a cheap way to carry around several flavours and try new ones.

I really really like the Vision V2 clearomizers, you should give one of those a shot.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I really really like the Vision V2 clearomizers, you should give one of those a shot.

Have you had any issues with liquid getting in your mouth? I had ones just like those with my 808 kit and if I wasn't hitting it while looking at the ground it would leak juice right into my mouth. Feel the BURN...

I haven't tried any for 510 batteries yet.

What I'd like to get is one of these:
zYXps.png

daw840

Have you had any issues with liquid getting in your mouth? I had ones just like those with my 808 kit and if I wasn't hitting it while looking at the ground it would leak juice right into my mouth. Feel the BURN...

I haven't tried any for 510 batteries yet.

What I'd like to get is one of these:
zYXps.png

Is that a DCT? Those are ok....I like to have some "back pressure" to my atty. It seems like all of the tank attys are very free flowing. Now my buddies Lambo mod battery works great with them, but not with my EGO batts.

I have, one of them was crappy and one was good. But I pretty much use my Vivi Nova/CE3's for my clearomizer needs when I want one tank full of flavour for a day. The Boge cartomizers were 5 for £5 so they were a cheap way to change and mix flavours, so I'm looking for something like that.

DietRob

Is that a DCT? Those are ok....I like to have some "back pressure" to my atty. It seems like all of the tank attys are very free flowing. Now my buddies Lambo mod battery works great with them, but not with my EGO batts.

It's called a Texas Tuff Tank and it's 13.99 kinda steep if you ask me. The ones you linked are a little less. I'll give them a shot.

Double D

I've been switching between a tank like that and a V2 clearomizer. I have the opposite preference. I like the free flowing feel of the clearomizer, and am not as much of a fan of the way the tank feels. It definitely has more notable 'pressure' involved. I feel like I have to pull harder with those.

Also, I feel the vapor production out of the Vision clearo is way better. In fact, out of everything I've tried thus far it's the best. And I've never had a problem with the liquid actually getting in my mouth. I have run into the issue where a bit of the residue builds up on the tip and I get some if it in my mouth. Hasn't bothered me though since I've been vaping nothing but fruity flavors lately.

Lastly, I placed an order the other day to get a few more clearomizers, and also got a few of those cartomizers from Hoosier E-cig. They were cheap, and I really just want them for easier switching of flavors. The order should get here tomorrow so I'll let you know the outcome.

Double D

Got my order. Clearomizers work fantastic. They're still my favorite things to use out of anything I've tried. The little cartomizer things work well. Obviously not as convenient as the clearos but they were cheap and they've got a nice vapor production. I ordered some juice from Hoosier E-cig with this order. Strawberry (tasty), French Vanilla Coffee (tasty), and Gangsta's ParadICE. So the last one was one of the most popular so I went with it. It's like menthol on steroids and I was never a menthol guy, so needless to say, I won't be using a whole lot of that.

In any case, all of the juice I got has like zero throat hit. Being fairly new to all this, I didn't understand the 'PG/VG' thing. All the juices I got were a 60/40 split, and the lowest nicotine (11mg). What I understand now is that all these things factor into vapor production and throat hit.

With all that said, I'm curious what exactly you guys are vaping when it comes to these factors, and if you are getting a good throat hit and production out of them.

Broseybrose

VG is the standard for me. But ill allow a 50/50 VG/PG mix (or anything in between).

With all the new revisions and different brands of clearos, tanks, and cartos, its quite tempting to try them ALL. Shame thats not possible.

At least i know what i WANT. I want a standard res carto for my eGo Twists that is bottom-coil and fillerless.

I would also like to try a tank to keep this carto/clearo soaked at all times. With a cosmetic ring for my stainless eGo twists.

Dont get me wrong, dripping on a bridge-less LR atty is still my favorite way to vape. But I do think Im going to do a little shopping soon.

DietRob

Dont get me wrong, dripping on a bridge-less LR atty is still my favorite way to vape. But I do think Im going to do a little shopping soon.

Dripping is the only way I vape anymore. I have a box of the non crappy boge cartos and it's just nowhere near as good.

I'm going to probably try a multi wick tank soon though. It gets kinda tedious dripping all the time. I just hope the flavor and throat hit will be as good.

I just got the vision V2 clearomizer.
I like the tank size and the smooth draw but...

The thing hits super hard. Like too hard. I dont know why but the smoke it's producing seems very harsh.

I got some of these the other week. They've been working the best for me right now. because they dont leak . At first had that real nasty taste but that went away after a while. They are a little hard to fill but I only refil maybe 2x per day.

Zeth

Good news! Loving the Vivi nova. First one of these type of devices that I actually like. 100% VG virgin vapor stuff works great even. Love that it holds almost 3ml. Huge improvement over the old ego visions I used. Those things sucked. The nova actually tastes like vaping a regular carto.

Ordered some bridgeless atomizers from Avid (306 and 510) but of course they sent me ones with bridges. Will I get pretty much the same result if I remove the bridges myself?

Very happy now using the Vivi nova + occasional dripping. How long do the replaceable coils tend to last in the nova? I probably vape mine far more than I should which shortens their lifespan. I'm coming up on a week with my first and I'm pretty sure it's getting gunked up and burnt by now.

Triple edit: got this stuff called Arctic Wolf from VaporGod. Holy shit it's insane. Strongest menthol I've ever heard of. Nearly impossible for me to vape. Makes my eyes water, choking, etc. I can't believe people can enjoy it. It should have some serious warning label on it. I wouldn't even recommend smelling it from the bottle. Ridiculous overkill, but I guess if you've got a real hard on for that elusive throat hit, and you smoked 3 packs a day, it might be good for you. Searched YouTube for some reviews, seems I'm not alone :lol

The thing hits super hard. Like too hard. I dont know why but the smoke it's producing seems very harsh.

If it's that harsh it might not be wicking properly and just burning. I found that you can't really chain vape those things. Unless you can tell the harshness is vapor and not smoke I'd check that out.

daw840

http://www.ecblendflavors.com/

I seriously can't say enough about this website. It's fucking amazing and the cheapest per ML I have seen. Do yourself a favor and spend fifteen bucks playing around on this site. I spent ~$19 and got 9 5 ml bottles shipped to my door.

edit: Use 10020 for 20% off

DietRob

http://www.ecblendflavors.com/

I seriously can't say enough about this website. It's fucking amazing and the cheapest per ML I have seen. Do yourself a favor and spend fifteen bucks playing around on this site. I spent ~$19 and got 9 5 ml bottles shipped to my door.

edit: Use 10020 for 20% off

So have you tried any of it yet? What did you get?

I'm down to spend 15 on a new supplier. Sadly it's so difficult to get an order in to avejuice with their BS quota of X number of orders a day and there only open 8 hours a day.

But dat GORILLA JUICE nectar of the gods, seriously. It's sold out within about an hour of them opening. I NEED MY FIX!

daw840

So have you tried any of it yet? What did you get?

I'm down to spend 15 on a new supplier. Sadly it's so difficult to get an order in to avejuice with their BS quota of X number of orders a day and there only open 8 hours a day.

But dat GORILLA JUICE nectar of the gods, seriously. It's sold out within about an hour of them opening. I NEED MY FIX!

I made three of my own on their, you have to try that for a couple. One of the liquids there is called Cherry Swirl, I think that's delicious. The other I have tried so far was a creation of my own called Lime Delight

50% Key Lime
15% Almond
35% Pineapple

60/40 VG/PG

Pretty good! I might tone down the limeyness of it though just a tad.

daw840

If you order the Dragon blend line, it recommends steeping them for a while before trying them. 4 of my bottles were that so they are in that process.

DietRob

If you order the Dragon blend line, it recommends steeping them for a while before trying them. 4 of my bottles were that so they are in that process.

Ah so you can create your own. I'll try to see how close I can come to creating gorilla juice. Checking the site now.

I've got $62.02 in the cart @ Alien Visions. If they would just ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg. Dude could make so much money if he had a competent payment system. From what I understand it's run solo by some dude.

I've always wondered what was behind the process of creating your own juice. I'm going to research it and do it one of these days.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ah so you can create your own. I'll try to see how close I can come to creating gorilla juice. Checking the site now.

I've got $62.02 in the cart @ Alien Visions. If they would just ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg. Dude could make so much money if he had a competent payment system. From what I understand it's run solo by some dude.

I've always wondered what was behind the process of creating your own juice. I'm going to research it and do it one of these days.

AVE has resellers. For example:

http://www.smoktek.com/Alien-Visions_c_35.html

And you should look at getting one of those genesis tanks so you don't have to drip all the time. You can get one of those knock-offs out of China for ~25 bucks.

Zeth

All the best stuff is near impossible to get. Anyone have a scoop on when/how to get a Z-Atty Pro? The demand is so high for everything that's actually good, it makes it really difficult to get. I've heard great things about the genesis-style devices, but they're usually over $100 and perpetually sold out.

Hopeful about getting a ProVari before year's end, thus ending my cycle of rotating countless ego-twist/KGO style devices.

Broseybrose

Hell no the mesh is garbage. Thats why we remove them to make bridgeless attys. The only important part of an atty is the coil at the bottom.

I recently saw a vid where a woman was reviewing a fillerless bottom-coil clearomizer. I think it was the Phoenix from gotvapes. Anyway, they look pretty good and i was thinking of starting with those. Ive only really tried Vision Clearos so far.

Are bottom coils and fillerless common for cartomizers now? Like, your modern everyday Boge or Smoktek cartos arent bottom coil and fillerless now, are they?

Zeth

Hell no the mesh is garbage. Thats why we remove them to make bridgeless attys. The only important part of an atty is the coil at the bottom.

I recently saw a vid where a woman was reviewing a fillerless bottom-coil clearomizer. I think it was the Phoenix from gotvapes. Anyway, they look pretty good and i was thinking of starting with those. Ive only really tried Vision Clearos so far.

Are bottom coils and fillerless common for cartomizers now? Like, your modern everyday Boge or Smoktek cartos arent bottom coil and fillerless now, are they?

I was referring to those genesis-style devices. I thought the mesh had something to do with the way it can wick so well vertically all the way from the bottom. I'm probably wrong. Check out the photos of the Z-Atty Pro: http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/topsecret/wordpress/2012/08/25/capturing-the-z-atty-pro/ Supposedly awesome. Out of stock for at least 4 weeks and they'll sell out again instantly I'm sure.

Didn't know you could oxidize them yourself, noted.

Double D

Are you getting a lot of vapor out of it? My first experience with them was when I bought two. One works great. Super cloudy, smooth vapor hits. The other is fucked. Weak vapor production and it burns my throat. I've since bought two more and they both function well.

Are you getting a lot of vapor out of it? My first experience with them was when I bought two. One works great. Super cloudy, smooth vapor hits. The other is fucked. Weak vapor production and it burns my throat. I've since bought two more and they both function well.

I think it's producing too much vapor. If I take a long drag like a regular cigarette it's like inhaling fire.

with the normal tank I get the same amount of vapor and it feels fine.

Broseybrose

As a dripper and non-carto kinda guy, Ive mentioned previously that carto tech and ecig tech in general has definitely evolved recently. I currently use 2 1100mah kGo batts and 2 1000mah VV eGo Twists and I love them.

For attys, lately ive been going the 2.5ohmCisco Spec Bridgeless route and theyre the best (non LR) 510 attys ive come across in my 3 years vaping. I have not yet tried these new 1.5ohm AERO Cisco Spec Premium Bridgeless Atomizers, but i plan to.

Anyway the point is I just placed an order for 5pc GotVapes Phoenix Bottom Coil Clearos and a Phoenix Bottom Coil eGo Tank Clearomizer and ill report back soon with initial impressions.

Here is the Youtube review of the Phoenix Bottom Coil Clearomizers that inspired the purchase. Once on their website i saw the Phoenix eGo Tank Clearo and had to try one as well. Especially since they all come in 2.6ohm which is perfect for my VV Twists.

Anybody know how to get some silica rope cheap so I can make LONG wicks for my Kanger T2 Clearomizers?

EDIT: Never mind, I just bought a foot, rated to 1000 degrees centigrade, for $6.75 shipped on eBay.

Anyway the point is I just placed an order for 5pc GotVapes Phoenix Bottom Coil Clearos and a Phoenix Bottom Coil eGo Tank Clearomizer and ill report back soon with initial impressions.

Here is the Youtube review of the Phoenix Bottom Coil Clearomizers that inspired the purchase. Once on their website i saw the Phoenix eGo Tank Clearo and had to try one as well. Especially since they all come in 2.6ohm which is perfect for my VV Twists.

Those look identical to the CE3's I talked about a couple of weeks ago. Probably just different branding in the US. I think they're great. I got 5, all of them worked. None of them leaked. All produced great taste and vapour. Still using them today!

Broseybrose

Those look identical to the CE3's I talked about a couple of weeks ago. Probably just different branding in the US. I think they're great. I got 5, all of them worked. None of them leaked. All produced great taste and vapour. Still using them today!

They do look pretty identical. Wonder if they really are though.

EDIT

Upon further inspection, they do look truly identical to the CE3s. Cool, at least now we know a place to get them in the US.

phoenix_2.png

ce3-carto2.jpg

Im so excited that theyre in the post on their way to me!

Zeth

Broseybrose: your bridgeless 510 Cisco atomizers. Is there any wick inside the coil? I removed the bridge on mine but it's gonna be difficult to get the tiny but of wick that the coil is wrapped around. Pissed they sent me 4 atomizers with bridges when I ordered bridgeless. They told me removing them myself would give me the same result.

daw840

Broseybrose: your bridgeless 510 Cisco atomizers. Is there any wick inside the coil? I removed the bridge on mine but it's gonna be difficult to get the tiny but of wick that the coil is wrapped around. Pissed they sent me 4 atomizers with bridges when I ordered bridgeless. They told me removing them myself would give me the same result.
What supplier? I'll indicate it in the op

Broseybrose

Don't think so. If youre de-bridging yourself, once you remove the excess wick and mesh (and the bridge of course), youre done. Dont worry yourself if there's a tiny ass wick inside the tiny ass coil at the bottom. That's probably the case on the bridgeless attys as well. Also you have every right to be pissed. That is pretty lame.

What supplier? I'll indicate it in the op

Yeah in my 2nd to last post i included a lot of links. AvidVaper.com for the Bridgeless Cisco Attys that Zeth is referring to, and GotVapes.com for the Phoenix Botttom Coil Clearomizers i just ordered. I would honestly include both in Trusted Vendors, but Zeth's story should be told i suppose.

Zeth

Avid Vaper's Cisco spec atomizers are probably the gold standard for traditional atomizers. I still wouldn't give them a bad review. Ikenvape is another great source for atomizers but I don't have much experience with them. I believe they supply other vendors as well.

speedline

Banned

I've used these before, pretty good but they seemed to leak out the bottom a lot and get clogged up eventually. When they are fresh they are awesome. You can clean them and reuse them. They can be a little difficult to fill up if you don't have something to pick the rubber ring out in order to put your juice in there.

I've used these before, pretty good but they seemed to leak out the bottom a lot and get clogged up eventually. When they are fresh they are awesome. You can clean them and reuse them. They can be a little difficult to fill up if you don't have something to pick the rubber ring out in order to put your juice in there.

I've been using mine for 2 weeks now and I haven't had a single leak. Hopefully it's not a Boge scenario where every other batch I get is lower quality.

Anyone had any experience with www.juicyvapor.com? I've found a UK vendor and they seem to be pretty well regarded. Their Ecto Plasma juice in particular has great reviews all over YouTube. Any other flavours people would recommend?

surly

Banned
Those bottom coil CE3s look pretty cool. I'm gonna try a pack. I'm using the regular CE3s at the moment and I find them a bit hit and miss. One will be perfect, while the next one I try tastes all burnt and doesn't wick properly.

I bought one of these a few days ago: -

emVNj.jpg

I'd read mixed reviews, but I wanted something fairly small, with a battery that would last an evening, and that I could switch on and off so that it doesn't activate in my pocket. Basically a "down the pub" e-cig. This fits the bill well IMO and so far it hasn't leaked, which is one of the gripes I'd read.

surly

Banned
how about you just quit... PERIOD... willpower
I would love to give up, but I've always found it incredibly difficult.

I've been using an e-cig for over a year and in that time I've not smoked any tobacco. I've saved a ton of money, my health is noticeably improved, and over time I've cut down on both the strength of nicotine juice that I use with the e-cig and my overall consumption level, so while quitting completely is obviously preferable, I would take where I'm at now over where I was 18 months ago!

Top Bottom