• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Hip Hop

Can anyone recommend something for a beginner?

I have some high nicotine liquid and some that has none at all, so I'm reading that the type of vape you choose is important or it can taste harsh or burnt.

Looking to spend around $50? Good brand.

Thanks.

I have some high nicotine liquid and some that has none at all, so I'm reading that the type of vape you choose is important or it can taste harsh or burnt.

Thanks.

I'm hearing good things about the Nautilus 2.

Anton668

anybody wanna help a brother out and bootleg me some good juice into Indiana!
gonna have to see what vape shops are on the borders :( which means paying far more than need be for juice!

Rizific

Thanks.

http://www.vapordna.com/Starter-Kits-s/1820.htm
starter kits have come a LONG way. ideally as a starter you might want to lean towards a tank that has replaceable coil heads that stores around you carry on their shelves. id check out your local shops first before committing to anything to see what is readily available. burnt taste and harshness are two different things. burnt taste will come from burnt coils, burnt cottons, or hot spots on the coil. harshness will depend on the nicotine level and how much power you push to the coil. so choose something with adjustable wattage/voltage. stay away from mechanical mods.

Hip Hop

I'm hearing good things about the Nautilus 2.

http://www.vapordna.com/Starter-Kits-s/1820.htm
starter kits have come a LONG way. ideally as a starter you might want to lean towards a tank that has replaceable coil heads that stores around you carry on their shelves. id check out your local shops first before committing to anything to see what is readily available. burnt taste and harshness are two different things. burnt taste will come from burnt coils, burnt cottons, or hot spots on the coil. harshness will depend on the nicotine level and how much power you push to the coil. so choose something with adjustable wattage/voltage. stay away from mechanical mods.

Looking now at SMOK Alien 220W TC and TFV8 Baby Beast

and

Aspire Zelos 50W Starter Kit (Nautilus 2 and Zelos Box Mod)

If you guys have any other suggestions, and are these two good for their asking price($60)? good brands?

I just have no idea how to go about it, it's daunting. So I have to buy batteries, and then a charger? coils and all that too.

Have no clue what good brands are for that either.

ViviOggi

Looking now at SMOK Alien 220W TC and TFV8 Baby Beast

and

Aspire Zelos 50W Starter Kit (Nautilus 2 and Zelos Box Mod)

If you guys have any other suggestions, and are these two good for their asking price($60)? good brands?

I just have no idea how to go about it, it's daunting. So I have to buy batteries, and then a charger? coils and all that too.

Have no clue what good brands are for that either.

Both are good brands from what I hear, although I've only used the Nautilus personally. I'd definitely start with the latter instead of jumping in with a subohm juice guzzler like the TFV8, which also won't play well at all with the high nic juice you got. And if you decide to get into bigger clouds later on you'll still be glad to have a compact kit around.

Hip Hop

Both are good brands from what I hear, although I've only used the Nautilus personally. I'd definitely start with the latter instead of jumping in with a subohm juice guzzler like the TFV8, which also won't play well at all with the high nic juice you got. And if you decide to get into bigger clouds later on you'll still be glad to have a compact kit around.

Thanks!

I'll be sure to go with that one..

For reference, this is what I currently own.
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-TOP-EVOD-Starter-Kit-p/krsv05.htm

Is the Nautilus 2 kit a big jump from this? Just trying to work my way up.

Rizific

Thanks!

I'll be sure to go with that one..

For reference, this is what I currently own.
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-TOP-EVOD-Starter-Kit-p/krsv05.htm

Is the Nautilus 2 kit a big jump from this? Just trying to work my way up.

id say its an ok jump up from that. that design of atomiziers (the one that you currently own) is like from 5 years ago and are really bottom of the barrel/gas station ecig quality compared to whats out now. id still suggest hitting up your local shops to see what replacement coil heads are readily available. the way stores around me are ran, they stock whatever is the most popular at the time. right now those being the newer smok, aspire, and kanger stuff. there are SO MANY different tanks with replaceable heads out now that shops only carry a select few choices.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Bought the Alien Smok this week and man what a great mod it is. Just started to build my own coils as well and will start creating my own liquids when i have my next salary.
Smoking has never been this fun and i seriously loathe normal cigs now. Have been smoking for at least 20 years and it was surpisingly easy to quit with the beginner mod..

Any recommendations and/or tips on making liquids?

Wallach

oh god

I loaded up some 18mg castle long I have had for a while after having been on 6mg stuff for the past month or so

feels like I just took a bong hit wtf why was I ever vaping 18mg

What's the point of tobacco flavoured liquids?

I got some caramel, banana and tobacco flavoured juice for free and it tastes worst than the 20 Marlborough's I used to smoke a day.

Kwixotik

I got some caramel, banana and tobacco flavoured juice for free and it tastes worst than the 20 Marlborough's I used to smoke a day.
My impression was that most people who use tobacco flavor are using vaping as a stepping stone to quit the habit altogether. So they don't want to make vaping more enjoyable by using different flavors, making it harder for them to quit the vape later on. I'm interested in trying a clove flavor though.

In other news, I just got my first vape on Monday, a Wismec Predator 228W. I was only a social smoker before September, at which point I was geographically and socially isolated. Started smoking to keep me sane and continued up til last week. I was only smoking a pack a week, but it was gradually increasing and I've seen research that a pack a week isn't much better for you than a pack a day. I wasn't physically addicted, but I enjoyed the ritual of it despite the guilt I associated with it.

I decided to get this vape and some diketone-free eliquid to minimize my health risks (or hopefully do so anyway). However, I was concerned that I'd end up just vaping constantly and that's exactly what I've been doing the past 3 days. I'm at 300 puffs total and counting now, and I take pretty deep hits. I'm only using 3mg liquid. It's just too damn enjoyable and I don't have the smell/dirty feeling/mild sick feeling/guilt I associate with cigs. I have had a scratchy throat though.

I just hope the long term health risks really do end up being minimal. And I hope that Im just chain vaping due to the novelty of it and will slow down later. I was only spending $6 on cigs a week, but I'm already through 1/3 of my 30ml bottle. If I keep going at this rate, it'll end up more expensive than cigs.

Anyway I guess I'm in the club now.

Kwixotik

Scratch what I said about liquid being more expensive than cigs. Found a shop called Northland Vapor. They say all their liquids are diketone free (I requested lab results, who knows if they'll provide) and they've got this sampler pack where you get five 30ml bottles of your choice for $16. Holy shit.

MickD

The al85 is awesome! Had an evic for my first "mod" after doing the lil joytech pens. I mostly use it for wax in a saionara. What's a great juice site? I've tried mt baker, vape wild, and Casey Jones. I hate them.

Broseybrose

The al85 is awesome! Had an evic for my first "mod" after doing the lil joytech pens. I mostly use it for wax in a saionara. What's a great juice site? I've tried mt baker, vape wild, and Casey Jones. I hate them.

Try Kite In Cloud's Lenola Cream. Once I discovered KIC, its all I vape!

KIC's Yellow Noisemaker is pretty good too.

Kwixotik

The one I mentioned a few posts ago is pretty good. My juice just came today so I've only tried one of the five flavors, but this Earl Grey Tea is the shit. It's cheap as hell too.

I also tried this juice called "That Thai Tea Tho" that a friend had that might be one of the best flavors I've ever tried. It's got diketones though, so I won't buy a full bottle, but if you don't mind then go for it.

Anton668

bloody hell you all is too quiet!

anyways...

I think I just inadvertently ended up in a vape arms race with the ppl I work with! lol

well, I keep seeing more ppl with rigs where I work. And while my lil setup has done me well in the past.... i'll admit, been somewhat envious of others rigs. I still have my istick tc40w and a kanger subtank. the istick has been dropped too many times(but it still works!) and having taken advantage of the rba deck of the subtank I learned, its a pita to build on it! still beats paying far too much for coils which may or may not even last 2 days!

anywho... it being payday, and me being bored I hit the webs...

and so far my damage is...

7128_zoom_1500867563.jpg

and
digiflavor-siren-mtl-detailed-page-title-1000x670__10816.1476138515.1000.1200__53001.1476410100.1000.1200.jpg

for just shy of $100

its already too late for me isnt it... ;)

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Nice haul! That seems like a good set up, you'll have to give your thoughts on it once you've used it a bit. I know that arms race feeling lol that's how I felt when I picked up my Revenant Cartel 160 a few months back.

Hi vapegaf 🙋

I'm always on the lookout for a decent tobacco flavored juice. I relapsed onto rollups last year after 12 years free from smoking.

Luckily, I found vaping a few months later. The tobacco flavor helps me scratch that itch but admittedly I need a tank of sweet stuff ready to go alongside.

I quit vaping near Christmas but now I'm back and have joined the sub ohm master race: just bought an smok alien 220w with baby beast tank. I love it. And now I have the bug and want more box mods!

Funny thing is I still love the hit from my old Mudder dual coil tank and ego battery setup because the hit is cooler and smoother. Tried to get a similar result from my box mod and am running it at a massive 18w lol.

Currently searching for a decent non sub ohm vape to rival my old Mudder, since they have stopped making the coils and I am on my last one. I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Hi vapegaf 🙋

I'm always on the lookout for a decent tobacco flavored juice. I relapsed onto rollups last year after 12 years free from smoking.

Luckily, I found vaping a few months later. The tobacco flavor helps me scratch that itch but admittedly I need a tank of sweet stuff ready to go alongside.

I quit vaping near Christmas but now I'm back and have joined the sub ohm master race: just bought an smok alien 220w with baby beast tank. I love it. And now I have the bug and want more box mods!

Funny thing is I still love the hit from my old Mudder dual coil tank and ego battery setup because the hit is cooler and smoother. Tried to get a similar result from my box mod and am running it at a massive 18w lol.

Currently searching for a decent non sub ohm vape to rival my old Mudder, since they have stopped making the coils and I am on my last one. I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks!
Nice! Had an alien 220w last year and it held up a good 8 months before dying so they can last awhile but YMMV. Id check on JuiceDB for good tobacco flavors plus vendors usually have on going discounts on their juices.

Nice! Had an alien 220w last year and it held up a good 8 months before dying so they can last awhile but YMMV. Id check on JuiceDB for good tobacco flavors plus vendors usually have on going discounts on their juices.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm in the UK though and not sure if juicedb covers uk vendors.

Only 8 months... damn, i want mine to last forever :)

Actually, I've heard the alien has a few problems that I've only become aware of after buying, such as the paint scratching easily and not being good with temperature control which I have both experienced.

Wattage mode is great but I bought some stainless steel coils to use in tc mode and it keeps sensing the resistance wrong and the results are not very good.

Probably going to get a wismec reuleaux RX200 because it is supposed be better with tc. Tempted to get some lower wattage box mods too like the innokin cool fire IV. The integrated batteries are scaring me off, though.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm in the UK though and not sure if juicedb covers uk vendors.

Only 8 months... damn, i want mine to last forever :)

Actually, I've heard the alien has a few problems that I've only become aware of after buying, such as the paint scratching easily and not being good with temperature control which I have both experienced.

Wattage mode is great but I bought some stainless steel coils to use in tc mode and it keeps sensing the resistance wrong and the results are not very good.

Probably going to get a wismec reuleaux RX200 because it is supposed be better with tc. Tempted to get some lower wattage box mods too like the innokin cool fire IV. The integrated batteries are scaring me off, though.

Yeah I'm not sure, but I think some vendors also ship to the UK but I'm not sure what the laws are it the UK as far as importing e-liquid.

Yeah mine had a meltdown during the night while I was sleeping it would fire up to the 10 seconds, hit the limit, stop, and then refire multiple times until it woke me up and I panicked. Now I never sleep with my mid on my nightstand lol. I haven't seen people have the problem so I think you will be good.

If you are looking to get into TC mods go with DNA chip mod avoid the one in the alien and omni as they are aren't very good for TC. Also heard that the chip in VooPoo Drag is fair accurate in TC and also has CCW.

Anton668

crap. just noticed ima have to get a battery charger now. all my others had usb charging.
will any charger work or is there something special with these ecig batterys?

and i guess ima have to get another battery at some point so... whats the goto brand nowadays?

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
crap. just noticed ima have to get a battery charger now. all my others had usb charging.
will any charger work or is there something special with these ecig batterys?

and i guess ima have to get another battery at some point so... whats the goto brand nowadays?
What kind of batteries are they?? 18650's??

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
it comes with and is set up for 26650. but it does include an adapter so one could use 18650's

this is it 100W GeekVape Aegis TC Box MOD with 26650 Battery

this is the tank if anyone is interested... Siren GTA MTL Tank 25 by DigiFlavor
Oh ok. I looked it up and you can use the Nitecore New I2 which is the charger I use for my 18650's but also works for 26650's. Most online vendors who sell chargers will list what batteries will work for the chargers if you buy online.

Anton668

Oh ok. I looked it up and you can use the Nitecore New I2 which is the charger I use for my 18650's but also works for 26650's. Most online vendors who sell chargers will list what batteries will work for the chargers if you buy online.

my question wasnt which charger from a vape store can I use, but is there a difference between the ones sold in vape stores and a general battery charger bought at say walmart or amazon as long as it states its capable of handling Li-ion/Li-Ni whatever the battery happens to be? Cuz I swear Ive a few good battery chargers around the house if I can remember where the hell there at lol

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
my question wasnt which charger from a vape store can I use, but is there a difference between the ones sold in vape stores and a general battery charger bought at say walmart or amazon as long as it states its capable of handling Li-ion/Li-Ni whatever the battery happens to be? Cuz I swear Ive a few good battery chargers around the house if I can remember where the hell there at lol
I don't think it would matter, but I'd double check with the manufacturer to make sure.

Yes, there is a difference. You will need to buy a special charger.

Anton668

fair nuff. but can anyone answer me why. what is the difference tween ecig batts and other high end rechargeables?

mind you when i said i had some chargers laying about, i wasnt talking about some cheapy dollar store crap. i have a multi cell high end charger I paid around $50 for and some other I paid round $25+ for. just wish i knew where they were lol

ETA: and I think I found my answer. its due to voltages. of the device vs the batterys

Yeah I'm not sure, but I think some vendors also ship to the UK but I'm not sure what the laws are it the UK as far as importing e-liquid.

Yeah mine had a meltdown during the night while I was sleeping it would fire up to the 10 seconds, hit the limit, stop, and then refire multiple times until it woke me up and I panicked. Now I never sleep with my mid on my nightstand lol. I haven't seen people have the problem so I think you will be good.

If you are looking to get into TC mods go with DNA chip mod avoid the one in the alien and omni as they are aren't very good for TC. Also heard that the chip in VooPoo Drag is fair accurate in TC and also has CCW.

Glad you reminded me about the DNA part. I thought the wismec rx200 had the DNA chip in it. It doesn't. The wismec DNA 200 is like four time the price at £135. Yikes! There's a lost vape DNA 75 for £100 which is cheaper and I hear they are a good manufacturer.

I think I might just get the rx200 anyway to get used to wismec mods before spending that much.

Gonna get myself the white and mauve rx200 and an innokin isubg tank as it's the only decent (i hope) tank that Amazon have in white :/

Today I received my cigma vape ecig:
105261-450x4505fanh.jpg

The worlds smallest ecig apparently with almost universal 5 star reviews on Amazon. I love the look and feel of it but the tiny coil is spitting out nothing but burnt cotton. It's the first automatic and cigarette looking vape I've owned and it really does evoke the feeling of analogue cigs including combustion. So disappointed. I will give it the benefit of the doubt and order some new coils before I bin it.

Also received my aspire k1 starter kit as part of my search to replace my beloved mudder tank:
aspire-k1-starter-kitibz0d.jpg

This is great. The cool and smooth vape I was looking for. Well built and fuss free. Good cloud size. Very nice to have when sub ohm vaping gets a bit too heavy. My first aspire and so far i'm very impressed.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Glad you reminded me about the DNA part. I thought the wismec rx200 had the DNA chip in it. It doesn't. The wismec DNA 200 is like four time the price at £135. Yikes! There's a lost vape DNA 75 for £100 which is cheaper and I hear they are a good manufacturer.

I think I might just get the rx200 anyway to get used to wismec mods before spending that much.

Gonna get myself the white and mauve rx200 and an innokin isubg tank as it's the only decent (i hope) tank that Amazon have in white :/

Today I received my cigma vape ecig:
105261-450x4505fanh.jpg

The worlds smallest ecig apparently with almost universal 5 star reviews on Amazon. I love the look and feel of it but the tiny coil is spitting out nothing but burnt cotton. It's the first automatic and cigarette looking vape I've owned and it really does evoke the feeling of analogue cigs including combustion. So disappointed. I will give it the benefit of the doubt and order some new coils before I bin it.

Also received my aspire k1 starter kit as part of my search to replace my beloved mudder tank:
aspire-k1-starter-kitibz0d.jpg

This is great. The cool and smooth vape I was looking for. Well built and fuss free. Good cloud size. Very nice to have when sub ohm vaping gets a bit too heavy. My first aspire and so far i'm very impressed.
Yeah I made the same mistake and bought the same one awhile back. They seem to be OK but I know Wismec is known to have problems with their 510 conmections whether it's with the soldering or in the Wismec Predators case the 510 housing can come off with the tank when you screw it off. Lost Vape are a pretty good brand or at least from what I've heard.

Anyone have any good fruit flavor recommendations? I've tried tried level up vapors combo breaker (Mango & cream) and Ronin's banzai (peacherine with menthol). Just looking to get a different flavor to avoid vapor tounge

Anton668

unfortunately thanks to a co-worker I come to you with a PSA...

Never leave your modbox behind on top of a redbox kiosk cuz it wont be there when you go back for it!

hes now out a captain pd270 that he had for a whole month(that he over paid for from the local b&m store)

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
unfortunately thanks to a co-worker I come to you with a PSA...

Never leave your modbox behind on top of a redbox kiosk cuz it wont be there when you go back for it!

hes now out a captain pd270 that he had for a whole month(that he over paid for from the local b&m store)
That sucks, I almost did that last weekend at a Texas Roadhouse. Luckily when I went back it was still there. Yeah B&M places are quite a bit more than buying online.

Anton668

alright, so the new kit showed up and right of the bat... holy hell this thing is gonna take some getting used to coming from an istick! the battery alone is damn near the size of the istick lol

Prez

I recently bought my first e-cigarettes and I could use some help to decide how much nicotine is enough for me. I'm used to 12-15 regular cigarettes a day but I really want to avoid ending up consuming more nicotine.

Last week I bought a Joyetech Ego One V2 and I'm using e-liquids with 6mg/ml nicotine. I vape about 3-4ml a day, mouth to lung, with a 1 ohm coil. Would 6mg be too much in this case?

Today I added a Vaporesso Target Mini which has a 0.5 ohm coil. I can set the wattage on this device and 12-16 Watt is about right for me. It definitely produces more vape then the Joyetech. Assuming I would vape 4ml a day on average, should I lower the nicotine content to 3mg/ml?

Anton668

last I remembered, there isnt a 1 to 1 on nic intake with cigs vs vape. I swear I read a report long ago saying with the way nic gets delivered to the body with smoking vs vaping, to get the equivalent nic intake with vaping the nic levels would have to be around 50(ish)?

But if your worried about nic intake, just start decreasing the nic lvls. If you notice youre going through more juice with the lower lvls on the same setup, maybe go up 1.

hell, when I started I was pack a day and I went with 24? im now at 6. took me awhile as I wasnt really trying to lower. it just happened

I decided to upgrade from a SMOK V8 Stick to a SMOK ProColor Mod kit. I bought it on MyVaporStore and will be getting it on Tuesday most likely. What's a good blueberry juice to try? I've been getting juices made by Good Guy Vapes, but they are in small containers.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
I decided to upgrade from a SMOK V8 Stick to a SMOK ProColor Mod kit. I bought it on MyVaporStore and will be getting it on Tuesday most likely. What's a good blueberry juice to try? I've been getting juices made by Good Guy Vapes, but they are in small containers.
I know this might be late but are you looking for only blueberry or something with blueberry?

I know this might be late but are you looking for only blueberry or something with blueberry?

Either one.

I'm also looking for one similar to Milk by the Pound, which I tried recently. It tastes like pound cake.

Maybe something similar to bakery items or breakfast items (french toast or pancakes).

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Either one.

I'm also looking for one similar to Milk by the Pound, which I tried recently. It tastes like pound cake.

Maybe something similar to bakery items or breakfast items (french toast or pancakes).
If you are in the US I've enjoyed Vox Populi by Roman Haze but it's a mix of apricot and blueberry.

A place that has good breakfast type vapes is Golden State Vape which has a good Apple Waffle and has been an adv for me. If you do want to by from there they do have a 60% off right now at the moment.

If you are in the US I've enjoyed Vox Populi by Roman Haze but it's a mix of apricot and blueberry.

A place that has good breakfast type vapes is Golden State Vape which has a good Apple Waffle and has been an adv for me. If you do want to by from there they do have a 60% off right now at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check Golden State Vape out.

A question: Do people generally get multiple mods? I started vaping serious like 3 months ago with a purchase of Smok Stick V8 and now I have a Stick V8, a ProClolor, and I got a Revenger like 4 days ago.

I'm thinking about selling the Stick V8 and getting a Stick X8. Can I sell them on Craigslist? Is it safe to sell mods on Craigslist? I've sold other stuff on Craigslist already.

Rizific

A question: Do people generally get multiple mods? I started vaping serious like 3 months ago with a purchase of Smok Stick V8 and now I have a Stick V8, a ProClolor, and I got a Revenger like 4 days ago.

I'm thinking about selling the Stick V8 and getting a Stick X8. Can I sell them on Craigslist? Is it safe to sell mods on Craigslist? I've sold other stuff on Craigslist already.

i used to always have multiple mods, but now im just down to one, sigelei fuchai 213. as long as it has the features you want/need then i dont see a reason to own multiple mods. same with atomizers. ive been through countless atomizers and usually settle on one for a good long while. rebuildable "dripping" atomizers are my jam right now and im using the kylin by vandy vape. craigslist works for selling mods, but that comes with a million idiots and scammers. facebook vape groups for your city work well in my experience.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member

I keep two. I use one for when I'm out and about with a juice I won't get sick of and another at home for a different juice or testing new juices. Also I forgot to put the code but it is GSV60

Another question I have: Is it common for a juice to just lose it's flavor after vaping it for a while? I have been vaping Milk by the Pound for a week and it doesn't have the same taste as before. It doesn't taste burnt so I don't think it's a coil.

Rizific

Another question I have: Is it common for a juice to just lose it's flavor after vaping it for a while? I have been vaping Milk by the Pound for a week and it doesn't have the same taste as before. It doesn't taste burnt so I don't think it's a coil.

common when vaping the same flavor over and over and over. "vapors tounge" or "vapors fatigue". http://olympiavaporworks.com/vapers-tongue/ sums it up pretty well. in your case, its likely from using the same juice. this is why im subbed to a monthly juice subscription plan. different bottle of juice every day and no more wasting time in vape shops shopping for juice.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Rizific pretty much nailed it. I live in a state where a subscription service like zample box won't deliver to me since it is illegal to sell nicotine products online. A way I bypass it is to have two tanks with two different flavor contrasting flavors like a brandy poached pear and fruit loops with milk. It is more costly as far as of you are doing pre-built coils but you could always learn how to do RDAs or RDTAs to bring costs down.

Top Bottom