• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Forza Motorsport 2 Custom Liveries Parade

_Angelus_

Banned
Nice editor for the game.
Like the saying goes,its so easy even a caveman can do it.
Which is pretty amazing considering I'm the worst at this sort of thing.

e8711747-e361-42c7-88ac-8b44f7aad78.jpg

e977e4bf-fc0e-45a2-8385-b0cddb529eb.jpg

843e806a-9e2e-4f86-8703-1c3717fbeb4.jpg

b5a78e30-9f14-4156-b460-1cba9beeda8.jpg

cochese

Still have a couple of cars to do but i have to take a break. I will continue to do them later on tonight. Y2kev.....nice car. :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay, I think I'm gonna experiment with the livery editor for the first time now.

Anyone got any tips?

Just put up another version of my Duck Hunt car on the auction house. To find it search: Make- Lancia, Price- 50,000 - 99,999CR.

528344564_728bf4c212_o.jpg

The one on the auction house is number 3 not 2.

Ravenn17

sportzhead said:
Just put up another version of my Duck Hunt car on the auction house. To find it search: Make- Lancia, Price- 50,000 - 99,999CR.

528344564_728bf4c212_o.jpg

The one on the auction house is number 3 not 2.

How long is the auction, and does it have a buy it now price?

I'm half way through an endurance race. -_-

Y2Kev

I managed to write TOMB across the hood of my car before realizing I'm so lost :lol

I have no idea how you guys do it but bravo.

Haklong

Wow guys, that's some really great work. m0dus, I don't know how you do it but wow. I would love a MGS and Wind Waker car. Need to raise money so I can buy one the next time you put it up on the AH.

Dirtbag

Ramirez said:
Don't have the game, but just wanted to pop in and say the car designs you guys are making look amazing. :)

Man, I have to agree. I'm a graphic designer, and I think I'm going to go buy this game just to make paint jobs. MS needs to incorporate this type of thinking into more of its games.

This is an amazing use of xbox live, but built into the core game. Love it.

Miktrebla

I just went to an Arcade Fire concert in Berkeley last Saturday, so all I have been thinking about is Arcade Fire.

My first paint job on a car. I'm still getting used to the tools, and I'm still tinkering with a few things on this car, so I guess I'm not finished yet.

66v3fkg.jpg

52yn85w.jpg

4l57gnq.jpg

4tpqq2s.jpg

Y2Kev

Dirtbag 504 said:
Man, I have to agree. I'm a graphic designer, and I think I'm going to go buy this game just to make paint jobs. MS needs to incorporate this type of thinking into more of its games.

This is an amazing use of xbox live, but built into the core game. Love it.

The designs are great, but what impresses me MORE is that these designs are created essentially through geometric planning. Not that all designs aren't, but there's no freehand drawing here...everyone is planning meticulously and creating these utterly fabulous designs from prebuilt shapes.

I'm calling lego on you people.

Who wants to make a Yankees car? :D

I've made 260 thousand $ already. Sun is about to rise over here...there's still like what? 4 hours for the auction to end? I need some sleep...

Goddamnit...i want that car!!!

jet1911

Miktrebla said:
I just went to an Arcade Fire concert in Berkeley last Saturday, so all I have been thinking about is Arcade Fire.

My first paint job on a car. I'm still getting used to the tools, and I'm still tinkering with a few things on this car, so I guess I'm not finished yet.

66v3fkg.jpg

52yn85w.jpg

4l57gnq.jpg

4tpqq2s.jpg

Awesome. The color scheme is perfect.

Does anybody have video link showing how to create these kind of complex liveries? Working layers by layers can take great amount of time. How is it done?

Narag

MirageDwarf said:
Does anybody have video link showing how to create these kind of complex liveries? Working layers by layers can take great amount of time. How is it done?

No luck with the links in the first post?

maus

Haven't seen anyone mention this so.. has anyone encountered an area of the car that you can't paint over? It's happened to me twice on the rear bumper so i suspect it's only on the bumper. Really annoying because the area is pretty large.

oh also, i'm painting the chevy cobalt, in case it might be a car specific issue. I pulled my first auction down cuz I'd like to fix this.

okay i restarted the 360 and it's fine now. weird bug.

Ladies And Gentlemen, The Filthy Cooper. The First Of Twelve.

781c3489-f977-473b-89b4-c898b413e1b.jpg

d0a0107d-4090-410a-aebd-dabc5b6065e.jpg

I just threw one up on Auction House to see if anyone's a really huge Grant Morrison fan. The text will look much better on your screen, promise.

:)

FightyF

Banned
MirageDwarf said:
Those are car tuning links. What I'm looking for is how everybody is creating facial paint job for example: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6635725&postcount=258

The first post was updated a while ago with one that reverse engineers a skin.

sportzhead...great job! I was just thinking...I should do my own avatar...GTA IV car. My skill level at this point will only allow for the IV on the hood, but that should still look pretty good!

I tried my (untrained) hand at complicated material. I'm trying to draw my favorite character in life, Yoruichi (Bleach anime), just to see what I could do.

yoruichi.jpg

After a days work, off and on, I barely have the face outlined. I have a feeling if I ever finish it will look mildly serviceable, but nothing like the original source.

I find I can draw things a little bit better than in real life, but it takes soooo much time to do things. Things have to be to scale and the angles have to be right etc. and I keep having to backtrack and redo portions to make it look right.

I find myself only using like 2 shapes, and no gradients. Pretty much solely the little half crescent wedge shape, or maybe thats all I need?

I can't seem to portray the sharp angles that makes her right cheek because the wedges always smooth things out, and I don't know of a better method.

I really can't fathom how people are pumping these out in a day or two. I've been laboring over and over on about 120 layers shown below.

55781273-03e2-499e-b3dd-677ae38beab.jpg

If anyone likes Bleach too, or needs a new project, I'd like to see what others could come up with in comparison to mine.

Flo_Evans

6256cdh.jpg

I added a wolfsburg edition logo to my D class golf but I need a better GAF logo! Can anyone that has one made already send a car my way???? :) I must represent us well!

Ravenn17

m0dus said:
I should also mention that the MGS car bein' auctioned off is the version-2 car

mgs2000_s2.jpg

Ughhh...WTF. I was just bidding on this, the transaction glitch occurred and the auction disappeared. Did your car sell?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just won this :)

10303a4e-462b-4799-859b-0e7da0a3744.jpg

1c9f6ade-a555-4032-acc2-fac172adc67.jpg

Un4

Phaethon0017 said:
I added the symbol onto the Heroes car, I didn't know how to do it before, but I figured it out. And...I realized there was a photomode for Free Run...didn't know that before...
That was my idea damnit! :lol Guess i'll have to come up with something else. Stupid euro release date.

Eighthours

Incredible thread, guys!

One question: when you buy a car with an amazing paintjob that's locked, even though you can't actually change the paintjob can you still apply it to your other cars?

Personally, I'd love to see some Radiohead artwork from OK Computer or Kid A show up on a Forza car, but unfortunately I'd never be able to pull it off myself. :(

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Damn, you guys have made me pre-order the game. I'm looking forward to disappointing myself with atrocious art skills come friday XD

m0dus said:
It seems there was a glitch during the last hour or so of the auction last night, and people weren't able to bid on the car. Tis unfortunate, however, I do have a backup plan.

Meanwhile, project MUGEN S-2000 is moving along quite nicely. the livery is ALMOST complete, and I have to work toward upgrading the car now . .

Wow. That looks awesome.

Also, masa1019 is selling the MGS2000 and I don't think anyone's even bid on it yet. 33 minutes to go and it's still at 250,000.

Come on, guys! Ain't no way that car is only just a little more than twice as valuable as my LOST Golf. Get bidding on it!!

:lol

(Also, no one ever read The Filth? I really love how that car came out. :()

Gowans

M0dus the backup plan looks even better.

I was just talking to Jube online about how lucky the guy was who ended up with that, getting hit by a glitch was unlucky man but somehow after your creations I think your bank balance will recover :D

ps, any news on the gaf car?

Tieno

I crown m0dus the Forza God!

You have a great artistic sense. I hope I'll get to drive a m0dus™ car whenever I manage to get the game.

m0dus said:
It seems there was a glitch during the last hour or so of the auction last night, and people weren't able to bid on the car. Tis unfortunate, however, I do have a backup plan.

Meanwhile, project MUGEN S-2000 is moving along quite nicely. the livery is ALMOST complete, and I have to work toward upgrading the car now . . .

13992.jpg

mp1.jpg

I'm gonna get that one.

Will you make a Jin one?

m0dus said:
oooh, so he's tryin' to make a profit on it, eh?

I think it's time to flood the market . . .

Heh. I bet you could still make crazy money even if you made 50.

(No bids with 10 minutes left. So bizarre. Hopefully someone will just snap it up at that price and then you can sell one at peak time and make a killing. You seriously deserve millions if my shit can move 100,000. [Except my The Filth car, which no one seemed to get and/or bid for....])

HokieJoe

Does anyone have suggestions as to how to craft pinstripes which flow with the lines of the body work? I tried several primitives last night but couldn't get any of them to duplicate the look I'm after.

Thanks

Omg i just had an heart attack...so i boot Forza 2, and i only had 24 thousand credits, i was like "WTF WHERE HAS THE MONEY GONE!!!???"

Then it hit me...i had bid for the Mgs car, and i had to go receive the money.

Ps. Modus, check pm mate

Top Bottom