• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Prison Break Season 4 Thread of Prisons Already Broken Out Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totz

prison-break_logo.jpg

So, the fourth season of Prison Break starts in just TWO WEEKS! The season premiere, titled
"Scylla"
, begins
about a month or so after "The Art of the Deal," the season 3 finale.

A little synopsis from FOX:

After engineering an escape from the hellish Panamanian prison Sona, brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows are determined to seek justice against The Company, the shadowy group responsible for destroying their lives and killing the woman Michael loves, Dr. Sara Tancredi. During their quest for vengeance, Michael's world is turned upside down when he learns that Sara is still alive. Realizing the only way they will truly be free, Michael and Lincoln avenge to find Sara and take down The Company. With the help of a government handler, they assemble a group of allies and familiar faces including Mahone, Sucre and Bellick to aid in their seemingly impossible task. Unfortunately for the brothers, they must also enlist T-Bag, who unknowingly possesses a vital clue to help them pull off their most difficult challenge yet. They'll soon discover the only thing harder than breaking out is breaking in. Cast: Dominic Purcell as Lincoln Burrows, Wentworth Miller as Michael Scofield, William Fichtner as Alexander Mahone, Amaury Nolasco as Fernando Sucre, Wade Williams as Brad Bellick, Robert Knepper as T-Bag, Sarah Wayne Callies as Dr. Sara Tancredi, Chris Vance as James Whistler, Jodi Lyn O'Keefe as Susan B. Anthony, Danay Garcia as Sofia.

I love Prison Break, but I hope this is the show's final season. There isn't anything else they could pull off to keep going. I mean, I really liked season 3, mostly because it was a huge contrast to season 1: in Fox River, Michael had everything pretty much planned, and when the plans failed, he had backups. In Sona, he was just making it up as he went along.

Where are the PB fans here at GAF?

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
I love this show in spite of how trashy it is. It's a primetime soap opera for men. I really thought that the show could have ended in 3 seasons but I hope that it ends with this one. Executives need to know when to end shit.

Totz

mackaveli said:
can anyone remind me what happened at the end of season 3 finale? thanks

-Michael broke out of Sona with Mahone, Whistler and McGrady, the basketball playing dude. Michael and Lincoln are going after the Company for what they did to Sara.
- T-Bag killed Lechero and took control of Sona. Whistler lost his bird book in the escape, and now T-Bag has it.
- Sucre was incarcerated in Sona, so he's with Bellick now.
- Mahone joined the Company.

Totz

BobJustBob said:
I really wish people would stop saying this.

How can it keep going?
S1: Breakout
S2: Escape from the Law
S3: Breakout
S4: Revenge for S1 (Lincoln's incarceration) to 3 (Sara's death).

It will tie everything up pretty well hopefully. Maybe midway through the season they can convince that a fifth one is possible somehow.

Struct09

Two weeks?! That crept up fast. Can't wait :D

Also,
I'm kind of glad they're bringing back Sara. She was one of my favorite characters in the show, and I don't mind forgetting some of the stupid shit that happened in season 3.

Solo

Totz said:
Where are the PB fans here at GAF?

Can't speak for anyone else, but I jumped off the train after S2. Would have jumoped off a lot earlier in the season, but William Fichtner's Mahone kept drawing me back in. Managed to skip S3 entirely.

Still love S1, though.

Snowden

Banned
Uncooked said:
How is this show still going?
Six posts. Longer than I expected. You know, in an ideal world, they would change the name of the show so I wouldn't have to see shit like this.

I'll watch for a few episodes. The first season had a potential than the follow-up seasons haven't been able to match, and I feel like the show has moved to being complete fluff in the vein of Heroes, but that's not automatically a bad thing, if its still entertaining. Season 3 began to teeter on the edge of the line, but I'm hoping a good part of that came from the bad pacing from the unplanned break and truncated season.

and bring back fucking Kellerman

M3wThr33

Banned
Totz said:
Yes. They'll most likely say LOL PUNKD, which is incredibly stupid.
WAT.

No, really. WAT.

I'd rather have Kellerman back. He fucking rocks.

And I believe season 5 is the last. (They'd be promoting S4 as the final if it was)
I believe I read the writers had either 3 or 5 seasons planned out.

Totz said:
Yes. They'll most likely say LOL PUNKD, which is incredibly stupid.
urgh can't believe they're doing it, what are they pulling? Linc going all "hey michael sorry to have lied about your girlfriend dying an all but I needed you to be angry and stuff"

M3wThr33

Banned
Prime crotch said:
urgh can't believe they're doing it, what are they pulling? Linc going all "hey michael sorry to have lied about your girlfriend dying an all but I needed you to be angry and stuff"
Although, maybe she escaped and they played it off like a murder. But why wouldn't she just run to LJ/Michael? Maybe the company moved her back to America and get the files that they thought she had. But that story line is closed. The vice president became pres or whatever.

Now they're all focused on the ship and bird book and shit.

Costanza

Banned
Prime crotch said:
I'm guessing it was
a fake head in the box

yes its stupid but what else could they do?

Mash

Love Prison Break, it's annoying how it effectively lies to the audience but it's part of the formula now and you just get used to the silliness.
I'm glad they're bringing Sara back, but I'm sure Lincoln's son said something like he saw them chop her head off?

Link

The Autumn Wind
I enjoy the show. It's such a guilty pleasure. Yeah, it's ridiculously over the top, but that's what makes it entertaining.

Also, +1 for Sara coming back.

Totz

Mash said:
Love Prison Break, it's annoying how it effectively lies to the audience but it's part of the formula now and you just get used to the silliness.
I'm glad they're bringing Sara back, but I'm sure Lincoln's son said something like he saw them chop her head off?

They can say they got a lookalike and chopped her head off. It'll be something lame.

Weenerz

Banned
I'll watch it, but I don't expect too much from it. I haven't really liked it since the end of season 1. This show should have finished there.

Totz

Here's IGN's review of the season 3 Blu-ray set.

8 - The Movie
A surprisingly dynamic half-season of television.

8 - The Video
Great, cinematic vibrancy.

7 - The Audio
Nice audio transfer, but repetitive soundtrack.

5 - The Extras
A lot of a little.

7 - OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

They don't seem to have reviewed the DVD set.

I went into Season 3 thinking it would be the last and I enjoyed it for some reason. I am not sure what I will do this season. Will watch the first few episodes though.

Kletian

Guys have to realize that this is, in actuality, the end of the third season since the writer's strike cut Season 3 in half.

But yes, this should tie everything up I'm hoping. It'll be milking a dead horse if they take it farther.

Also, from the OP Spoiler

with the help of a government handler...

Kellerman??

Blader

Kletian said:
Guys have to realize that this is, in actuality, the end of the third season since the writer's strike cut Season 3 in half.

But yes, this should tie everything up I'm hoping. It'll be milking a dead horse if they take it farther.

Also, from the OP Spoiler

with the help of a government handler...

Kellerman??

No, it's this douchebag.

I like the show, but it's really starting to frustrate me. Last season really showed me just how utterly unsatisfying this show is. Also, T-Bag is starting to wear a bit thin for me.

But if they can get Mahone to pull some epic shit this year like he did at the beginning of last year, I'll be happy. :D

Season 5 Spoiler=
Michael has to break Sarah Tancredi out of prison after she is falsely imprisoned for a crime she didn't do!

Sean

Banned
I enjoyed the first two seasons, but the third was a huge fucking letdown. Here's hoping they can turn things around.

Troidal

How many episodes will season 4 have? Cuz season 3 was short, but good enough. I couldn't see them do Sona for like 20 something episodes.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Season 4 is starting tonight with a two-hour special, apparently.
It's weird, but even after the letdown of season 3 I'm pretty hyped.
Fingers crossed.

qwertybob

cant beleive this is back I assumed it had died, was a huge fan of the first season but season 2 was ok but 3 was awful - It didnt even have any great T-Bag moments (none that i can recall anyway)

Kletian

After watching some of the teaser clips, I'm not I like the direction they're taking this. Almost seems like some spy series now, complete with 'asian gadget guy'...

And the fact that
T-bag and Bellick
seem to be part of the gang doesn't really sit right with me either.

Truant

Should I bother watching this?

I mean, I already know they escape the first and second prisons based on tv-promos alone (and the fact that more that one season exists).

qwertybob

Truant said:

I mean, I already know they escape the first and second prisons based on tv-promos alone (and the fact that more that one season exists).

season one is fantastic, definately worth watching and everyone knew they would escape anyway - the program is called Prison Break...

Aladuf

Banned
I'll definitely be watching this tonight, I just hope it's good... well, as good as Prison Break can be this far in its life.

agrajag

Banned
Prime crotch said:

They only killed her off because the actress quit or something, they did not plan to kill her in the original script. Now it's kind of silly to bring her back. So was Linc lying like you said, or is he that dumb to not tell the difference between Sarah's heard and a rubber dummie or another woman's head?

Truant said:

Season one is legitimately great. After that it quickly goes off the rails into crazytown but if you can accept that and enjoy it, there's no reason why it couldn't continue in that vein forever. Personally I'm hoping it turns out the company is aliens and earth is a big prison and they have to escape to finish their revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom