• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Prison Break Season 4 Thread of Prisons Already Broken Out Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Does this look like Sarah to you?

sara-tancredi-head.jpg

Lincoln was in shock and dismay by how unlike Sarah Wayne Callies it looked.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
DirecTV preview:

Episode 1: Scylla; Breaking & Entering

Michael seeks revenge against Whistler and Gretchen and uncovers unbelievable news; Lincoln and Michael are reunited with the gang and get an offer from a Homeland Security agent; Mahone experiences a devastating loss; T-Bag is deserted.

takotchi

I guess I'll tag this because some on here are whiny spoiler nazis, despite this being all over the place and pretty well-known...

Regarding the head-in-a-box, I think TV Guide said it'll be explained that the head is that of the woman Linc went to the morgue to identify (that turned out not to be Sara). Susan/Gretchen figured he would be so disgusted by the head he wouldn't give it a close enough look to see the difference, so she used that one.

I'll continue watching it, even though I didn't dig season 3 as much as I hoped.

I really hate how they've changed T-Bag from the creepy-as-hell character he was in the first season to the comic relief he is now. Seriously, rewatching the first season, T-Bag is damn scary. He is, after all, a rapist, murderer, and white supremacist.

Blader

Oh, thank GOD!!

I hated that bitch Gretchen so much, I hope that cutaway doesn't mean she's still alive.

Kletian

Mac the KNife said:
Hopefully the black hitman dude breaks the 4th wall and kills the audience to spare us from this bullshit.

The only bullshit so far was the deus ex machina used to get Bellick T-Bag and Sucre out of Sona. But I suppose it's to be expected due to the writer's strike fucking up Season 3.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Kletian said:
The only bullshit so far was the deus ex machina used to get Bellick T-Bag and Sucre out of Sona. But I suppose it's to be expected due to the writer's strike fucking up Season 3.

and the tattoo removal crap just now!

Blader

quadriplegicjon said:
and the tattoo removal crap just now!

And this whole team bullshit. How the fuck are Sara and Bellick going to help in taking down the Patriots?

And this douchebag from the War at Home. He's really killing my enjoyment of this episode.

Sean

Banned
How convenient that Sona is gone and all the inmates are free, right after they spend a whole season trying to escape. I can't say I'm too pissed since I hated that setting, but I wish they just would've all broken out together in the finale rather than this crap.

So far the hitman dude is the best new character since he's killing of all the shitty S3 characters (Whistler, Gretchen) :lol

This "team" storyline is kinda bullshit so far, but I'll give it a chance I guess.

Kletian

Mac the KNife said:
Skofield's Eleven.

Scofield
Linc
Sucre
Mahone
Bellick
Sara
Asian guy

Gretchen will want a piece
Kellerman will want a piece
T-Bag will join them because that's what he does

So almost 11.

Shins

Banned
Geh, I don't think I'm going to keep watching. This just doesn't feel like the show I started with in season 1 anymore.

Costanza

Banned
This premiere was awesome and I can't wait for the rest of the season. I don't really care that it's not the same show anymore, it's still just fucking entertaining to watch.

<3 prison break

edit: The asian hacker guy sucks, though.

Sean

Banned
This new direction is pretty laughable. The government can't take down The Company so instead they blackmail a bunch of 'nobodies' with no experience (ie convenience store burglars like Sucre) into taking down the biggest threat against the US. :lol

Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. It doesn't feel like Prison Break anymore, it's like a bad version of "24".

I'll still watch a bit more I guess, but I was really hoping they could come up with something better than this.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Sean said:
Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. It doesn't feel like Prison Break anymore, it's like a bad version of "The A-Team".

fixed

It's as wonderfully cheesy and over-the-top as always, but damn Michael Rapaport could bring the whole thing down, he's is fucking terrible. He's surrounded by mediocre actors and he still stands out as singularly awful.

Troidal

Gig said:
Originally Posted by Sean:

Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. It doesn't feel like Prison Break anymore, it's like a bad version of "The A-Team".

fixed

LOL...I can already imagine the A-Team opening sequence with the cast of Prison Break.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
GitarooMan said:
It's as wonderfully cheesy and over-the-top as always, but damn Michael Rapaport could bring the whole thing down, he's is fucking terrible. He's surrounded by mediocre actors and he still stands out as singularly awful.

Yeah he was the absolutely worst part of the show so far, which is saying a lot.

Show feels weird, especially after seeing the preview of the upcoming episodes. Does not feel like Prison Break at all. Is this the last season or is there going to be one more after this? p.s.
I knew they didn't kill Gretchen when they didn't do the shooting sound and cut away, especially when all throughout the episode they were showing people get shot.

I actually like it. I was pretty skeptical during the first hour, but the second episode was really good, I thought. Even though the show is TOTALLY different from the first season (both in terms of tone and...production values? I don't know, but something about season one made it seem like it could belong on HBO or something), I'll continue watching. I like the direction this season is going in, regardless of how believable the premise may or may not be. I watch TV to be entertained, not to nitpick plausibility.

BoboBrazil said:
Show feels weird, especially after seeing the preview of the upcoming episodes. Does not feel like Prison Break at all.

That's what I was thinking. The preview positioned it as an Ocean's Eleven type of show or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom