• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Prison Break Season 4 Thread of Prisons Already Broken Out Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrajag

Banned
Troidal said:
I hope this is the last season, and even if they stretch it for another season they better not do prison shit again :lol But having Scofield get a new set of tatoos wouldn't be a bad idea.

I like how they deliberately have no intro anymore, and just the title in between scenes. It feels like it's the 'final' act in the story.

Do anyone of you feel this show would have been more awesome in the '90s? Cuz it feels like one. Back when The X-Files were around, there were all these other shows with the whole government conspiracy shit going around like Strange Luck also on FOX, Nowhere Man on UPN, Prison Break just reeks of the same 'bullshit' shows back then.

I love it for what it is though, really.

There was an early 00's government conspiracy show called John Doe starring Dominic Purcell (Linc).:lol I didn't watch it though.

Totz

agrajag said:
There was an early 00's government conspiracy show called John Doe starring Dominic Purcell (Linc).:lol I didn't watch it though.

I started watching PB because of John Doe, actually. I refused to believe Fox would cancel such an awesome show, yet keep greenlighting shit like The Simple Life.

The concept was good (dude knows everything, except who he is + some conspiracy), but some episodes were mind-numbingly moronic. He gets shocked and turns back to "normal" in one of them. :lol

He was Jesus 2, btw:

Turns out, the Phoenix [Organization; evil but omg not really] believed Doe was the Messiah and its members were actually protecting Doe from a second group, which wanted him dead. The truth: Doe was injured in a boating accident. That mark on his chest? A scar left by a piece of shrapnel from the explosion. His Überbrain? A by-product of transcending his body during a near-death experience, traveling to a spiritual plane where all the universe's questions are answered.

Shalashaska said:
Actually, season 2 wasn't planned ahead. In fact, they were in a mad scramble to finish up the last half of the season because their 'winter break' was cut back by 3 months. So they were hurrying to get the season done.

The show was originally supposed to be 13 episodes long.

Hence the "woops, there's a giant metal bar blocking our escape plan" that was stuck into season 1.

What happened to Mahones drug problem.

What happened with Sucre's baby story

What happened with Whistlers gf

Im going to keep watching, but its like watching a trainwreck get moved to a warehouse

Totz

jamesinclair said:
What happened to Mahones drug problem.

I questioned that too.

jamesinclair said:

Did you see last week's episodes? Sucre saw his baby.

jamesinclair said:

She's in Panama, being irrelevant alongside LJ until the proper time comes.

Troidal

jamesinclair said:

If the Company managed to find Mahone's wife and kid and killed them in the most horrifying way possible....I'd be so worried about Maricruz and the baby, the same with Whistlers ex-GF and LJ...watch them ALL DIIEEE....

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Mahone's still taking drugs. He's just better at hiding it.

Troidal said:
If the Company managed to find Mahone's wife and kid and killed them in the most horrifying way possible....
And killing them was stupidly pointless. Why not simply kidnapping them to lure him?
Well, technically we haven't seen them getting actually killed lol.

M3wThr33

Banned
We don't know WHAT happened in the house.

I still kinda miss Season 1. It seemed planned out better and it was all building up to a big event. I remember I had them all encoded for my PSP and would watch an episode every night in bed. There was a certain pacing and excitement it had that doesn't exist anymore.

Granted I still watch because it's entertaining, but S1 had a lot of tricks up the sleeve that slowly trickled out. S3 had a lot of build up for the finale, but I don't know if it felt the same. Maybe it was because I jumped in a little late and could watch a lot of it at once.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So... Why would Michael be going to prison? He was totally exonerated when Kellerman talked, he's only wanted in Panama.

Anyways I'm interested in this season but I'm getting tired of some characters. Bellek never been interesting and T-Bag got old 2 seasons ago.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
DrForester said:
So... Why would Michael be going to prison? He was totally exonerated when Kellerman talked, he's only wanted in Panama.
He's suspected of Whistler's murder. I know it sounds stupid, and it is, but that's the reason.

DrForester said:
Anyways I'm interested in this season but I'm getting tired of some characters. Bellek never been interesting and T-Bag got old 2 seasons ago.
T-Bag got downgraded from creepy maniac to comic relief, but I hope he can get back to his former glory. Bellick is just worthless.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I really hope that the remaining episodes are not all "get a card." Tonight's episode was good, and not containing all of the eye-rolling moments as last week was a bonus.

jamesinclair said:
Hence the "woops, there's a giant metal bar blocking our escape plan" that was stuck into season 1.

I actually really liked that part. The feeling of hopelessness when they all see the newly installed vent was great.

Then again, I think that all of season 1 was superb, not just the first half. I really enjoyed most of season 2, as well.

Weenerz

Banned
Well Michael didn't have his record cleared, he did attempt to "rob" a bank after all, which netted him 5 years. And then he escaped from prison, so I'm guessing that added 10.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Weenerz said:
Well Michael didn't have his record cleared, he did attempt to "rob" a bank after all, which netted him 5 years. And then he escaped from prison, so I'm guessing that added 10.

Weren't they pardoned for all their crimes by the President or that trial that set them free?
There's no extradition treaty with Panama so they shouldn't be wanted for the crap that went down there.
Sucre & Teabag are the only one who should still have the law after him. Maybe I'm missing something.

Man, Michael Rapaport is SUPER obnoxious & annyoing on the show. I really hope they kill him off soon.

Troidal

FTWer said:
Man, Michael Rapaport is SUPER obnoxious & annyoing on the show. I really hope they kill him off soon.

Hey you know what, it could very well happen...just as Scofield Six hands Scylla, BANG Raraport gets shot by the Company. Then Bellick will be like, "Our boss is dead, we should just split man!" :lol

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
junk.jpg

"Not every geek with a Commodore 64 can hack into NASA"

"Look I've tried software jack program - even a backdoor entry; I mean, you were in prison, I'm sure you're familiar with that one"

"Look man, when I steal, I do it from home in my boxers eating a box of crispity crunch"

:lol :lol I love this fucking guy. Everything he says is so out of place in the show :lol :lol

MMaRsu

Banned
Was this new ep any good? I watched it for 5 minutes but the absurdity just became too much. I can hardly watch this anymore :\.

Cardon

MMaRsu said:
Was this new ep any good? I watched it for 5 minutes but the absurdity just became too much. I can hardly watch this anymore :\.

No not really. It mostly came across as filler. This show has now become a live action videogame basically. Michael and Co. need to take down the 6 bosses of the evil company all while Michael is infected with Foxdie due to some nefarious plan of the Company since they made him or some crap. I will continue to watch this mess of a show.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Cardon said:
No not really. It mostly came across as filler. This show has now become a live action videogame basically. Michael and Co. need to take down the 6 bosses of the evil company all while Michael is infected with Foxdie due to some nefarious plan of the Company since they made him or some crap. I will continue to watch this mess of a show.

180px-Megaman5.jpg

Kyoufu

Screw the haters, S4 is MUCH better than S3 (okay I know that isn't saying much).

Sara FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH!

agrajag

Banned
the most annoying thing is that Michael Rapaport is basically playing the same character as the dad in that shitty sitcom he used to have.

lil smoke

Banned
BobJustBob said:
This was basically the worst episode of the show yet. They should kill off everyone except Mahone and T-Bag.
Good. Glad I just went to bed. They fucked this show up. Idiots could have done something decent.

Blader

BobJustBob said:
This was basically the worst episode of the show yet. They should kill off everyone except Mahone and T-Bag.

What I don't understand is that Mahone is probably the most capable person to deal with all of this, yet they just make him sit in a car all the time.

Fuck that, Mahone needs to get back to snapping peoples necks!

agrajag said:
the most annoying thing is that Michael Rapaport is basically playing the same character as the dad in that shitty sitcom he used to have.

1) War at home was a great show
2) WTF at the T-bag story line, its so damn absurd
3) I laughed when people ran out of the building when the fire alarm was pulled. Nobody runs when they hear an alarm unless they see an actual fire.
4) I dont fucking know. This is the worst show on TV and yet i still watch

Totz

jamesinclair said:

Heroes.

:lol at Linc grabbing the firemen's axe and simply walking into the building. He didn't even try to sneak around or whatever.

Sean

Banned
All of the new characters suck, just like last season.

- The asian hacker kid is fucking irritating and one of the worst actors I've ever seen.
- The new hitman guy sure ain't no Kellerman and I'm already getting bored of his repetitive torture scenes.
- Michael Rapaport is a huge goof and I simply can't take him seriously as a high-ranking government official. Poor casting.
- They totally ruined the only cool part of Pad Man's character by having him speak... I liked when he was some mysterious evil dude that never talked. It woulda been neat for him to never talk until the show was about to end, where he'd reveal all the unanswered questions etc. Oh well.

But even besides the shitty new characters, the old ones suck now too. They're no longer individuals and all working together on the same stupid crap, all finishing each others sentences, etc. Screw that.

jamesinclair said:

Until Heroes returns at the end of this month, anyway..

Troidal

wow...episode 3 just took a dive...I am smelling shit like 24 season 6 a mile away with this one.

what is the point of the car chase and running away when they have the GPS ankle bracelets? :lol

pswii60

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a129956/how-is-prison-break-doing-ratings-wise.html
Prison Break returned for its fourth season last week with a renewed creative energy and heightened pace. (Do we all agree that it is shaping up to be much better than season three? Add your answers at the bottom of this piece).

Unfortunately, the same incline can't be attributed to its viewing figures. Last week's two-hour premiere drew an average of 6.5 million viewers in the US, down from the 7.5 million who tuned in for the season three premiere last year. To put that into context further, the second season premiere had 9.4 million and the first ever episode was seen by a mighty 10.5 million back in 2005.

This week's episode remained steady at 6.5 million and, while the figures are some of the lowest the show has ever logged, the programme is currently leading the night in the coveted 18-49 demographic.

Here in the UK, where the series airs on Sky1, the numbers are slightly different. The third series - as you'll recall, Five aired the show for the first two years - began with 459,000 viewers but over the course of the run the audience slowly dropped off to a low of 303,000 for February's finale. Overall, series three averaged 407,000 (2.2%). Of course these figures only take into account the overnight audience for the premiere showing on the linear channel.

Season four began last week with an average of 375,000 (2%) for the two-hour premiere. This increased slightly to 406,000 (2.6%) for last night's episode.
Sales-age comes to Prison Break.

I would've thought that PB had far higher ratings than that in the US :O I mean more people watch Doctor Who than that in the UK alone, with are in-comparison piddly population. And Doctor Who is the worst programme ever. Never mind the 9-10m that watch each episode of our shitty soaps here in the UK too.

I was expecting ratings of like 20m or something for PB in the US, especially with the high budget the show seems to get. The ratings for it are low here in the UK because it's on a Pay TV only channel (Sky One) which few people watch and at a late time (10PM). How many people watch 24 in the US?

EDIT: Although I expect PB makes a ton of money on DVD sales, and exports to gazillions of countries.

EDIT 2: But Americans, please keep the awesome US dramas coming. West Wing, The Shield, 24, Prison Break, The Sopranos, The Wire, Damages. It's phenomenal. Especially these days with the BBC being complete and utter shite.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I just watched it. I think I'll just skip the next episodes and watch them back to back when the season ends. Shit is just not worth it anymore. :lol

Struct09

Teetris said:
I just watched it. I think I'll just skip the next episodes and watch them back to back when the season ends. Shit is just not worth it anymore. :lol

I'm starting to feel the same way. Especially with all sorts of new games coming out lately, I'd rather be playing something like Rock Band 2 on a Monday night rather than forcing myself to watch this show. Thankfully I have a DVR with a lot of empty space.

The show was so awesome seasons 1 and 2, too bad they seemingly lost that magic :(

MMaRsu

Banned
By the way whoever said Season 4 so far is much better than Season 3 is fucking insane.

At least in season 3 they were actually in a PRISON!!!

Now they are working for the cops like some mcgyver a-team crossover..I mean come the fuck on :lol

Cardon

MMaRsu said:
At least in season 3 they were actually in a PRISON!!!

Now they are working for the cops like some mcgyver a-team crossover..I mean come the fuck on :lol

But they need to escape the imprisonment the Company has over their lives and the empty threats by Michael Rappaport. So the title still fits if you want to stretch it that way.

MMaRsu

Banned
Cardon said:
But they need to escape the imprisonment the Company has over their lives and the empty threats by Michael Rappaport. So the title still fits if you want to stretch it that way.
:lol :lol :lol

x3sphere

I still kinda miss Season 1. It seemed planned out better and it was all building up to a big event. I remember I had them all encoded for my PSP and would watch an episode every night in bed. There was a certain pacing and excitement it had that doesn't exist anymore.

Yeah, Season 1 was amazing. It was the best show on TV at the time for me. Season 2 had the same kind of excitement as well, but they lost it with 3. Anyway I hope this is the last season, the show is getting hard to watch now when you look back at how great it used to be.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
who's the woman who played the cardholder tonight? she looked familiar but I can't place it.

:lol Chinese want the cards! no doubt setting up for Michael to get kidnapped in the season finale only to be brought back in a trade agreement in season 5!

Thread title needs update. " The Official Prison Break Season 4 Thread of Weekly Shark Jumps"

I liked this episode more than last week's, so I guess the season is 2 for 4.

And holy shit at that secretary. It was hard to pay attention to anything except her chest.

lil smoke

Banned
Tried to flip in between "Shark Break", The Mets possible break down, and a great MNF game.

Sorry, no competition. This is starting to get like General Hospital. Now they're cops? I admit, the show has that WTFBS are they going to imagine up next thing going but whatever. Football wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom