• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Ryu ga Gotoku 3 Thread

vpance

Looks to be about as good graphically as Kenzan was, judging from the demos. The game/series needs a PC release :)

vpance said:
Looks to be about as good graphically as Kenzan was, judging from the demos. The game/series needs a PC release :)

nah, it definitely looks better than kenzan...the fight with the CIA agents actually looked really nice, although the street you start in looked pretty bland with some low res textures

Guys who have this locking up, its happening cause you are background downloading.

DO NOT BACKGROUND DOWNLOAD WHILE PLAYING THE DEMO.

Same thing happend with RE5.

Anyway, demo is amazing. I love karaoke! I love the arcade! I did pretty good on AnswerXAnswer for not knowing what was being said.

I need this game, bring it over!

Borman

snap016.jpg

720p screens on my site :p http://superiorversion.com/?p=274#more-274

matmanx1

HOOOOLY CRAP that was awesome. Just finished playing through the demo and for someone who's about halfway through Yakuza 2 it was pure bliss! The fully controllable camera is SO much better and Kazuma seems to move more quickly around his environment this time out. And for those of you who said the demo looks crappy.... go back and put Yakuza 1 or 2 in and play it for half an hour or so and then switch back to the PS3 demo. It's a giant improvement, even if it isnt the best looking next gen game.

It was also nice to be able to jump in knowing what alot of the moves and combos were from Yakuza 2 and be able to pull them off and see the additions they made. Some of those moves are even more brutal, which I didnt think was possible. I'm seriously giddy right now. So, so much fun haha.

P.S. Kaz, I just changed my avatar in honor of your great triumph. はい!

2real4tv

MiamiWesker said:
Guys who have this locking up, its happening cause you are background downloading.

DO NOT BACKGROUND DOWNLOAD WHILE PLAYING THE DEMO.

Same thing happend with RE5.

Anyway, demo is amazing. I love karaoke! I love the arcade! I did pretty good on AnswerXAnswer for not knowing what was being said.

I need this game, bring it over!

Wow the same thing happened to me..however I was viewing the photo gallery. The strange thing was that it only locked out my 1st controller but when I linked my 2nd controller it worked.

Miburou

Play-asia has the asian version of the game in stock (is it usual for the asian ver. to come out a week earlier?). I'm tempted to switch my order from the JP one, although if they dispatch it on Monday, I won't have saved that much time (and they increased the price by $3).

dfyb

Banned
Miburou said:
Play-asia has the asian version of the game in stock (is it usual for the asian ver. to come out a week earlier?). I'm tempted to switch my order from the JP one, although if they dispatch it on Monday, I won't have saved that much time (and they increased the price by $3).
what's the difference between JP and asia?

Everdred

Miburou said:
My game already shipped :D

atomico

absolutely loved the demo. only did the story fights plus the club Ageha. I'll look for the karaoke and arcade tonight

Right, so I fire up the demo; I'm walking in the streets minding my business then some random guy decides he doesn't like the look on my face. He then apparently has 3 other friends jump me. I proceed to stick my gators(I think) up their arses and the guy coughs up some yen. I then proceed into that club, and beat even more well dressed butt, this time I fumble around and use the bow staff and brass knuckles. At this point I'm wowed by the presentation of the violence. Oh and when I thought beating the guy was enough I find that one club. I then spend my time with a lady of the evening, she's not cheap either but hey it wasn't bad. I can't believe I never played any of these games before

jett

D-Member
CosmicGroinPull said:
Is this 60fps? Movement is pleasantly smooth. Why won't Sony do anything about an English release? PS3 is really lacking Japanese games.

It's 30fps. Some of the minigames seem to run at 60fps.

-viper-

Banned
How do I download the demo? Will some kind soul PM me the details of their JPN account so I can simply use the download list to download it instead of blindly entering details in creating a JPN account as well as blindly entering the JPN store?

LiK

-viper- said:
How do I download the demo? Will some kind soul PM me the details of their JPN account so I can simply use the download list to download it instead of blindly entering details in creating a JPN account as well as blindly entering the JPN store?

creating a jpn account is super easy. just get a new email and make up an address.

jett

D-Member
One thing that hurts the presentation is the hair...all the characters apparently use the most potent hair gel ever created.

RpgN

GoDLiKe said:
It's wrong, you really need to play all of them to have the complete experience.

All of them are awesome, so why skip 2? Play all!:D

LiK said:
no no no, it won't feel less fresh. in fact, if you play the first 2, it'll make you even MORE excited to play the 3rd. you'll have a greater appreciation for the characters and story. i think i can speak for everyone who played the previous 2 games that we're probably the most excited to play the third one because the first two were so awesome.

and the stories are directly linked so skipping one is like missing one entire chapter in a book, imo.

Got it, I'll search for a copy of Yakuza 2. That one has summary about Yakuza 1, correct? So I wouldn't have to play that one.

I'll give Yakuza 3 demo a second try today! I have yet to try the karaoke and club sega. *Feels super excited* :D

LiK

RpgN said:
Got it, I'll search for a copy of Yakuza 2. That one has summary about Yakuza 1, correct? So I wouldn't have to play that one.

I'll give Yakuza 3 demo a second try today! I have yet to try the karaoke and club sega. *Feels super excited* :D

yea, Yakuza 2 has the flashback stuff. it doesnt cover everything from the first game and it doesn't detail some of the relationships but it'll give you a good overview of what happened. it should be easy to find compared to the first game.

mik

mik is unbeatable
This is my first experience with a Yakuza game. Am I an idiot for getting a vaguely Shen Mue vibe from this?

LiK

mik said:
This is my first experience with a Yakuza game. Am I an idiot for getting a vaguely Shen Mue vibe from this?

yea, there's a vibe, at least there isn't any annoying odd jobs in Yakuza. ;) and Yakuza's story is way more epic.

Endless

Sega announced today plans for download content that will expand the Yakuza 3 (Ryu ga Gotoku 3) experience following the game's release on the 26th.

Starting on March 5, Sega will offer eight consecutive weeks of "extra content" for the game. Over the eight week period, a total of 29 pieces of content, ranging from special missions to item packs, will make it out to players. The content will all be free.

To get the new content, players will simply have to load up Yakuza 3 while connected to the internet. Any new content will be automatically downloaded. The content will be archived for future players, meaning even those who pick up Yakuza 3 late will be able to enjoy the bonuses.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/articles/2009/02/20/yakuza_3_dlc

http://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/news/index.html

matmanx1

/jaw_hitting_floor

What? SEGA just keeps getting more awesome dont they!

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is Yakuza 3 with all the DLC. I've been a really good boy this year, I promise!

Thanks,
matmanx1

Total awesomesauce. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope this game sells a ton in Japan. SEGA is obviously giving it a HUGE marketing push and lots of love. Go SEGA!

vpance

The combat being a bit harder than Y2 is nice to see. I haven't pulled off too many new heat moves though from what I've played of it so far.

I like how you can light a cig during fights. Heat meter slowly goes down but it increases the amount you gain from attacks. Bad ass :lol

Karoake hard mode (whatever one of the 2nd options is in one of the menus) is nuts..

vpance

Die Squirrel Die said:
Wonder what sort of effect it'll have on the 2nd hand market for the game? Will knowing that they've got 2 months worth of extra content on the way make people hold on to the game?

Doubt the impact will be big.. though I'm sure that's the whole intention behind doing it. But whatever amount of copies kept out of the used market for launch window, the better.

mintylurb

Man, the demo was such a let down graphically. Maybe because I was playing MLB 09 the show demo prior to trying this demo out but as soon as I started playing it, all I could do was just shake my head in disbelief. Everything just looks flat, blurry and the environment is quite small. Maybe the there will be bigger areas to explore but I'm pretty underwhelmed after playing the demo. meH! /me slaps kagari around a bit with tiduz.

mintylurb said:
Man, the demo was such a let down graphically. Maybe because I was playing MLB 09 the show demo prior to trying this demo out but as soon as I started playing it, all I could do was just shake my head in disbelief. Everything just looks flat, blurry and the environment is quite small. Maybe the there will be bigger areas to explore but I'm pretty underwhelmed after playing the demo. meH! /me slaps kagari around a bit with tiduz.

Yeah, the graphics were quite a shock to me as well given how good the trailers have looked.

Miburou

strange_booj said:
My game already shipped :D

When did it ship? Or better yet, since when has the Asian version been in stock at Play-Asia? I made an order for the Asian version yesterday but it said shipping on the 23rd so I canceled it.

inner-G

Banned
graphics are spotty. I played it on my friends 42" and it was jaggy, but It looks awesome on my 27". I guess not having a giant TV isn't always bad :D

tribal24 said:
how jp text heavy is it? or is it in english for asia version?
Try the demo.

It's fairly text-heavy and sites have the Asia version labeled as JPN voices/text as well.

Brofist

tribal24 said:

Without Japanese knowledge the game will basically be blah blah blah blah...fight...blah blah blah...fight.. blah blah fight...blah for you :D

klee123

I had a lot of fun with the battle system. I especially liked how they took the feature from Kenzan where you can map a weapon to each of the directional D-pad buttons.

REAL TIME WEAPON CHANGE YEAH!

Kagari said:
Guess we've been bullshotted!
sega_logo.jpg

tribal24 said:
Give the demo a try and see for yourself, but it would probably be wise to consider it on the level of a light RPG in terms of text. There will certainly be an FAQ up sooner or later that should guide you through, and you could possibly muddle through if you're lucky and stubborn.

The Asian version is not in English and I wouldn't hold your breath on an English version ever happening.

Top Bottom