• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
y2dvd said:
100 MS pts = $1?
No. 80 MSP = $1

Why do you guys care about alt costumes so much? Yeah, the DLC structure sucks, but alt costumes are so superfluous. It's easily ignored.

Maybe Capcom will do like they did with Lost Planet DLC and just make them free after a while, too.
And put them in the Platinum Hits release of SFIV Turbo.

Shig said:
No. 80 MSP = $1

Why do you guys care about alt costumes so much? Yeah, the DLC structure sucks, but alt costumes are so superfluous. It's easily ignored.

Because some people like them but don't want to pay for them. Isn't it obvious?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
akachan ningen said:
Because some people like them but don't want to pay for them. Isn't it obvious?
I like lots of things I don't want to pay for. Solution: I don't buy them.

If you give in, you're only validating this DLC structure for future use. Money speaks much louder than internet diatribes.

ShinAmano

bad-joey said:
The hadoken is priceless :lol
Seriously it was an inner city theater and the crowd went crazy with any and every little thing going on...it was so much fun that the movie was very enjoyable. I know I can never replicate that in my personal viewing experience and hence will never see van damme as guile ever again. :D

Shig said:
I like lots of things I don't want to pay for. Solution: I don't buy them.

Well you should. Money is like the wind, you only feel it when it's moving.

-PXG- said:
This post, for some reason, got that Subway jingle in my head.

Five.

Five dollar.

Five dollar footlong!

:lol

it's c-c-catching on.

Takuan

Wow @ the DLC implementation. I suppose something had to give. Costume whores in tatters... :lol

Digging the plain logo pad. The others look really gaudy to me.

Markman's TE stick pic makes me REALLY, REALLY WANT ONE (with the bat-top mod, too!). Damn these shallow pockets! I swear I'm as excited about these stupid peripherals as the game itself, and probably won't even buy any of them. :lol

I also wish the hardcover strategy guides were a reality. :(

GQman2121

Banned
While I'm not surprised at the prices they're asking for the alternate costumes, I'm shocked that they're doing a delayed release for each of the packs. What exactly is the benefit of staging the DLC like that? Don't you want mo money as soon as humanly possible?

GQman2121

Banned
-PXG- said:
This post, for some reason, got that Subway jingle in my head.

Five.

Five dollar.

Five dollar footlong!

:lol

Except that commercial is fun and $5 for a footlong sub is a pretty good deal.

For the money Capcom asking for these costume packs, it's more like footlong
in all of our asses.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
-PXG- said:
GAF + printer + some cardboard + sharpie marker = SFIV hardcover guide.

Yeah, remember to use that sharpie marker to cover the shitty advices like "new players, don't pick ryu because you gotta l2p" :lol

Definitely not buying costumes.

That black and white pad looks pretty nice. I'm really hoping these sell and Madcatz will follow them up with some non-branded versions.

...Actually, would that even be possible? If Capcom was involved in creating these (they had input right?), will Madcatz have complete control over them in the future, or would Capcom require royalties or something?

I asked this earlier but did not get a response.

What exactly was DIMPS' role in development of SFIV?

They seem to be downplayed in the OP.

jett

D-Member
:lol at Capcom. Fucking assholes. At this point I'm amazed they're not charging money for the "Tournament" mode.

Haunted

akachan ningen said:
At least they did a good thing putting all the chicks together. Imagine if they put one female in each of the packs. That would just suck.
That's actually what I expected them to do.

Capcom clearly lacks experience with microtransactions, EA would've done it that way.

ShinAmano

-PXG- said:
1600 = $20
800 = $10
400 = $5
200 = $2.50
100 = $1.25
Worst part is I have a 1600 point card that came free with Gears and I have to wait two months to use it for what i was saving it for :(

ArtOfLife

Neo Member
Not long now! I'm just trying to decide which site to buy the game from to ensure I receive it on the release date :)

Great thread by the way.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
akachan ningen said:
They're the same aren't they? Aren't the lbp ones a four pack for $4?

I think it's like 4 costumes for $5-6. Or single costumes for $1.99. So, yeah.

Someone asked why they're staggering the costumes. Many reasons I guess. Gives players something to look forward to each week for six weeks after the game's release and it also pads their storefront. People are much more willing to pay a little bit each week than a big lump sum right off the bat as soon as the game launches as well. In the end, they're paying more, but for most people, there's two payday cycles within the DLC cycle so they don't even notice it.

It's a smart move really. It doesn't make Capcom any friends on this board, but it's smart. More hardcore SF4 players will buy these than we'd all like to think.

Moving on, the Championship Mode patch details sounded weird. Is there a better explanation of this mode somewhere?

ShinAmano

Kintaro said:
I think it's like 4 costumes for $5-6. Or single costumes for $1.99. So, yeah.

Someone asked why they're staggering the costumes. Many reasons I guess. Gives players something to look forward to each week for six weeks after the game's release and it also pads their storefront. People are much more willing to pay a little bit each week than a big lump sum right off the bat as soon as the game launches as well. In the end, they're paying more, but for most people, there's two payday cycles within the DLC cycle so they don't even notice it.

It's a smart move really. It doesn't make Capcom any friends on this board, but it's smart. More hardcore SF4 players will buy these than we'd all like to think.

Moving on, the Championship Mode patch details sounded weird. Is there a better explanation of this mode somewhere?
I will say it is a smart move, but for those of us who want to buy them all they should have that option up front as well.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i neeed this gameeeeee... but i do not need alts. will be selling my code when i get it (for 320 mspoints). if anyone is planning on buying a code, just hit me up and we'll trade.

i am hyped the comments markman overheard regarding online play. why is that not what everyone is talking about!? SO HYPE.

also, just got in my ls-32-01 and battop last night. tension felt good, but obviously i need to wield it in a stick to get a real feel for it. standard fightstick users may want to hit me up for my JLF, as i am swapping that out ASAP...

Aeris130

Hah, thank god Rose's alt is so fugly. Maybe Capcom will release more alts at a later date, then it'll be the trap-pack for me.

Akim

Banned
I'll pay for your damn costumes. I'll even pay more than I think is fair. THIS IS AMERICA. But really, don't release the packs one at a time. That is just annoying.

Also, quick question: How much can you actually put into a macro on a stick with 2 extra buttons? Can you macro a whole super/ultra? How exactly does it work?

CAVE343

ShinAmano said:
I will say it is a smart move, but for those of us who want to buy them all they should have that option up front as well.
Yeah, but they know most people can't wait till the all-in-one pack releases, most will give in and buy all the costums seperately. I know I will

Jaruru

Grapplers Pack - Zangief, E Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte (Feb 12)
Beauty Pack - Chun Li, C.Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy (Feb 19)

these 2 packs for me I guess, since they keep the ALL-IN-ONE pack for April 30th??? that is like 6 weeks AFTER the last pack of 5

agree with many others on this thread, charge for alt = sux.
they're welcome to charge on many other things like stages/BMG...
alt must be on disc already, you'll know when you get those DLC as a 1kb file.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ShinAmano said:

I agree, but they would do it at full price and not the discounted price we'll get later. But sure, all costumes up front for full price day one would be okay as well.

ShinAmano

bad-joey said:
Yeah, but they know most people can't wait till the all-in-one pack releases, most will give in and buy all the costums seperately. I know I will
Unfortunately so will I, but it will be lame having some people with multi outfits and some without...anyhow screw it...Capcom sucks for this, but their awesome for everything else so I guess I'll give them a pass just after I say
fuck you Capcom and your god damn restarted DLC pack plan
Ok it is out of my system.

Damage control: yeah, paying for alt costumes that were in the arcade version sucks but they did add a lot of characters and backgrounds the arcade version didn't have. Buying in packs sucks, yeah but at least they're only charging a dollar. Plus having a single download for every character would probably be a big headache and you'd see certain characters getting way more dls than others. This evens things out a lot more and makes the whole thing easier to manage. I'll probably end up getting them all, though the only one I want in the shoto pack is Dan. What I really want is background and music dlc...

Top Bottom