• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PROBLEM SOLVING GAF RSC2 season 2 thread!

well, it looks like we were 6 people short of a full roster for our 32 man league. so, the only logical solution is to cut the tourney down to 16 players. wont this leave some players out you ask? that's the beauty of it. some of us would even be interested in playing in TWO leagues at once! so, i'm going to create 2 sixteen man leagues, and that way we can fill both leagues without much trouble. i know its kind of annoying, but at least this way everyone gets to play. my only question is do you guys want BOTH leagues to have the same track settings etc? anyways, i've recreated the first league, and i'm sending invites out. i guess the only fair way to do it is the first 15 other people who sign in are in league 1, and i will send out the same invites for the second league. so:

**CHECK YOUR XSNSPORTS.COM MESSAGES FOR INVITES!

the competition starts on the 27th. post here with questions or comments, thanks fellas... and sorry about the bad state of affairs on xsn :(

Fowler

I'm in, though I can't for the life of me remember which team I was in. Elegant Wild sounded vaguely familiar so I jumped in there.

Bog

Junior Ace
Btw, a second simultaneous season would only really work if the first one fills up very quickly. I'd wait and see how this first one does first.

Fifty

Nice :) I created this team because FMT said we should have the same old teams (never gonna happen)...But since I was on Op Ivy's team, and he named them Elegant Wild, I'd do the same for him. I'm just glad we're going to be able to start a season.

Fifty

I intended you to be on the team. :( We're not going to be able to keep the intended teams 100%....Hell, not even 50% But there's still a spot open.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Bog said:
op_ivy and kindbud on the same team? uhhh.

yeah, that wouldnt work so well (but would have been fun).

um, wheres the other group of 16?

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I'll quit and join another team if you need room.

Edit: I quit and joined sefskillahz. That should help even the teams out.

op_ivy

is the other season 2 league up as well? will it have the same stages/rules, or its own stages?

Fifty

op_ivy said:
is the other season 2 league up as well? will it have the same stages/rules, or its own stages?

It's not up yet...FMT is asking us if we want the same tracks in the original post. Why can't you join a team now? What does it say? (EDIT: It seems you're in now)

the other league isn't up yet because i don't know what everyone wants to do. here are the options for a second league for season 2. post with which one you want:

A. We have another 16 man league, IDENTICAL to this one in every way (including tracks, etc)

B. We have another 16 man league, but i will pick ALL NEW tracks.

so, chime in with whichever you would prefer. personally, it makes no difference to me i just want to race

Fifty

I think B is better. There are more than enough tracks to choose from, and if we have people (which we will) in both tournys, then they'll want new tracks.

Bog

Junior Ace
To be fair, League 2 should start as just people who didn't make it into League 1. Then once it seems like sign ups are stagnating, let the people who want to double up.

i'd love to start it right now and create season 2/2, but xsnsports.com is down for me for some reason. anyone else having a problem accessing the webpage? ill try again in a few mins. i will send invites again to everyone, but lets make sure that the people who didn't get in on the first season 2 get in on the second one

hgplayer1

if youre on my team and you dont already have me on your friends list go ahead and add me that way we can do some early runs together. Im gonna try to log on tonight.

op_ivy

FrenchMovieTheme, please send an invite for fujisawa for the 2nd season 2 group. also, maybe we shouldnt allow any repeat preformers into the 2nd comp. for a few days to make sure everyone who wants to race can at least get into this one (not sure what the demand is to race 2 compititions at once, but it seems pretty high)

ok i sent invites to everyone who didn't get in for the first half of season 2.

p.s. does anyone know where dopeyfish is? i tried to send him an invite but it says he isn't registered w/ xsnsports. the weird thing is he was in season 1 and i had no problems. wtf?

op_ivy

FMT, why you using the celica?

EDIT: *user requests sticky*

i thought that was the highest rated?? maybe i looked at it wrong... don't worry friend, i've got plenty more runs to get under my belt before my final time is said and done!

op_ivy

i know you do, its the first day after all :)

the tacoma i think is clearly the fastest car.

Fifty

This is going to be weird. We've got 9 days until the next round. Heh, it's what happens when we start early. It happened last time as well. No big deal, we'll just have to remember that the rounds ain't this long after round 1. :)

haha sorry dude, i posted the ones i picked and everyone was cool with them back in the original season 2!

on the bright side, for the 2nd half of season 2 i did pick a swedish course for rally. good times!

op_ivy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
haha sorry dude, i posted the ones i picked and everyone was cool with them back in the original season 2!

on the bright side, for the 2nd half of season 2 i did pick a swedish course for rally. good times!

and more point-to-point stages overall?

by the way, i am thankfull sweedish will be represented in Gaf Season 2 Tres, and i'm also happy that macke's made it into Dos as well (one i suggested). i can live with laps, but i may bitch a bit

;)

Top Bottom