• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PROBLEM SOLVING GAF RSC2 season 2 thread!

Pachinko

well after 5 attempts the best i could come up with was 1:52 on that track, I'm somewhat blown away how you can shave 12 seconds off that time HG. I'll see how everyone else does in a few days and give it another shot if I drop to far down the roster.

hgplayer1

Pachinko said:
well after 5 attempts the best i could come up with was 1:52 on that track, I'm somewhat blown away how you can shave 12 seconds off that time HG. I'll see how everyone else does in a few days and give it another shot if I drop to far down the roster.

I think you meant Op1vy

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
FMT:
Ok, I got your invite for Season 2 "Redux" and joined but I created my own team since NCAA Quadforce was already full. Team's named Bronx Cheer and slots are open. Should I just send some invites out are have you already handled this?

i invited everyone who DIDNT get to join the first season 2. so, give it another day or so and if no one else signs up we'll then send out the duplicate invites

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
where is everyone?

when was the original start date, maybe people arent aware its started already?

anywho, just had some races with wellie. surprisingly, i was racing better with him there. guess i was pushing the envelope harder... i beat my time a bit (still hasnt updated...) even after partly screwing up the last corner. shame you cant set leaderboard times on xsn, as i'd go for #1

op_ivy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can't set leaderboard times on xsn?? wtf

nope. the live logo is red in the upper corner...

come on and update damn you! paranoid my new time got lost. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
op_ivy said:
where is everyone?

when was the original start date, maybe people arent aware its started already?

anywho, just had some races with wellie. surprisingly, i was racing better with him there. guess i was pushing the envelope harder... i beat my time a bit (still hasnt updated...) even after partly screwing up the last corner. shame you cant set leaderboard times on xsn, as i'd go for #1

Yeah same here dude thanks for letting me race with ya. You lose me every single time on that first hairpin. I dunno what it is that you do in it or after it, but you fly through the straightaway up the hill.

WOw just noticed Dopey didn't get into this one. :(

op_ivy

Wellington said:
Yeah same here dude thanks for letting me race with ya. You lose me every single time on that first hairpin. I dunno what it is that you do in it or after it, but you fly through the straightaway up the hill.

WOw just noticed Dopey didn't get into this one. :(

those first few corners i think are probably the hardest in the stage, but i think i have it done to a science now :)

28:XXX is what i aim for, but mid 29's work too for the first checkpoint.

and in case anyone is curious, on my better runs, i'll get 55:4XX and 1:18:9XX for checkpoints 2 and 3 respectively.

Fifty

I'm about to race now. Good thing I've got 8 days...It'll take me at least that long to get a good time :D I just hope the other two hombres on our team can race.

Pachinko

Op_Ivy is aiming for a minute and 28 seconds ? jebus. Here I thought a minute and 52 seconds was a feat. Well if you think you can pull that off, I'm gonna try for a minute and 45 atleast. :)

op_ivy

Pachinko said:
Op_Ivy is aiming for a minute and 28 seconds ? jebus. Here I thought a minute and 52 seconds was a feat. Well if you think you can pull that off, I'm gonna try for a minute and 45 atleast. :)

???

i was listing my checkpoint times. 1:39 and some change is the best time on live, so i guess thats my aim

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'm totally lost here. I got a second grouping invite and joined that. Does it not start yet? Someone tell me where we are...

there is "Season 2 Dos" and "Season 2 Redeux".

season 2 dos has begun, but it filled before you could join.

season 2 redeux will begin shortly. i wanted to give everyone who DIDNT get a chance to get into season 2 dos a chance, but tomorrow im going to send invites to everyone else (who is already in Season 2 Dos) so we can fill it. i'll post here when i do, and then it will begin. we are teammates again caninus!

op_ivy

Musashi Wins! said:
I'm totally lost here. I got a second grouping invite and joined that. Does it not start yet? Someone tell me where we are...

we are running 2 groups of 16 people (couldnt fill one 32 man league). currently, invites have only been sent to those who wanted to participate last time, and didnt get into the first group of 16. in a few days, people in group 1 will get invites to fill up remaining spots (players who want to compete in both groups).

not sure when group 2 is scheduled to start (check the tourney page at xsn), but it may be a placeholder date untill the comp is full.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I'll post my time this weekend. My 10 year old bought me Shenmue 2 for fathers day, and we've both been playing that lately.

hgplayer1

Wellie you have GOT to move up past one of those two Madden guys! precious points are at stake! they arent too far ahead of you at the moment. Ill be making a run tonight to try to squeeze out some time. not sure if I can squeeze out 3 seconds tonight to get into 2nd but Im gonna give it a shot.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
hgplayer1 said:
Wellie you have GOT to move up past one of those two Madden guys! precious points are at stake! they arent too far ahead of you at the moment. Ill be making a run tonight to try to squeeze out some time. not sure if I can squeeze out 3 seconds tonight to get into 2nd but Im gonna give it a shot.

Wow, I just got home and saw the scoreboard. My two archnemesises in the league somehow surpassing my time. We shall see about THIS.

Don't worry hgplayer, I put a lot of time into each track, last night was just a warmup. Hopefully Bog and OtakuGamer pick up the slack. With only 16 players the point spread is much lower.

hgplayer1

Ill be logged in pretty much the whole night so if you see me on just join my game. if Im just sitting in the lobby and I dont respond Im probably away for a bit. Ill be sure to send invites to anyone I see.

IJoel

Wellington said:
Wow, I just got home and saw the scoreboard. My two archnemesises in the league somehow surpassing my time. We shall see about THIS.

Don't worry hgplayer, I put a lot of time into each track, last night was just a warmup. Hopefully Bog and OtakuGamer pick up the slack. With only 16 players the point spread is much lower.

HA!

Prepare to sport my flag bitch! :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
hgplayer1 said:
Ill be logged in pretty much the whole night so if you see me on just join my game. if Im just sitting in the lobby and I dont respond Im probably away for a bit. Ill be sure to send invites to anyone I see.

Good fucking games my man. Picked up some nifty little tricks from you and put them to good use as you saw.

Congrats on the crazy new time!

hgplayer1

Bog said:
I'll try and put some real time in tonight.

me and Wellie just made some runs and moved our team into 2nd! looks like it may be up to the 4th team member to decide the final spots.

hgplayer1

Wellington said:
Good fucking games my man. Picked up some nifty little tricks from you and put them to good use as you saw.

Congrats on the crazy new time!

i think theres two more things you could do to improve your times though I didnt ever really see your line through the spots I have in mind so Im not sure if you were already doing them or not.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Damn, you guys are putting up some good times. I'll give my addiction to the dice games in Shenmue a rest and post some times tonight after I shoot my round in GAF Links. I'll be lucky to make it in the top 5 for this round I think.

haha kindbudmaster being modest...

come on dude, we all nothing (short of your internet being knocked out for a week) that would keep you from at LEAST a top 3 finish.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Well, I was able to get a 2nd place time so far tonight. I might try some more later, but I don't know where I can pick up 1 second yet to get close to op_ivy. After my teamates post some times, we should see how even the teams are. So far it looks like we did a good job going by the points totals.

op_ivy

ok elegant wild, we need to move up a few spots to take the lead... and someone wake up mightyhedgehog

Fowler

Yeah, I haven't gotten started either!!! I did my run with my eyes closed!!! Watch out world!!!*

*note: Sarcasm in full effect. With apologies to my teammates, if I beat even ONE person I will be absolutely delighted.

op_ivy

FMT, when are you sending out invites to the 2nd group of 16? i want in (and on Fujisawa's team before its full)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GODDAMN Season 2 DOS is close as fuck at the moment. We really really need bog and pachinko to pick it up a notch. As it stands:

Madden Quadforce - 34
Lug Nuts - 33
Elegant Wild - 33

I am trying my best HGplayer!

hgplayer1

it ok I think we are in good shape for now. its hard to tell where we stand with so many people not having posted times yet.

Fifty

I can't seem to get past the 1:47 mark. Dammit! That car sure spins out of control easily. It's like a rodeo out there...

Pachinko

I need to race with someone that is getting these 1:45 or less times. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get through the first 2 sections reasonably well. I played for a half hour straight and the best run I did was the first one I tried doing, a whole 1 second less then the previous try... :(

HG or OP_IVy gonna be online tonight ? Wellie ? This is a hurdle I can't over come by myself apparently.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Damn, hg is making a run at the 2nd spot, just a 1/10th behind me so far. I better get on live and see if I can hold him off. Btw, I hope the rest off my team posts some times soon, I'd like to see where we stand.

Edit: In the time it took me to post that you beat my time. :( Damn you hg!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
hgplayer, pachinko, I am down to play tomorrow if you guys are available. For now I think I topped myself out but I have not been able to put together a run of my best on each section. I always fuck up at least one part. But now that I can hang closer to you I can see your lines hg, let's get it going.

Pachinko

Well I put in another 20 minutes just now, got another second shaved off. Still isn't good enough though. The number of bumps and scraps and track runoffs if abolished may get rid of 1-2 seconds tops so what I need to do is figure out how to take each of the 6 turns a little more smoothly. Even a 1 second difference for each turn would help , if I cut out the bumping my time would go up to 1:44 with that tiny sounding difference.

Idono, I'll be online tommorow but I'm just not sure when. I'll likely sleep till 11 am. so sometime after that.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I was finally able to get past op_ivy's time with a 1:40.218. Just cleaning up my line in the first couple of corners helped me out the most. I'm still having trouble with that final right into the finish. I just can't find a consistent line through that turn without dropping down into 4th gear.

hgplayer1

Ill be getting off work around noon CST and when I get home Ill probably log on for a bit to see if anyones around. Ill stay logged in until something comes up and I have to go.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn I couldn't play last night, had to get to the optical yesterday at the time you had specified. I should be good pretty much all day today, as I won't be going anywhere. I do have people coming over though so the earlier the better.

***Paging Bog*** Please play. :(

Top Bottom