• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

Hikami

okay so I finally got the various things to work as instructed but when I try to launch any game I instead get an error message

"An error has occurred. (C2-15413-4)"
That happened to me when I was using Yahoo. Switched to gmail (while using Thunderbird to send the e-mails) and it worked.

Roxas

Does the PS TV download and install firmware updates automatically? I honestly cant remember and need to know whether to disconnect from the network before going to bed or not :p

Does the PS TV download and install firmware updates automatically? I honestly cant remember and need to know whether to disconnect from the network before going to bed or not :p

I was wondering the same thing, if it does then apps like Netflix and Hulu would be useless since you need to be online to use them.

I'm having some trouble with the second step, once the .eml file is sent over to the vita the email app behaves as expected "cannot display this image" and so I back out, relaunch the application and go on to enter my email account login details,

but when I send over the attachment nothing seems to be happening, I'll see the following on screen, attempting to open the attachment has no effect.

I would appreciate any assistance if you think you might have an idea where I goofed up.

It looks like the file is named incorrectly.

No it doesn't.

Audioboxer

I'm having some trouble with the second step, once the .eml file is sent over to the vita the email app behaves as expected "cannot display this image" and so I back out, relaunch the application and go on to enter my email account login details,

but when I send over the attachment nothing seems to be happening, I'll see the following on screen, attempting to open the attachment has no effect.

I would appreciate any assistance if you think you might have an idea where I goofed up.

Name the file "#0" with no extension. Your file might still have the .dat extension. Or you might have tried with the naming of "x" (seen one or two people have problems with this).

B_Signal

1. Open that .eml file in any email client and forward the resulting message to yourself.

2. Open the email in your PSTV email app, and click on the attachment. The app will crash, but don't hit OK. Hit the PS button and close the email app entirely.

3. Open email app again, it will ask to setup your account. Thus is when you know it worked. Set it up.

this bit isn't working for me. I'm getting the picture, but when I start the app again it's still telling me I've got 5,000+ emails unread. I've tried the normal closing (so it peels) and just shutting the vitatv down

Xeodrifter didn't work, not sure what else I have that isn't PSTV compatible to see if I screwed something up or if Xeodrifter is too new for this check

NewDust

Just to be certain. If I were to earn trophies from a game on pstv, I have to sync this from the PSTV, right? It is not possible to put the mem-card in my normal Vita and sync them from there as far as I'm aware.

Really don't like the idea of hanging my pstv on the internet after whitelisting my games, and it would render it next to useless for me when it gets patched (and we know it will). And yes I care about that arbitrary point system.

graywolf323

This means you haven't copied the files via email successfully. Tips are use thunderbird and use gmail.

well I power cycled the PSTV (then it was just giving the generic this game can't be played on a PSTV error) and did everything via Gmail

same problem :-/ gonna try downloading the whitelist file again

edit: this worked! just had to redownload the file :) just booted up Gravity Rush with no error :D

Redid the steps, this time I got C2-15413-4 error when attempting Ys Celceta physical and the same "not compatible" error with Xeodrifter

Kolma

NETFLIX ON VITA TV
JF0YoX2.jpg

*Note I have a Hong Kong Vita TV which is why I don't have that stupid features tab

m0t0k1

Got the same problem only my digital downloaded games give (C2-15413-4) error. but my cardridge games still work. Anybody got an idea how to undo that.

Kolma

For those that are having trouble
Subject has to be

ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat.

Don't forget the extra period after the dat

Top Bottom