• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The point of this exploit is for PS TV to be able to run PS Vita games it didn't have access to. Not for normal PS Vita to be able to run PS Vita games it can already do on its own.

So NO.

But soon it will allow portable Vitas to play games they couldn't before.

Paltheos

A fair warning to everyone buying Ys Celceta: The game has a single, touchscreen puzzle midway into the game, and I don't know whether a solution is available via controller.

Az987

all good things
updated the OP with full instructions.

you're doing it wrong - the *.eml is the equivalent of a *.doc for word. you need to open it with an email program.

Oh.. Well I installed Thunderbird and it worked, I think.

Had to use it on the second part too.

Rich!

A fair warning to everyone buying Ys Celceta: The game has a single, touchscreen puzzle midway into the game, and I don't know whether a solution is available via controller.

pstv has touchscreen emulation. use the DS4 touchpad or press both L3 and R3 on a DS3.

HUELEN10

Okay, I'm home and I've been reading through the thread, slightly wary of Vita-side things... And that's okay, because if I can make this system just for PSP games I've purchased, homebrew, and ISOs I've personally dumped for personal use, all on an HDTV, then it will have all been worth it. Any new source good for a beginner for specifically this? It's not familiar to me, I am far more familiar with Wii homebrew.

Neat. Seemed difficult to figure out at first but it turned out just fine. Currently playing Ys Celceta on my HDTV with super comfy Dualshock 4. Ys was the one reason I had kept my Vita before getting a PSTV and ended up trading in my Vita before ever completing the game. Will be nice to finally complete.

MCD

Blood omen legacy of Kain
Bloody roar
Crash bandicoot
Spyro
Valkyria chronicles 2

Just off the top of my head

shit. don't own any but I can confirm that Ys works and can use the dualshock 3 sticks to use the touch functions.

Moofers

shit. don't own any but I can confirm that Ys works and can use the dualshock 3 sticks to use the touch functions.
Thank you! I will try to think of some more Japanese games in the meantime. I know one more I've been waiting on is Brave Story New Traveler for PSP. Love it but it's never been downloadable for my vita.

cwistofu

I'm happy with the PSTV as it is now, but I'll do this anyway for two things:

1. Ys Celceta
2. I could always use an eighth machine that can run Netflix in my apartment.

Thank you! I will try to think of some more Japanese games in the meantime. I know one more I've been waiting on is Brave Story New Traveler for PSP. Love it but it's never been downloadable for my vita.

Brave Story was taken off the PSN Store a while ago due to expiring licensing, so that one might be a little tricky.

Mihos

Gold Member
Worked fine for me, I used Tearaway since it was the only game I had on me I knew for sure wasn't supported. It launches, but crashes after the title screen. I actually need to figure out what games didn't work now so I can test!

I have an absolutely huge PSP physical library. I wish there was a way I could put them on (Brave Story is one of those games)

graywolf323

okay so I finally got the various things to work as instructed but when I try to launch any game I instead get an error message

"An error has occurred. (C2-15413-4)"

okay so I finally got the various things to work as instructed but when I try to launch a previously restricted game I instead get an error message

Which game was it? Also when you enabled the exploit, did it force you to setup an email account again?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
But soon it will allow portable Vitas to play games they couldn't before.
If there's was an similar exploit that allowed the PS TV and PS Vita to play all PSP/PS1 games it couldn't play before it would be glorious! (Because FFS Sony why no Crash on Vita!).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
As someone not well versed in what the PSTV could and couldn't do, can someone give me a brief rundown of what's going to be available that wasn't?

Some games require a lot of touch/camera features which meant they weren't practical on PSTV. But a lot of games would have worked fine, except the publishers couldn't be bothered to whitelist them as PSTV compatible. Eg danganronpa works in the us and Japan, but not in Europe which is insane.

PS Blog:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/24/ps-vita-system-software-update-3-60/

PS Vita System Software Update 3.60
Posted by Sharon Kapitula on Sep 24, 2015
//Platform Marketing, SCEA

Hi everyone! The next system software update for PS Vita and PS TV, version 3.60, will be available for download beginning later today. This update brings some bug fixes and System software stability during use of some features.

trying to predict the future :p

HUELEN10

PS Blog:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/24/ps-vita-system-software-update-3-60/

PS Vita System Software Update 3.60
Posted by Sharon Kapitula on Sep 24, 2015
//Platform Marketing, SCEA

Hi everyone! The next system software update for PS Vita and PS TV, version 3.60, will be available for download beginning later today. This update brings some bug fixes and System software stability during use of some features.

trying to predict the future :p
Shit son, you almost gave me a heart attack; I'm still tryin to figure how to turn this into a CFW PSP console dammit!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So is this a perma exploit or will we have to go through some steps to reanable this once we turn off the system? Kinda how you soft mooded a PSP?

Audioboxer

okay so I finally got the various things to work as instructed but when I try to launch any game I instead get an error message

This means you haven't copied the files via email successfully. Tips are use thunderbird and use gmail.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm guessing remote play would negotiate with the ps4 so they could update the ps4 app so it forces you to update the PSTV to run it. I use remote play a lot, but would really like danganronpa etc to work on it too. I could avoid updates for a while I guess, and then if they force an update I could always get a second PSTV for remoteplay

Zoe

So this works on the latest firmware? I haven't used my PSTV in almost a year, so it's due for an update.

Gandalf

I was concerned with the compatibility of some games when deciding to purchase a PSTV... So this exploit will definitely push me over the edge. Had a Vita since the UK launch but traded it in awhile back (Sorry VitaGAF), but I'll happily spend the £30 or so to play Vita and PSOne games on the big screen with a DS4. Thanks OP!

Top Bottom