• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

At work, I don't have access to my emails other than Outlook. I have my PSVita on me though. Having to wait 'til I get home is no big deal, I guess!

Edit: Or could I ask someone I know to send me the email?

Hikami

The first post says

What .eml file? The link provided just has a .dat file.

from here http://hackinformer.com/2015/09/24/...e-to-the-vita-filesystem-pstv-whitelist-patch

This was in the OP at first, don't know why rich removed it
The new link in the OP just has more detailed instructions for the whitelist part
How does accelerometer control works? Via the DS4?
Haven't actually tried playing it yet, just booted it up. I'll see how all that works out now.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Glad I'm not the only one. I'm surprised it took until the fourth page for people to start questioning that horrible step process. Can someone please outline in a more easier to understand bullet list?

me as well. please send halp.
seems needless bothersome I'll probably miss out. oh well nothing loss nothing gained

SOLDIER

Will this do anything to my settings? Specifically will it affect any of my saved games or anything else saved on my PS TV?

Also, could someone post a list of PSP/Vita/PS1 games that previously didn't work before this? I know Dracula X Chronicles was one of them, so that would be reason alone for me to try this.

rrrnzr

Neo Member
this is where i'm confused as well.

1. download the .eml file and just double click it. it should open as an email in your emailclient ( i used thunderbird).

2. with the email open, press ctrl+e (send as new email) and send it to your email account.

3. on the vita, you should now have received a message with a photo-attachment, click it, ignore the error-message and press the home button. close the email-app.

4. reopen the email-app, if you have to enter your email settings again, it worked.

superbonustip: for the case you dont have to re-enter your email-settings:
you probably used an 'other' email account. try to use a google account, that solved the problem for me.

Audioboxer

1. download the .eml file and just double click it. it should open as an email in your emailclient ( i used thunderbird).

2. with the email open, press ctrl+e (send as new email) and send it to your email account.

3. on the vita, you should now have received a message with a photo-attachment, click it, ignore the error-message and press the home button. close the email-app.

4. reopen the email-app, if you have to enter your email settings again, it worked.

you probably used an 'other' email account. try to use a google account, that solved the problem for me.

I'll just add forwarding works fine (via the forward button), in case you aren't on Windows and can't do ctrl-e.

Se_7_eN

What are the chances this will get patched?

I am tempted to go buy a PSTV now, but don't want to if this is just going to be patched next week.

Audioboxer

I am tempted to go buy a PSTV now, but don't want to if this is just going to be patched next week.

99.9%. No Vita TV you can buy in-store will have the patched FW for months to come. Only risk is if you buy second hand and someone updates it.

vongruetz

Banned

Wouldn't that require Sony to actually give acknowledgement to the PSTV's existence? They've ignored the thing since it launched, why should they change now?

Justified

If you are buying it for this reason, just dont update it, there are other ways to get you games on it aside from the PSN Store

Audioboxer

Wouldn't that require Sony to actually give acknowledgement to the PSTV's existence? They've ignored the thing since it launched, why should they change now?

The FW updates come in-line with the Vita, so the second a Vita stability update is pushed it's on PSTV as well.

Qwark

Would they even bother patching this out? They haven't supported this machine in forever, and when they finally do, it's within the context of re-limuting it's functionality? Just let it be.

I assume they still have a legal obligation to uphold licensing. That's why I assume there's restrictions in the first place (besides the obvious control limitations).

I'm really excited to get home and see if TG-16 Bomberman works. Anybody else know other local multiplayer games? I know Divekick, Nidhogg, that's all I can think of.

Aeana

Apparently this trick for writing to the filesystem works on regular Vitas as well, so the entire method will be patched and the VitaTV will be updated in the process.

Uhh...

Maybe someone should do a video Tutorial.

Kouriozan

I remember when Sony said they would constantly update the whitelist when they launched the PSTV and they just gave up after the holiday.
So I'm really glad that awful whitelist is gone.
There was stuff like Danganronpa and Disgaea 3 that was compatible in Japan (maybe US) but not Europe, for example.

vongruetz

Banned
I remember when Sony said they would constantly update the whitelist when they launched the PSTV and they just gave up after the holiday.
So I'm really glad that awful whitelist is gone.

They added new stuff to the list, games that were being released, but for the most part they've not added any of the older stuff. It's frustrating because I love the PSTV and love it even more now that the whitelist can be ignored. I understand that some games the rely on touch or the camera will be hard/impossible to play, but let me worry about that. Some games, like Modnation Racers has such minimal use of touch that there's no reason it shouldn't be playable.

Hikami

Was the opposite for me, it wouldn't let me use the google account option since it said the app was insecure. Using 'other' worked just fine for me.
How does accelerometer control works? Via the DS4?
Just tried playing a bit of Gravity Rush with the DS4. The gyro doesn't work--guessing they'd have to add that in themselves, but everything else works. (Can use the touch pad or click the sticks to emulate the touch.)

The game is perfectly playable.. don't know why they insist on not allowing it to be played on a PSTV.

Vlaphor

Finally got it working. Quick question? Do I have to do this each time I turn the VITA TV off, or does it stay put till the next patch.

dab0ne

is there supposed to be an error message when sending the #0 file? I can click it but then it gives me an error message saying i cant open it

Just tried playing a bit of Gravity Rush with the DS4. The gyro doesn't work--guessing they'd have to add that in themselves, but everything else works. (Can use the touch pad or click the sticks to emulate the touch.)

The game is perfectly playable.. don't know why they insist on not allowing it to be played on a PSTV.

Good luck trying to Gravity Slide

lcap

Was the opposite for me, it wouldn't let me use the google account option since it said the app was insecure. Using 'other' worked just fine for me.

Thank you! That's nice to read, but I thought it would be quite the opposite, the gyro would work and touch wouldn't since it also supports DS3.

That means Uncharted: GA should be fully playable, right?

Rich!

Please fix your guide. It currently refers to an .eml file that is not linked to anywhere and it is confusing a lot of people.

I can't :( I've got my daughter here so I can only do quick messages in between episodes of peppa pig and playing shopping

If a mod can update it I would be grateful

Vlaphor

Alright, I can confirm that the touch stuff does work if you turn it off. I'm guessing you have to have a DS4 hooked up to do any touch stuff? I have a DS3 hooked up to it now, and it's not letting me pass the title screen in Uncharted, even if I press in both sticks.

HUELEN10

Don't call the police!
mAEdYln.jpg

Just over 30 after tax! Damn this thing's small.

Now, where can I find the cheapest 16 gig card?

Not going to do this but I see that it will eventually lead to the removal of the email app which I actually use because it is the easiest way to get screenshots.

Qwark

That means Uncharted: GA should be fully playable, right?

To a point, Uncharted requires the camera to get past a puzzle. I'm guessing it's going to be a brick wall once you get there. I'm not even sure if Gravity Rush is able to be finished without the Gravity Slide (motion controls).

To a point, Uncharted requires the camera to get past a puzzle. I'm guessing it's going to be a brick wall once you get there. I'm not even sure if Gravity Rush is able to be finished without the Gravity Slide (motion controls).

Not just motion controls, but also multitouch. Can the virtual touchscreen even touch both bottom corners at once?

dab0ne

Well its not happening for me. I can send and open both files but it's not working so I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep an eye on the thread but if someone could make a video tutorial it would be much appreciated by many.

Mihos

Gold Member
Man, I needed this. I use my Vita TV mainly to stream my PS4 to the bar, but now it will get some serious use. I have a huge vita collection.

The End

welp, time to track down a used copy of Ys Celceta real quick

being able to play wipeout is nice now, but I'm going to assume that if i leave the PSTV offline long enough my PS+ games will stop working, right?

Since when has Castlevania X Chronicles not worked on US Vita? I've got it open right now. Was this one that had to be transferred over from PS3 and I just don't remember?

It works fine on Vita. It just doesn't work on the PSTV for some reason and apparently it was not just due to the whitelist as we all thought previously.

Just to be clear, it's not possible for Sony to ban us for the whitelist exploit?

Oh, it's quite possible. Just don't take your PSTV online anymore after the hack. I'm planning on swapping the MC with my Vita to download new games and keep the PSTV offline from now on. If you need to take it online because you use remote play or don't have a Vita, then you're out of luck unless you want to buy a 2nd one.

rrrnzr

Neo Member
Well its not happening for me. I can send and open both files but it's not working so I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep an eye on the thread but if someone could make a video tutorial it would be much appreciated by many.

try another email-account. i used my private one first, which was not working. then i used googlemail which worked flawlessly. for other people it was the other way around.

Top Bottom