• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Punk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Vic Bondi (Articles of Faith), Jeff Dead (The Bomb), Derek Grant (Alkaline Trio), and Joe Principe (Rise Against) are DEAD ENDING. I love Articles of Faith, I am not really into the other three bands, but these Dead Ending songs have been on repeat in my head. It's great hardcore that shows the old sound can still be played well if it's written fresh. Can't wait for more! Bondi still has that fire.

Indefinite Detention

All Your Satellites Are Falling

All The Way Down

HiResDes

Hey guys, if you're into rock I really want to get everyone together to make a competent general Rock thread to catch all of the band don't quite fit into Metal or Punk, I'm pretty up on new releases so I'd like to contribute a notable release list, but frankly I'm not as skilled at making nice looking OPs fit with banners and graphics so if anyone would like to make the thread or help make the thread let me know please : )

P.S. and if you'd being to merging the Punk thread with this new catch-all Rock thread that'd be cool too.

AcridMeat

Banned
I just saw this now. Did this happen? And is it a safe place to post weird anarcho punk or what have you? This thread was pretty much a thinly veiled attempt at getting weird guitar music that isn't exactly indie or whatever into one thread, while still being friendly to hardcore and other stuff that isn't appropriate in the metal thread.

If a rock thread could deal with Tragedy tracks being linked or whatever then I'd be into participating there.

There is a rock thread, though it's skewered more towards indie stuff. There have been conversations about the heavier side of things though.

Ultima_5

Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that the new mustard plug album is available on itunes! Thought it was coming out in 2014, but I guess itunes is selling it early?

EYEL1NER

Anyone have any impressions of the new Koffin Kats album that came out last month, 'Born of the Motor?'
I've been wanting to pick it up but I still haven't even found 'Our Way & the Highway' at a decent price yet. So it will probably be a while before I am able to either find it at the price I want or I cave and pay MSRP.

xbhaskarx

There are two dead punk threads and I didn't know which one to resurrect... I chose this one because it was longer.

So why the bump?

The Replacements Perform "Alex Chilton" on "Fallon"

They said it would happen, and it did. Nearly 30 years after getting banned from "Saturday Night Live", the Replacements were the musical guests on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". Though Fallon began the episode by joking that they'd be covering Smash Mouth's "All Star", they did their Pleased to Meet Me classic "Alex Chilton".

10665562_350932081731894_1053634976_n.jpg

with Keith Richards

NBC
YouTube

Blink Me

Bought:

Strung Out- Suburban Teenage Wasteland Blues
Good Riddance- Ballads from the Revolution
Pulley- @#!*

Going to be listening to them more once I've moved to Newcastle. Had no time at the moment.

Going to see the Misfits with Cleveland American Werewolves in october. First ever show of this type. Girlfriend loves punk and that type of music. She's a big distillers fan also.

Nopren

I might just be talking to myself, but gosh dern it, there is a new Frenzal Rhomb album out! And it is more Frenzal Rhomb, just what I have alway wanted. Fast, Catchy and Silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom