• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Skylanders Giants' |OT|

Zing

Banned
The Wii is the "native" platform, with the other versions being ports and having a few extra programming bugs. Do what you will with that info.

Personally, I'd get the Spryo's Adventure pack, since the portal is higher quality. It's actually a better deal to get Giants in starter pack form as well. For $15 more, get the new portal for free as well as getting two currently starter-exclusive figures. Even if you never use the portal, you are saving $5 on a figure.

Collecting every figure is just for collection purposes. There is an "accolade" (read: achievement) that is only triggered if you have all the figures. Also, the more figures you have, the more XP bonus you get. Finally, having more figures of the same elemental type boosts their elemental power. You only need one figure of each elemental type to access all content in the game and 100% a game save.

There is no online play. It is all local co-op. For this reason, I suggest the optimal collection will have two unique figures of each element, so both player can be the same element at the same time.

Thanks dude, that was very helpful.

Zing

Banned
Here is the complete Legendary Family, including the newly minted Stealth Elf. I have no real use for these things. I just bought them because I could. I'll probably sell them off after Christmas.

TheGrue

Got in all the wave 2 stuff yesterday and so my daughter and I took them for a spin. I'm a bit disappointed that only Hot Head's head lights up, but I guess that is why they call him Hot Head. Flashwing was a hit with my daughter. A female dragon that shoots out gems? Sign her up. I like Sprocket, just because she could lay down turrets. Probably the best figure from a cosmetic standpoint, though, is the repose of Hex. She has these orbs around her and in her hands and they have skulls in them. Skulls! Also, because I am a dork, I got a kick out of putting Jet Vac on the portal and hearing him shout "Hawk and Awe!"

U2NUMB

My Toys R Us was refreshed with some good stuff today.

Picked up

Sprocket
Flashwing
3 pack Legendary Slam Bam, Jet Vac and Ignitor

tons more but I have been spending wayyy too much on this recently!

Fantomex

I love Jet-Vac but he seems weak. Seems a bit slow with movement, and his firing too. Does anyone have him all maxed out yet? I'm only level 8, hoping he goes all Rambo in the later levels

Draco

Only in Canada, buddy. :)

Only in Canada? Care to make a run and ship some out to your Friendly American Neighborood Gaffers? :)

Sprocket was an unexpected hit with my son. He didn't want to "play a girl," but then I showed him how she could make a turret. Later, she builds an f'ing tank! Reminded me of an Advance Wars tank.

BTW, where did you get your sweet custom cabinet for your old skool TV?

gaming TV by Daniel Corban, on Flickr

BooJoh

I have a question for anyone with Legendary Stealth Elf, Ignitor, or Slam Bam. Do these Legendary versions have WoW Pow and upgrade switching or are they simply more powerful versions of the series 1 characters?

DarkPanda

I have a question for anyone with Legendary Stealth Elf, Ignitor, or Slam Bam. Do these Legendary versions have WoW Pow and upgrade switching or are they simply more powerful versions of the series 1 characters?

I have Legendary Ignitor and Slam Bam (series 2), and yes, they both have Wow Pow and upgrade path switching.

Zing

Banned
Only in Canada? Care to make a run and ship some out to your Friendly American Neighborood Gaffers? :)

BTW, where did you get your sweet custom cabinet for your old skool TV?

I could, but I don't see why anyone would want to buy them. It would be at least $9 shipping from here. You can just wait a couple weeks and buy them yourself from your local store.

The TV cabinet is just the standard Sony stand.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Okay, I know TFB reads this, so I hope this helps them, and I hope they take some of this to mind. I am going to list my pros and cons with Giants.

Hopefully they find a good balance with this, and the next game will be a true leap for them. It should put any negative reviews *cough*Gametrailers*cough* to shame, unless they are stupid-biased toward games that many dub AAA (this game is AAA to me).

Pros -

+ Better story with more focus. It didn't feel like the same every 3 levels.
+ Much harder than the first game.
+ Arena Challenges are a welcome addition.
+ Like that Series 1/2 characters can do the Heroics of both games.
+ Levels were longer and finding things was a bit tougher.
+ Heroics for some of the new characters have more variety.

Cons -

- Not as hard as I was hoping. I died on Nightmare, sure, but I wanted to get frustrated at it. In other words, I wanted it to be so hard, I had to expend more than 12 Skylanders. It took me 12 Skylanders to beat ONE level of the game on Nightmare, and for the most part, most of my Skylanders started at level 1.
- Not enough new characters. I'd say 24 new characters per game would be awesome. That's my personal preference, though.
- While the levels were long, I longed for more levels. I would have liked more than 22 story chapters, which bests the first game's count for main story chapters.
- Hub wasn't big enough. I want a fully explorable hub with LOTS of secrets.
- I miss Adventure Packs. I always thought with the first game, how cool it would be to build a collection of Magical Items. I had even hoped they would sell packs of Magical Items on their own in time. With no new Adventures in this game, the game feels short, despite the levels being bigger.
- No online.

So, in summary, I do like the second game more than the first, but it still should have more chapters than the first game, there should have been more Adventure Packs so to add new levels and Magical Items.

I would have liked to have seen online. I keep wanting to think that this game will develop a following along the lines of fighting games, Smash Bros., and Pokemon, with its Battle Mode. The problem is, there are hardly social get-togethers in peoples' homes anymore. Kids might do it, sure, but I would like to battle with fellow adults online, who put some thought and strategy into their Skylanders for battle. Online CO-OP through the story would be fun, but online multiplayer for this game could build up a following, that people will eventually meet up in person, for actual tournaments held in certain places, due to how popular it got online.

So -

- Add online PVP and CO-OP
- Bring back Adventure Packs and Magical Items
- More or the same amount of levels each game (but based on the first game's 22 chapters)
- Always keep the figures forward compatible
- Keep levels as long as they were in Giants
- Add a hub that's full of secrets and is ripe with exploration for said secrets

And this game will go from masterpiece, to mega-masterpiece.

I wouldn't mind seeing games being built with lots of Magical Items in mind, that way TFB can sell booster packs of Magical Items, which allows fans of Magical Items to build a collection of Magical Items. Boosters could be sold in packs of 2 or 4, and TFB could maybe add 8 Magical Items per game, which would be forward compatible.

Nightmare was a blast, though. I enjoyed dying quite a few times, but I still want it to be even harder.

i really like the idea of this game especially the idea of buying a character from a store or some sort of limited edition character and taking him online..would be really interesting for an arena combat game or a pokemon type game

GameMaster78

Neo Member
I found another con, and this one bugs me. I never noticed this, until I was talking to a friend about it, but this REALLY bugs me.

I kept bragging to others about how my Ghost Roaster went from 32 Heroics done in the first game (ie ALL Heroics), to 33 thanks to the new Heroics of this game, but then I saw another thing that really-really-really bugs me.

I love you guys at TFB (I know you guys check this out), but man, I kinda feel cheated. :(

So, my 32 Heroics completed Ghost Roaster's stats look like this -

HP: 560
Speed: 91
Armor: 54
Critical Hit: 70
Elemental Power: 100

I thought, "Cool. It's time to break the 100 mark on my speed stat." So I pop Ghost Roaster on, and what do his stats say?

HP: 685 (due to being level 14)
Speed: 67 (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT)
Armor: 39 (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT)
Critical Hit: 85 (MAXED despite having new C. Hit Heroics to complete with him)
Elemental Power: 93 (WHAAAAAAAAAAAT)

So, what bugs me about this, is this new game basically busted down the stats I worked for on the first game. Instead of allowing my speed to go over 100, this game is making it so my Ghost Roaster "MIGHT" get back to 91 speed. That bummed me out.

What is the point of doing Heroics in the first game, only for them to be taken away in the second game, just so you can do new Heroics, and get back to the stats - or slightly below or higher - of the first game?

Please-please-please TFB, on the next game, make the stats of each Skylander stay the same, while not being afraid to let them break the 100 mark. This also allows you to make each game harder, to make up for the more powerful Skylanders. This also means people can't complain if the game is too hard, because they had 2 games to build their stats up before tackling each new game. Infact, I think that's a cool idea. Make each game harder, which encourages sales of the previous games, so they can beef up in order to be able to handle the difficulty of each new game.

But yeah, I am sitting here wondering why my Ghost Roaster can't break the 100 mark on his speed stat, while I worked hard to get his speed to 91 in the first game.

That's another con, but it doesn't stop this game from being a blast. It just needs to be as long as the first game next year - because we know you're making a new one. :p

My Ghost Roaster is very sad in pants.

JMizzlin

My 5 year old son uses this. The Power A Micro Skylanders branded controller. We have the blue one. It's my first experience with a wired Xbox 360 controller. This is our third Power A controller (we have used two of their Micro Wii controllers for the last two years to great success).

I used it myself for around a four hour gaming session (Skyrim) to make sure it was responsive before turning it over to him. Overall, it's a solid 8/10 controller. The thumbsticks are generally responsive and smooth. I can feel the slightest resistance pushing "Up" with the left thumbstick. Like I'm feeling the mechanisms rubbing inside the housing. It's very slight though and I usually forget about it unless I'm really paying attention to it.

The light up feature is very cool and my son loves it. You click a button on the back to light up the four colored face buttons and the shoulder buttons. Face buttons feel good, as do the triggers.

My one gripe s that the shoulder buttons are too "clicky." I much prefer the "smooshy" feel of the regular Xbox controller's shoulder buttons. I've been using Dragon Shouts in Skyrim for 180 hours and suddenly switching to the Microcontroller was adjustment. You really need to push it in the center of the button, and not just tap the corner of it.

I think it might actually be too tough for my 5 year old son to do that, but you don't use the shoulder buttons in Skylanders so it's not an issue right now.

One thing I didn't realize about having a wired controller connected to the Xbox. It will ALWAYS be Controller 1, even if you turn on your system using another wireless controller using the center guide button.

My son doesn't have the coordination to plug it into the USB port in front of the Xbox behind the hidden door, so we pretty much leave it in all the time, which means I'm constantly having to turn off the Xbox after I start it up with my regular controller, unplug his and then restart the Xbox. And of course, I forget to re-plug his wired controller in all the time when I'm done, and God forbid my wife learns how to plug in the USB controller, which often results in an angry phone call to me at 3:00PM from her that usually goes like this, "Why the hell can't you remember to plug it in before you got to bed," followed by, "How the hell is this supposed to go in again?" Even though I've showed her like 10 times now how to do it.

This is a fantastic write-up and really helped. Thanks a lot! I appreciate it.

Well, the Giants Wii system bundles seem to be doing their job pretty well so far (at least if my store is any indication). The Toys R Us I work at (Sterling Heights, MI) got 10 of them in today and in just the four hours I was there (9:00 am-1:00 pm), we already sold 8 of them. Of course, purely anecdotal, but even with it being Skylanders and getting near the holiday shopping season, I still wasn't expecting them to move that quickly, since it's also the Wii, which otherwise have just been sitting there mostly. Hope this manages to keep up and mean good things for the series in the future.

BooJoh

I found another con, and this one bugs me. I never noticed this, until I was talking to a friend about it, but this REALLY bugs me.

I kept bragging to others about how my Ghost Roaster went from 32 Heroics done in the first game (ie ALL Heroics), to 33 thanks to the new Heroics of this game, but then I saw another thing that really-really-really bugs me.

I love you guys at TFB (I know you guys check this out), but man, I kinda feel cheated. :(

So, my 32 Heroics completed Ghost Roaster's stats look like this -

HP: 560
Speed: 91
Armor: 54
Critical Hit: 70
Elemental Power: 100

I thought, "Cool. It's time to break the 100 mark on my speed stat." So I pop Ghost Roaster on, and what do his stats say?

HP: 685 (due to being level 14)
Speed: 67 (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT)
Armor: 39 (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT)
Critical Hit: 85 (MAXED despite having new C. Hit Heroics to complete with him)
Elemental Power: 93 (WHAAAAAAAAAAAT)

So, what bugs me about this, is this new game basically busted down the stats I worked for on the first game. Instead of allowing my speed to go over 100, this game is making it so my Ghost Roaster "MIGHT" get back to 91 speed. That bummed me out.

What is the point of doing Heroics in the first game, only for them to be taken away in the second game, just so you can do new Heroics, and get back to the stats - or slightly below or higher - of the first game?

Please-please-please TFB, on the next game, make the stats of each Skylander stay the same, while not being afraid to let them break the 100 mark. This also allows you to make each game harder, to make up for the more powerful Skylanders. This also means people can't complain if the game is too hard, because they had 2 games to build their stats up before tackling each new game. Infact, I think that's a cool idea. Make each game harder, which encourages sales of the previous games, so they can beef up in order to be able to handle the difficulty of each new game.

But yeah, I am sitting here wondering why my Ghost Roaster can't break the 100 mark on his speed stat, while I worked hard to get his speed to 91 in the first game.

That's another con, but it doesn't stop this game from being a blast. It just needs to be as long as the first game next year - because we know you're making a new one. :p

My Ghost Roaster is very sad in pants.

Looks like some sort of limitation on programming where the bonus to stats is capped at +32 on S:SA and +64 (or whatever it is) in Giants, resulting in a wraparound when the value is over 32. It's basically a result of not future-proofing the first game well enough.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
I just don't get why the character's stats dropped down in the second game, only to make me reget those stats in the new game, to bring it back up to what it was in the first game. I thought it would be cool to watch their stats grow over each game.

In other news, I bought these today. Seeing as I always get 3 of every character (2 to open, 1 to keep sealed), it was no different for this one -

DSC_1103.jpg

Having said that, I'm off to edit post #302 again, to reflect the changes... after I take a couple of new pics. Someone alerted me that I put LC Eruptor's card in the Tech Element, while putting LC Drobot in the Fire Elements, when it comes to the cards stapled to the wall. I also added Gnarly's card to the wall.

I will be updating post #302 after Once Upon A Time and Walking Dead are over.

I just don't get why the character's stats dropped down in the second game, only to make me reget those stats in the new game, to bring it back up to what it was in the first game. I thought it would be cool to watch their stats grow over each game.

In other news, I bought these today. Seeing as I always get 3 of every character (2 to open, 1 to keep sealed), it was no different for this one -

DSC_1103.jpg

Having said that, I'm off to edit post #302 again, to reflect the changes... after I take a couple of new pics. Someone alerted me that I put LC Eruptor's card in the Tech Element, while putting LC Drobot in the Fire Elements, when it comes to the cards stapled to the wall. I also added Gnarly's card to the wall.

I always stop in this thread to check out your collection..absolutely amazing!!

Rootbeer

Banned

DSC_1103.jpg

Can't wait to see you buy 3 Wii U's hehehe

fernoca

(yep, quoting again because it's qite awesome. :p)

DSC_1103.jpg

Damn, I want one of those Wii bundles and you got 3! XD
As amazing as always GameMaster. <3!

Hopefully storess will have a few in 2/4 weeks...though reading around, seems it is selling quite well...oh well. Always wanted that Wii color and it comes with an exclusive Skylander to boot.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Thanks, guys. The figure actually shows up ingame as Gnarly Tree Rex, so I deem him and the others that show up "official variants."

I am after all of them.

I doubt I would need 3 Wii U's, but I do have my Wii U on preorder (first at my local Gamestop), and I will be picking up 13 games at launch, including Skylanders Giants.

Now, had Giants on Wii U came with a different character than the other versions, then I would have bought 3 copies of Giants on Wii U. I think I am safe from that, however.

I will update post #302 tomorrow, after I take a couple of pics and do some writing on my current screenplay.

RobbieNick

DSC_1103.jpg

OH COME THE FUCK ON NOW!! I was expecting you to buy one, two max, but this is ridiculous! It's a whole damn Wii!! Dude there's a limit on collecting. C'mon now.

BooJoh

I take it you're new to GM78 and his obsessive collecting ways.

The man just spent nearly $500 to get 3 copies of one recolored character. I don't think someone has to be new to the Skylanders community to find that excessive or surprising.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Well, I guess I can explain what I did.

When I bought the 3 Wii's, I also got 3 Display Cases that included Wham Shell inside. Those cost 30 bucks each, and I am selling them to friends for 30 bucks each. That's 90 dollars.

I spent 487.65 for these 3 Wii's.

Back to what I was getting at. 90 dollars already gotten, so that knocks the price down to 397.65. Then, my neighbor across the street wanted a Wii for his bedroom, so I told him I'd sell him one of the open Wii's, with a copy of the game, portal, Jet-Vac, and Series 2 Cynder, for 100 bucks. He's already paid me for that. So, that knocks the price down to 297.65.

I always donate to Toys For Tots every year, so charity work is always done. No Wii giving... not until I am rich enough to do that.

Back - again - to what I was getting at. I might have a buyer for the second opened Wii, which I am selling for 80 bucks, sans the game, which I am GIVING to a friend for free. It is minus Jet-Vac and Tree Rex, but I am giving him an extra Tree Rex I have, so he's only missing Jet-Vac, which will be out in a Single Pack later on. If this Wii sells, that knocks the price down to 217.65.

So, in summary, if one were to play it smart, and get in on the TRU deal, where you get a free display case (30 dollar value) for every 100 you spend on Skylanders, you can turn around and sell a lot of the stuff in order to get Gnarly Tree Rex.

Here is how it breaks down.

I bought 3 Wii's, 2 to open for 2 Gnarly Tree Rex's, while the third will stay sealed. It ran me 217.65 after selling stuff (AT COST) to recoup costs. I could have sold those cases on Ebay for 40 plus, however, making it cost even less, but I didn't because they would be against my non-scalping ways.

217.65, minus 162.55 since I am keeping one sealed, leaves me out 55.10 for 2 open Gnarly Tree Rex's. I wouldn't say that's bad at all, seeing as people are buying one Gnarly Tree Rex on Ebay by himself, for 80 plus. i got 2 for 55.10.

I could also go a bit further if I wanted. I have 4 sealed Wham Shells I was trying to help people get at cost, because they kept complaining they needed it, then when I tried to help no one replied. That's money already out of my budget and I never planned on getting it back. However, even if I sold those 4, I could get 40 bucks back and apply it to the 217.65, making it go down to 177.65, which is almost making my 2 open Gnarly Tree Rex's free. Then, I could go even further and sell the 3 extra Volcanic Vaults I got back in the day during the Best Buy promo, for 30 each (had to spend 25 before tax to get them). Again, that's money out of my budget that I never planned on getting back. That's an additional 90 bucks if I really wanted to sell them, making the entire transaction go from 177.65, to an astonishing 87.65. I could say I got THREE Wii bundles for less than the cost of ONE Wii.

I've been tossing around the idea of selling the 4 Whams hanging up in my closet, as well as 3 VV's, which can be used in Giants. Getting 3 Wii's for a total of 87.55 is a deal no one can beat.

However, no matter what I do, the most I spent for these 3 Wii's, is 217.65, which is 55.10 more than the cost of a sealed Wii bundle. Not even 55.10 could buy 1 Gnarly Tree Rex on Ebay, but I got 2 for 55.10.

So, that's why I did it.

Sora_N

Well, I guess I can explain what I did.

When I bought the 3 Wii's, I also got 3 Display Cases that incoude Wham Shell inside. Those cost 30 bucks each, and I am selling them to friends for 30 bucks each. That's 90 dollars.

I spent 487.65 for these 3 Wii's.

Back to what I was getting at. 90 dollars already gotten, so that knocks the price down to 397.65. Then, my neighbor across the street wanted a Wii for his bedroom, so I told him I'd sell him one of the open Wii's, with a copy of the game, portal, Jet-Vac, and Series 2 Cynder, for 100 bucks. He's already paid me for that. So, that knocks the price down to 297.65.

I always donate to Toys For Tots every year, so charity work is always done. No Wii giving... not until I am rich enough to do that.

Back - again - to what I was getting at. I might have a buyer for the second opened Wii, which I am selling for 80 bucks, sans the game, which I am GIVING to a friend for free. It is minus Jet-Vac and Tree Rex, but I am giving him an extra Tree Rex I have, so he's only missing Jet-Vac, which will be out in a Single Pack later on. If this Wii sells, that knocks the price down to 217.65.

So, in summary, if one were to play it smart, and get in on the TRU deal, where you get a free display case (30 dollar value) for every 100 you spend on Skylanders, you can turn around and sell a lot of the stuff in order to get Gnarly Tree Rex.

Here is how it breaks down.

I bought 3 Wii's, 2 to open for 2 Gnarly Tree Rex's, while the third will stay sealed. It ran me 217.65 after selling stuff (AT COST) to recoup costs. I could have sold those cases on Ebay for 40 plus, however, making it cost even less, but I didn't because they would be against my non-scalping ways.

217.65, minus 162.55 since I am keeping one sealed, leaves me out 55.10 for 2 open Gnarly Tree Rex's. I wouldn't say that's bad at all, seeing as people are buying one Gnarly Tree Rex on Ebay by himself, for 80 plus. i got 2 for 55.10.

I could also go a bit further if I wanted. I have 4 sealed Wham Shells I was trying to help people get at cost, because they kept complaining they needed it, then when I tried to help no one replied. That's money already out of my budget and I never planned on getting it back. However, even if I sold those 4, I could get 40 bucks back and apply it to the 217.65, making it go down to 177.65, which is almost making my 2 open Gnarly Tree Rex's free. Then, I could go even further and sell the 3 extra Volcanic Vaults I got back in the day during the Best Buy promo, for 30 each (had to spend 25 before tax to get them). Again, that's money out of my budget that I never planned on getting back. That's an additional 90 bucks if I really wanted to sell them, making the entire transaction go from 177.65, to an astonishing 87.65. I could say I got THREE Wii bundles for less than the cost of ONE Wii.

I've been tossing around the idea of selling the 4 Whams hanging up in my closet, as well as 3 VV's, which can be used in Giants. Getting 3 Wii's for a total of 87.55 is a deal no one can beat.

However, no matter what I do, the most I spent for these 3 Wii's, is 217.65, which is 55.10 more than the cost of a sealed Wii bundle. Not even 55.10 could buy 1 Gnarly Tree Rex on Ebay, but I got 2 for 55.10.

So, that's why I did it.

Wait you have extra Wham Shells at cost? :(

Also I like your plan, I'm thinking of trying to do the same but I don't have $150 to drop until next paycheck I think, I'm sure I could sell the Wii + game for $100 though.

Ive been looking for Wham-Shell, Camo, and Warnado what seems like forever! lol

Definitely not looking to spend eBay or 3rd party Amazon seller prices though. : (

Sora_N

Ive been looking for Wham-Shell, Camo, and Warnado what seems like forever! lol

Definitely not looking to spend eBay or 3rd party Amazon seller prices though. : (

I never see Warnado or Camo singles anymore but if you need the 3-pack with them in it my TRU may have some more.

I never see Warnado or Camo singles anymore but if you need the 3-pack with them in it my TRU may have some more.

Yeah, I live a little north of Cincinnati, and it must be a Skylander's fan hotbed! lol Ive been into the game since the beginning, and have never seen them individually or as a three pack. Amazon has the three pack, but it's like $80 something. : /

If you see the three pack while casually going about your business, Ill absolutely reimburse you and would have my gratitude and appreciation! : )

Sora_N

Yeah, I live a little north of Cincinnati, and it must be a Skylander's fan hotbed! lol Ive been into the game since the beginning, and have never seen them individually or as a three pack. Amazon has the three pack, but it's like $80 something. : /

If you see the three pack while casually going about your business, Ill absolutely reimburse you and would have my gratitude and appreciation! : )

I will be at my local TRU within the next few days (have to adjust a price for a purchase before Thursday) so will let you know?

Zing

Banned
I suspect most people won't have friends willing to pay full retail price for stuff you bought from the store, when they could just go buy it directly themselves.

As for people seeking Wham Shell, he is easily the worst Skylander in the whole set. No big loss.

RobbieNick

You can get Wham Shell in the Cardboard carrying case for $30 at TRU. I'm gonna pick that up on payday. I could use a case as my current Skylanders are housed in a large, plastic TRU bag.

BooJoh

As for people seeking Wham Shell, he is easily the worst Skylander in the whole set. No big loss.

Have you used Wham Shell? He was probably the Skylander I was looking forward to the least, but is now my go-to water Skylander from the first game. His design may be lacking, but he's fun to play.

Sora_N

You can get Wham Shell in the Cardboard carrying case for $30 at TRU. I'm gonna pick that up on payday. I could use a case as my current Skylanders are housed in a large, plastic TRU bag.

Eh I like how Wham Shell looks. I'll wait for next payday, if I have funds I'll pick up the box too. Actually, my dudes are in some paper bag right now anyways lol.

ElNino

I don't know about that, I've found him to be pretty fun to use. Drill Sergeant is the character my son and I dislike the most.

Zing

Banned
Have you used Wham Shell?
I don't blame you for assuming a random Internet dude would say something like that without actually using the character, but yes, he is level 10 with all upgrades but one.

Drill Sergeant is better by far.

DarkPanda

I don't blame you for assuming a random Internet dude would say something like that without actually using the character, but yes, he is level 10 with all upgrades but one.

Drill Sergeant is better by far.

I agree. Wham Shell is annoying to use because he steps forward every time you use his basic attack. This makes it hard to kill something without either moving away from it or moving into the path of something else that'll harm you. And his other attacks aren't anything special. Drill Sergeant has a charge attacks (which are always great), a distance attack, and his little laser. He's much more useful and easier to use.

I think it was silly including Jet Vac and Cynder as console owners will end up with duplicate figures if they're buying the Giants starter.

Zing

Banned
Ontario has received wave 2, so I am now up to date with Hot Head, Flashwing, and Sprocket.

I still haven't opened Chill or Pop Fizz. I am giving me daughter a few every other weekend instead of just opening each one immediately, as I did last year. This weekend will be Hot Head, Flashwing, and Pop Fizz.

Related to the above iOS pack. Lost Islands is now out in Europe. I believe that's one of the three games you get with the iOS pack (even though it's free).

Zing

Banned
If you read the description at the URL provided, it says the box simply contains a download code. It will be in the app store just as any other app.

Is there an OT for Skylanders in general? Or is there a great source on the web that explains how everything is related and works with each other? I was considering getting into the Console games but maybe I'd be more interested in the new mobile games?

Console Games:
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Skylanders: Giants

Mobile Games:
Battlegrounds -
Cloud Patrol -
Lost Islands -

Which figures work in which games? Can I carryover my progress from one game to another (even mobile?)?

Top Bottom